The MTX Problem

"
Yegetaone wrote:

you are aware that 500€ is kind of overprized for a "simple" game like POE??

So, why are you spending that much? Apparently you don't like it. I think you do not have a healthy connection to the lootbox system. Gambling addiction is dangerous. Stay away from it.

"
Tho likewise 500€ would've been a lifetime abo on world of warcraft

I can tell you, this is not true. This is more like 3-4 years of playing time. Excluding cost for main game and addons, just the subscription. On top of that, they also have an MTX shop where you can easily spend 500€.

"
which actually isn't a simple 3rd perspective game

Last time i played, it was third person. Might seem like nit-picking, but I really have no idea what you are talking about.

"
and with a lot of more content

They have undoubtetly a factor 10 larger player base, a much much larger revenue stream and a quite large development team. Of course they can make a bigger game.
"
SisterBlister wrote:

So, did you really need that much money just to look good, hmm? :)

No i didn't need it, i chose to because i could and wanted to. I don't really understand what are you asking here

"
SisterBlister wrote:

Judging by all the badges you have, you feel similarly to how I feel: Give GGG money because they gave you fun.

No, i don't feel that way. I give ggg money because they give me mtx for it lol If it was for reasons you mention it would be maybe 100$ total, since average AAA game is like 60$ and i value poe a bit more than that

One thing i'd be okay with is if you could get some shitty fern or some other worthless trash for hideout, because those are still usable in large amounts while not really having any value. I'd have like a forest of that in my hideout to remember all the duplicates i've gotten. So yes, i do think boxes are worth the cost and only become not profitable if you have gambling problems and can't stop when you should. One should never expect to get most of the cool stuff from a box without losing money on it. I don't see how ggg's system is worse than something like a monthly subscription, paid expansions or returns like 10c on a dollar
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:

So, did you really need that much money just to look good, hmm? :)

No i didn't need it, i chose to because i could and wanted to. I don't really understand what are you asking here

Ah, I just can't imagine spending that amount of money on pixel cosmetics. I have spent waaay too much on PoE, but always because I liked what they did with a patch, not because I wanted cosmetics. That's why I asked.

To each his own, I guess. Can't imagine you feel you got your money's worth, though, because most cosmetics (aside from pets) don't seem very nice to me.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Spoiler
Getting back on topic: not going to happen. I'm happy to elaborate but it'd involve the usual self-aggrandisation yeah I talk to the devs yeah we've talked about this no I don't like their answer yeah it makes sense from an investor's perspective.

Well, that is entirely their loss. Forked a fair amount of $ up until now, because GGG "needed" it, I suddenly feel no urge to keep doing so - thanks to their acquisition by Tencent and of course to all of their asinine decisions regarding "balance" - so adjusting the prices to make me more inclined to keep throwing $ their way is as good as allowing copies/any MTX to be converted into coins at a value between 10-20%. If neither happens, I will probably fork $ ONLY for REAL ADVANTAGES like a Collector's Tab...

Simply my 0.02 $.

And I know I am not the only one with this view...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Oct 21, 2018, 1:42:27 AM
The answer to this question is

Money.
well if anyone throws away as much money as I did, they eventually turn away from the game because the spend a lot of money on something they wanted to get but didn't get, real money was involved not some stupid currencies and by that time GGG will lose on potential future customers, if more and more people will complain about the MTX lootbox BS, only the uninformed will buy these and evetually give up at the tenth lootbox if they didn't get what they wanted (a healthy brain would suggest that) I in my case just had enough money to spend but i doubt everyone is willing to spend that much in such a short time.

If the Devs make really nice content they will alawys get the cash flowing, since good work = income, not that much of interessting MTX for me besides the oriath ones.

and just a short reminder, GGG is more or less RIOT games, since the owner is the same.

I was talking about vanilla WOW where you could buy a lifetime abo for 500$ there is no point in playing WOW anyhow.

all in all, GGG grew by a lot with devs and staff members, I understand the demend on income but still, give the paying customers a breather to relief the unwated trash mtx for coins at a 1/3 rate of original price, which would be only fair.

You can't comprehend how upset and stupid I felt, to find myself spending that much in 3 Days, just because I wanted something, The human desire is a hell of beast but everyone learns by their mistakes.
Last edited by Yegetaone on Nov 6, 2018, 10:33:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info