Danut's Self-Found Gems Challenge [streamlined for Betrayal!]

just... lol.
"
just... lol.

Don't knock it til you try it, it's addicting!

My witch is going pretty well. Got a freeze pulse at 5, then an arcane surge then a frost bomb!

Not sure what ascendancy I'm shooting for, probably elementalist, but who knows what will drop!
"
jolsen26 wrote:
"
just... lol.

Don't knock it til you try it, it's addicting!

My witch is going pretty well. Got a freeze pulse at 5, then an arcane surge then a frost bomb!

Not sure what ascendancy I'm shooting for, probably elementalist, but who knows what will drop!

This games drops are way too shitty to play like this. I'd rather jab my eyes out with forks.
Freeze Pulse witch died at 27.

Gonna try Templar.
doesnt really work as a challenge with lab gems rain. You'll get waht you want soon enough.
Git R Dun!
"

This games drops are way too shitty to play like this. I'd rather jab my eyes out with forks.

Personally, I think it's about the way you approach the game. If your goal is hitting endgame asap, then playing this challenge wouldn't be fun at all. But approach the game on another mindset, were you're an exile trying to survive in hostile lands and each survived act is a victory, and you'll see there's plenty enough drops.

But hey, to each his own. If you don't like the idea, that's fine, play the game as you like it.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
doesnt really work as a challenge with lab gems rain. You'll get waht you want soon enough.

That's why the rules state that you can't farm lab. Yes, a run through lab usually helps quite a bit. But since you're restricted to a single run on each difficulty, you won't be able to get everything you'd like to get.

You do are allowed to farm uber lab, but you have to get there first. At that point I feel like it's fair to allow for gem farming.

"
jolsen26 wrote:

Gonna try Templar.

Oh :/

My Duelist is still doing fine. I managed to get a few gems, including Spectral Throw and Heavy Strike. So I'm using ST for clear and HS for single target. Level 21 at the moment.
Chris Wilson took my soul
Very interesting. Maby something similar i already had in mind so it would be kinda related. Not this league.

But i admire the effort and i hope You all will survive :)
"

Just use them to read this thread if you're interested and then keep playing the game as you like it, that's fine :)

----
So, my Spark-Ranger really started coming into itself after getting double pierce on the tree and then Deadeye Ascendancy - 30% faster projectiles.

But then I died on lvl 35 in a delve. Got trapped by a few monsters behind a stone/small wall so my life didn't stop dropping even though i was near flare light. Note: Spam additional flares next time while stuck.

Had Spark, added lightning dmg, arcane surge + Orb of storms + Decoy Totem +
Herald of Purity.
Secondary bow with blink arrow for a bit of movement.
Was quite nice for clearing but the damage was very low against Izaro.
(Unlike the OPs post, i was still using magic+rare items -
Character Kareynia if anyone is interested. Will mark the next one with NOGEMS_<name>, like my witch.)

Edit: my jewellery and belt could have been quite a bit better, but i had my int and str gems leveled too high to switch ...
Maybe SFGEMS_ would be better instead of NOGEMS_ :)

"
jolsen26 wrote:

Gonna try Templar.

Good luck with your templar!

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Would never have tried to make spark work with a ranger without this challenge, so it worked great for me :)
Last edited by Antaiseito on Oct 22, 2018, 4:32:57 AM
"
Antaiseito wrote:

So, my Spark-Ranger really started coming into itself after getting double pierce on the tree and then Deadeye Ascendancy - 30% faster projectiles.

But then I died on lvl 35 in a delve. Got trapped by a few monsters behind a stone/small wall so my life didn't stop dropping even though i was near flare light. Note: Spam additional flares next time while stuck.

Had Spark, added lightning dmg, arcane surge + Orb of storms + Decoy Totem +
Herald of Purity.
Secondary bow with blink arrow for a bit of movement.
Was quite nice for clearing but the damage was very low against Izaro.
(Unlike the OPs post, i was still using magic+rare items -
Character Kareynia if anyone is interested. Will mark the next one with NOGEMS_<name>, like my witch.)

Edit: my jewellery and belt could have been quite a bit better, but i had my int and str gems leveled too high to switch ...
Maybe SFGEMS_ would be better instead of NOGEMS_ :)

A shame that you died. Delve's can be really tricky, I'm still afraid of exploring anything out of my crawler's path on HC. But seems like it was a fun journey up to that point. I hope the next run is fun as well.

---------------------

My Duelist turned into a Gladiator (cause I wanted to be a Glad mainly, Slayer or Champion would probably be better). I managed to get Vaal Ground Slam and Vaal Earthquake, had to choose one to pair with Onslaught, Maim and Ruthless supports. So far, Earthquake has been better, I'm really enjoying the "hit once and run" style, the aftershock then kills basically everything. And for bosses I'm using Vaal Earthquake, Vaal Groundslam (no useful supports, but damage is still good on it's own) and Vaal Spectral Throw (also no supports).

I also got a few other useful gems: Ancestral Protector, Herald of Purity, Hatred, Holy Relic, Vulnerability. In fact, I'm needing more skills slots (GGG please).

I'm approaching the killer of all my builds, Innocence. I hope this time I can get through. It's probably my best char at this point, so my hopes are high.
Chris Wilson took my soul
"
DanutMS wrote:

A shame that you died. Delve's can be really tricky, I'm still afraid of exploring anything out of my crawler's path on HC. But seems like it was a fun journey up to that point. I hope the next run is fun as well.

---------------------

My Duelist turned into a Gladiator

Ah well, always playing a bit risky and pushing it. Staying out of the darkness would have been smarter, but yeah it was fun :)
At least i don't fight every ghosted rare/Kole anymore ....

Good luck with your Duelist! Earthquake would also be a first for me if i found one here, sounds fun :)
Show that Innocence!!

Started a new Scion yesterday (never really played Scion before) and went until the Ship Graveyard without finding any gems.
Took quite a while because i had no idea in which direction to skill offensively ^^
So i thought i'd try delving a bit and what do you know, the first item node (only lvl 5 monsters because basic attack) had a frost blades in there :D

So, lvl 20 right now with Frost Blades + blind + point blank, Vaal Blade Vortex, Vaal Burning Arrow and lightning arrow.
Skilled for attack speed, crit and projectiles currently, so no scaling on VBV but that skill is very neat addition for rares and delve encounters.
Using a bow to shoot dangerous rares right now.
Next step is to decide if i want to go crit+frost nodes in the ranger area and lock in frost blades as the main skill or more life nodes and attack speed north-west of duelist first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info