Path of Exile is Coming to PS4

"
So they changed what the witch says just to make it more PG13 (or whatever rating that is) ? This is a bad sign.

It would be interesting if GGG ever announced some numbers. This isn't exactly a console friendly game and developing it with consoles in mind will change its philosophy.

Thing about consoles: there were talks about PoE going to consoles since 2015 or 2016 (at least), so I doubt XBox release (let alone PS4 now) came as a surprise. No hidden meanings here or anything, just saying - it was bound to happen.

As for the Witch's lines, I have even more questions now: they changed the ORIGINAL lines, Witch wasn't using them since 3.0 (because Oriath got added and the main screens like Login and Character Creation got changed to fit the theme). Did GGG change those lines just for the trailer? For the PS4 version because Sony made them? Tencent? Of their own accord? Also, that indicates the voice actress for Witch is still on board; are the other voice actors? 1% increased chance to having the second half of the game voiced? After all, when Goddess Unleashed got a rework, the dialogues got a rework to go all the way through Acts (although the VA changed).

P.s. PG13, after an M17 trailer? That would be a sight to behold :D And what "numbers" are you interested in, specifically?
That is a very nice vid, and well done. My only grief is that you took an existing picture and barely changed it for the thumb and it bothers me because the blood spatter is shaped wrong. Original except that. Nicely done.
"
stark_47 wrote:
PoE on the console is just a CtrlC + CtrlV, Xbox version has been more than a year

narp. ps2 is just a brand new engine they created on the fly while xbox is basically the same code as the pc version with controler support and some offline trading functionality.

can't comment on the xbox app quality cause i hate consoles that take the freedom of choice away from the player.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Great message :)
When I saw the abyss desperation I think that hell is always today.....
"
vio wrote:
"
stark_47 wrote:
PoE on the console is just a CtrlC + CtrlV, Xbox version has been more than a year

narp. ps2 is just a brand new engine they created on the fly while xbox is basically the same code as the pc version with controler support and some offline trading functionality.

can't comment on the xbox app quality cause i hate consoles that take the freedom of choice away from the player.

Xbox is a directX powered console, like regular Windows PC.

PS4 runs a Linux, so they probably ported their engine to Vulkan. Maybe we can start hoping for a future Linux PC version. My windows only serves me to play POE, for anything else, including other games, I run Linux.
This is good news for Path of Exile and GGG. More customers means more resources to develop this fantastic game.
Mobile next? Well I don't care, I got what I wanted for years - custom\private leagues.
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
Make Linux port!
We need PoE on Smart Watches! NOT PS4!
ign:Radicalhong
If I have seen further it is by standing on ye sholders of a... dwarf!

And just trying to accomplish something like that, or trying to read between the lines (if you prefer), I have to admit that whether this game ports over to Play Station or not, offer private leagues for sale or not, is not my primary concern...

What really concerns me here is the photoshop editing of the image of the Duelist Slayer, who in the prototype is actually not only beheading the poor bugger standing in his... path (of exile), but at the same time dismembering him!

Why in this certain play... station ad edition is the picture thus rendered?
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info