What makes playing PoE fun for you?

beating all content with different builds, doing challenges
Second-class poe gamer
I love complex theory crafting, trying out new builds I thought would never work. Finding out wich of my ideas are complete garbage.

This is also the first league I went above Tier 5 Maps. So I fell in love with trying to beat all the bosses and find out how they work and perfecting my build. (White Elder so far down yayy)

I love it while working thinking about a mechanic or an Item and then trying to figure out how I could make it work.
I like starting in new leagues because I start from scratch. Building up my character from nothing is satisfying to me. My main goal is to do all the challenges, cause the challenges usually take you through the whole game and you have to have strong and efficient characters to do them all quickly. Usually get them all done in 2-3 weeks time, but Incursion and Delve brought some very random ones to the mix so it took me around 4 weeks to do them. If they get too annoying I just stop at 36, I dont play unless I actually enjoy playing.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Stealth XP penalty complaint thread. My favorite part is if you dont want to die play something that does not die e.g. RF Jugg or something.

you want cake and eat it too. A high speed cannon that doesnt die. Not gonna happen.

A more accurate description of my favorite part of POE is balancing act in building to get were you want.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Stealth XP penalty complaint thread.

Oh, yeah xD
But it turned into a hella positive thread. Very interesting to read what different people enjoy :)
- Testing new builds.
- PoB more than PoE
- Killing monsters.
- Picking up the phat loot.
- Defeat endgame (what is endgame?!?!?)
- Identifying useless rares until you hit a goldmine (rip finger)
- Chatting with global 1.
- Flipping gear.
- Not replying to sales.
- Ignore list.
- Add friends.
- Stash Tetris.
Starting a character with no clue what exact build it will be in the end, and trying to get around with the stuff the game throws at me.
Looking at the skilldrassil and thinking if I will next go left or right, up or down etc...
Progress is what keeps me playing or makes me quit.

If I still have something to unlock, level, do, I keep making alts in order to reach that goal. Once I've done it, I have very little motivation to keep playing or to reroll. Currently at that point where I have most of the gear for my next build which would be even stronger than the one I'm playing now. But I have no motivation to play because I can already do everything, why do I need to be stronger. I could Delve deeper but gathering the sulfite is way too time consuming vs the time you actually delve so every night I start PoE, do my dailies then log off.

The RNG of the challenges really doesn't help. I've played more this league than most leagues where I hit 36... and I'm barely at 24. And I could play twice as much and still not hit 36 with how rare most of the bosses/biomes are.
"
Phrazz wrote:

But we are all different, and thank God for that.

yeah it would suck to have world piece and all
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Starting a character with no clue what exact build it will be in the end, and trying to get around with the stuff the game throws at me.
Looking at the skilldrassil and thinking if I will next go left or right, up or down etc...

you'll never get to the endgame like that. trust me, I did this until harbinger, where I used a forum build and properly could play the game for the first time. all "freedoms" of char building in this games are actually nothing but restrictions. which is why it is completely pointless and even detrimental for ggg to add even more fucking build options! they do nothing!

prob already said this, but the ONLY reason I still play, and am having fun right now, is because I use a build sb else came up with. whether it's enough for the shaper in the end idk yet, as soon as I see I can't progress any further it's uninstall time
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 23, 2018, 3:01:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info