[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

"
oregoncrete wrote:

I use Arctic Breath-Bonechill-GMP-Hypo for bonechill application. I also feel like i wouldnt proc EE enough without Doedres Mal. Im proccing BL almost every Cold Snap atm. I'd love to proc it every time.

Fair point. It's a shame the bigger multiplier from Inc AoE doesn't also scale the extra mana cost from Doedre's.
Last edited by cha_siu_bao on Dec 10, 2018, 3:24:51 AM
Pantheon Choice?
Do we kill all bandits for this build?
What about pantheon.
"
oregoncrete wrote:
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:
So I'm currently running Life-MOM and have a solid 6L going on. I just 5L'd a Shavs. Should I bother switching yet? I feel like I'll lose a lot of clear and QOL removing that 6th link (Inc AOE). It helps me proc Scold's easier, and covers more ground with DoT. Keep going for 6L on the Shavs and hold off on switching?

I vote yes, wait until 6L before the respec.

How is the damage vs the current content? More importantly, how is the damage vs the content you're looking forward to fighting in the next few days?

I think the deciding factor here should be damage. My only reason for switching to low-life was to take advantage of Pain Attunement.

Damage seems great through yellow maps so far. I still feel squishy, but that might just be due to overtuned league mechanics. I'm at 4.3k hp, 1.8k es, and 1.4k mana with MOM. Capped all res.

Current gear:
Spoiler

If you can manage your resists without that craft in your chest, you should really give this craft a try:

It gives an insane amount of ES for hybrid builds.
Hi guys

Vortex is fuk awesome xD

Level 83 atm

To clean I just go walking releasing vortex and everything explodes xD

My links : Vortex, hypothermia, controlled des, efficay and bonechill
"
If you can manage your resists without that craft in your chest, you should really give this craft a try:

It gives an insane amount of ES for hybrid builds.

I was able to swap out for this and it gave me about 600more ES! Sitting at 4.4k HP, 2.4K ES, and 1.4K Unreserved Mana right now. Running one blasphemy-enfeeble aura and Clarity.

Last edited by oregoncrete on Dec 10, 2018, 5:18:56 PM
"
JaxRC wrote:
Hi guys

Vortex is fuk awesome xD

Level 83 atm

Agree. When i started using Vortex i was very surprised how comfortable and enjoyable became my lvling. It has very high base damage and even with 4l with trash gear melts everytging. Its best leveling i ever had. I swapped my normal wand with just 13% spell dmg only at 55 lvl xD

Im playing similar build, but ill use bow and Soul Strike quiver.
"
JaxRC wrote:
Hi guys

Vortex is fuk awesome xD

Level 83 atm

Agree. When i started using Vortex i was very surprised how comfortable and enjoyable became my lvling. It has very high base damage and even with 4l with trash gear melts everytging. Its best leveling i ever had. I swapped my normal wand with just 13% spell dmg only at 55 lvl xD

"
Seulo wrote:
Do we kill all bandits for this build?
What about pantheon.

Yes, kill all bandits.

Pantheon is whatever you're most comfortable with. I had issues with poison and chaos damage, so I chose pantheon mods that helped me deal with that. (Arakaali and Shakari)
"
"
JaxRC wrote:
Hi guys

Vortex is fuk awesome xD

Level 83 atm

Vortex is stupidly OP right now. I have a feeling that the 3.5 changes are going to see "Scold Snap" reborn as "Scovortex" or whatever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info