[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
Fivehunny wrote:
Heres some really cool stuff u can do:

Vortex+bonechill+hypothermia in one? Dunno if its the most optimal...

Orb of storm+inc crit+aoe in the other for EO.

Also found this thing, will go LL when i get better ES gear.

I really hope you don't have Elemental Equilibrium right now, because one of those sceptres is giving you flat cold to spells....

If we put Arctic Breath in there instead of Vortex, I wonder where the projectile would be aimed? If it's at the same target as the Cold Snap, that sounds awesome.

I'm not sure if your choice is the most optimal, but it certainly doesn't seem bad.

I vote Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms, but that's me. The difference will probably be marginal.

Nah im using Ziggyz ring with a lightning golem, kinda annoying having to resummon it all the time tho.
"
zeroad12x wrote:
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
Fivehunny wrote:
Heres some really cool stuff u can do:

Vortex+bonechill+hypothermia in one? Dunno if its the most optimal...

Orb of storm+inc crit+aoe in the other for EO.

Also found this thing, will go LL when i get better ES gear.

I really hope you don't have Elemental Equilibrium right now, because one of those sceptres is giving you flat cold to spells....

If we put Arctic Breath in there instead of Vortex, I wonder where the projectile would be aimed? If it's at the same target as the Cold Snap, that sounds awesome.

I'm not sure if your choice is the most optimal, but it certainly doesn't seem bad.

I vote Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms, but that's me. The difference will probably be marginal.

Tried Arctic Breath. It shoots out to random directions. Brand is much better QOL. Link it with Increase Crit Strikes + Spell Echo and you have an automated EO

Tested this out, with ball lightning, it shoots where you aimed your cold snap. With Vortex it shoots all around. But been running Inc Crit + GMP + ball lightning and its awesome!
A question about stacking -resistance.

EE will provide a -50% resistance.. and Frostbite another -44%, and -25% from Frostbomb

From what I heard EE doenst get mitigated for bosses, since it isn't applied as a curse.
So, against bosses, we might have about -78% cold resistance.

How overcapped can bosses resistance be? andd how far negative can it go?
If bosses resistances are still positive, don't you guys think -37% resistance (Cold pen.) might be better than, for eg. 44% inc. damage from Controlled Destruction?

If we can't squeeze Cold pen... is it worth it going tri-curse for EW? or do we already have enough -cold resistance?

"
kennoba wrote:
A question about stacking -resistance.

EE will provide a -50% resistance.. and Frostbite another -44%, and -25% from Frostbomb

From what I heard EE doenst get mitigated for bosses, since it isn't applied as a curse.
So, against bosses, we might have about -78% cold resistance.

How overcapped can bosses resistance be? andd how far negative can it go?
If bosses resistances are still positive, don't you guys think -37% resistance (Cold pen.) might be better than, for eg. 44% inc. damage from Controlled Destruction?

If we can't squeeze Cold pen... is it worth it going tri-curse for EW? or do we already have enough -cold resistance?

Penetration doesn't apply to damage over time (it requires a hit to be factored in to the calculation).

Usually, if a boss is overcapped, it's because of a combination of map mods and auras. In most cases this will not happen for significant boss fights, as they're isolated in their own chambers.
So I'm currently running Life-MOM and have a solid 6L going on. I just 5L'd a Shavs. Should I bother switching yet? I feel like I'll lose a lot of clear and QOL removing that 6th link (Inc AOE). It helps me proc Scold's easier, and covers more ground with DoT. Keep going for 6L on the Shavs and hold off on switching?
Double post.
Last edited by oregoncrete on Dec 9, 2018, 9:26:05 PM
"
oregoncrete wrote:
So I'm currently running Life-MOM and have a solid 6L going on. I just 5L'd a Shavs. Should I bother switching yet? I feel like I'll lose a lot of clear and QOL removing that 6th link (Inc AOE). It helps me proc Scold's easier, and covers more ground with DoT. Keep going for 6L on the Shavs and hold off on switching?

I vote yes, wait until 6L before the respec.

How is the damage vs the current content? More importantly, how is the damage vs the content you're looking forward to fighting in the next few days?

I think the deciding factor here should be damage. My only reason for switching to low-life was to take advantage of Pain Attunement.
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:

How is the damage vs the current content? More importantly, how is the damage vs the content you're looking forward to fighting in the next few days?

I think the deciding factor here should be damage. My only reason for switching to low-life was to take advantage of Pain Attunement.

Damage seems great through yellow maps so far. I still feel squishy, but that might just be due to overtuned league mechanics. I'm at 4.3k hp, 1.8k es, and 1.4k mana with MOM. Capped all res.

Current gear:
Spoiler
"
oregoncrete wrote:
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:

Damage seems great through yellow maps so far. I still feel squishy, but that might just be due to overtuned league mechanics. I'm at 4.3k hp, 1.8k es, and 1.4k mana with MOM. Capped all res.

Current gear:
Spoiler

If your damage is really strong, perhaps consider giving up some of your damage nodes for more life.

Gems:
Swap Inc AoE out for Bonechill if the damage starts to fall off. It will probably be equivalent to a 35% multiplier gem (like Controlled Destruction), varying depending on how much chill effect you have on the tree.

Gear:
Doedre's Malevolence was kind of unnecessary (but at least you don't need to change your gloves when you respec to low-life).

A strong life roll on that belt should bump you up to nearly 4.5k HP.
Spoiler
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:

Current gear:
Spoiler
[/quote]

If your damage is really strong, perhaps consider giving up some of your damage nodes for more life.

"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
Gems:
Swap Inc AoE out for Bonechill if the damage starts to fall off. It will probably be equivalent to a 35% multiplier gem (like Controlled Destruction), varying depending on how much chill effect you have on the tree.

Gear:
Doedre's Malevolence was kind of unnecessary (but at least you don't need to change your gloves when you respec to low-life).

A strong life roll on that belt should bump you up to nearly 4.5k HP.

I use Arctic Breath-Bonechill-GMP-Hypo for bonechill application. I also feel like i wouldnt proc EE enough without Doedres Mal. Im proccing BL almost every Cold Snap atm. I'd love to proc it every time.
Last edited by oregoncrete on Dec 10, 2018, 1:41:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info