What makes playing PoE fun for you?

getting home from work and have fun to kill monsters is how I manage to forget the stress from the day behind me.
Sometimes it is just to forget all and simply grind for items to collect them all in best stats form. I loved to play party in d3 but PoE is my single adventure, I just like it so much.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Phew, almost gave a serious reply. Then I noticed: a) who started the thread; and b) that the OP is indeed just veiled whingeing about the xp penalty.

But also he's the only one being sad in here and telling people that with their kind of fun they won't reach his goals.
- Min maxing my character and seing how it grows stronger with better gear and levels. Mostly I see this progress through mapping when at first you may struggle with red maps, but then suddenly it becomes a breeze.

- Picking up stuff and hoarding: for some reason it just feels calming and satisfying to pick up shiny stuff and seing how your currency reaches hundreds or even thousands.

- Challenges: adds more goals and gives sense of accomplishment.

- Always busy doing stuff - maping, managing inventory, delving, trading, and if you're like me you'll never let a single Atziri's fragment or Offering to the Godess go to waste.

- Grinding sugarcoated in a fancy content: basically every ARPG is based around grinding, but I've never seen any ARPG doing it better than PoE. Also I feel that there are different things you can do. If you get tired of mapping you can switch to Atziri, labs, prophecies, infinite darkness delves. Maybe it won't be as effective as maps, but it can be fun.

The only thing I despise is leveling a character through acts, but nothing can be done about it really. It's natural process of the game.
"
Molochmane wrote:
- PoB more than PoE

On a sidenote, how frigging hard would it be to add PoB features in-game? I mean, PoB CAN calculate all of that, people WANT to use those features. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate guys who coded PoB. But I'd seriously want such tool in the game itself, considering it is almost a required method of calculating how to efficiently gear your character etc.
The depth of the game.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
vmt80 wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:
- PoB more than PoE

On a sidenote, how frigging hard would it be to add PoB features in-game? I mean, PoB CAN calculate all of that, people WANT to use those features. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate guys who coded PoB. But I'd seriously want such tool in the game itself, considering it is almost a required method of calculating how to efficiently gear your character etc.

Why should GGG do the work outside sources are already doing for them? Same thing with poe.trade
The mega loot grind, the feeling of accomplishment when finally getting that drop/mod. The theorycrafting and brainstorming when looking at stash uniques or the wiki. The buildup towards gearing for a new character etc. So almost everything about this game makes the game fun for me.
And I love how hard some drop are to get, you can really have something special sometimes.
Last edited by Manthe_blaqskull on Oct 23, 2018, 8:43:05 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
vmt80 wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:
- PoB more than PoE

Why should GGG do the work outside sources are already doing for them? Same thing with poe.trade

tldr; yeah u r probably right not gonna happen

I'm not a coder, so I can't say how hard it would be to include PoB as an in-game add-on into core game menus. Basically, I was arguing for QoL it provides with possibility to instantly make comparisons between acquired new gear upon drop and worn gear. In theory, they could make a deal to implement PoB into PoE.

You are of course technically right that GGG wouldn't probably make something again that fans have already done on their behalf. I just dislike having to use other programs for mandatory build calculations and having to switch between them mid-game. All in all it highlights to me how much PoE would benefit as a game from a number of QoL features.
Playing builds that are sub-optimal just to see what I can squeeze out of them.
Started a second account so I am stuck with no special tabs, again, for see for try and for know.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
probably because of faith....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info