The MTX Problem

Well why isn't there an Option to actually throw in some of the undesired Skins/effects to get a new one?

Like in League of Legends?!

You throw in 3 of the same kind for example: 3 Helmet slot Skins and get a new Helmet slot skin or you could simply exchange the unwanted skins into 1/3 of it's original value in coins?

I bought like 100 of these Oriath Boxes only to get some of the Items I desired, Now i have like 4 to 5 skins of the same Armor Skin I already combined 1 set but I won't buy any more Boxes!! Just for the Faithguard Chest piece I won't get, I have like 4 Bloodguard Chest pieces!!

Seriously WHy isn't there the option to combine 3 of skin MTX to get a new random one???

You'll still make money GGG!!! Since I the Idiot Buyer spend almost 800 Dollars on freakn skins/lootboxes Not a single Game in my Life EVER! done this to me.

Bonus: The Faithguard Hat is like the best looking fancy Hat I've seen so far, thank you for that.

Last bumped on Nov 6, 2018, 10:29:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Yegetaone wrote:
Seriously WHy isn't there the option to combine 3 of skin MTX to get a new random one???

Because the mystery boxes prices have been set keeping in mind that you can't get any refund from any item.

I'm pretty sure that if you could, those mystery box prices would be higher, and it would not be a good commercial move from GGG.

They would still make money from players of course, but I'm not so sure about being more profitable overal.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Some kind of limited time only event that allowed exchanging unwanted mtxs in some fashion would be cool.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Yegetaone wrote:

Because the mystery boxes prices have been set keeping in mind that you can't get any refund from any item.

I'm pretty sure that if you could, those mystery box prices would be higher, and it would not be a good commercial move from GGG.

They would still make money from players of course, but I'm not so sure about being more profitable overal.

Fruz gets it.

As usual. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Yegetaone wrote:

got it in one
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Yegetaone wrote:

That is correct.

I did hear one nice suggestion, though: Make the boxes cost 35 instead of 30 and allow a refund of 5.
Result: If you get what you want, GGG makes 5 extra.
If you get a duplicate, you return it for 5 and paid 30 for nothing (which is what most people consider a duplicate's value to be).
It might still feel better, because now a duplicate is not worthless :)
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Yegetaone wrote:

That is correct.

I did hear one nice suggestion, though: Make the boxes cost 35 instead of 30 and allow a refund of 5.
Result: If you get what you want, GGG makes 5 extra.
If you get a duplicate, you return it for 5 and paid 30 for nothing (which is what most people consider a duplicate's value to be).
It might still feel better, because now a duplicate is not worthless :)

So out of 130 Boxes, I got like 60 items not worth 30 coins at all, the only worthy content are the Armor/weapon + cosmetic effects, which are overpriced anyway if not on sale. DO you people think that 110 coins for a damn cloak is worth the Real money? you either got to be a fanboy of GGG or you make enough money to pump into this game just because you can and you really don't have anything else to play. No "casual" player would ever consider to buy cosmetics worth 40€ just because you look "cool" well maybe there are some small portion of these casuals, I'm a casual myself! I never found a more greedy way to make money then @GGG Riot Games is not better but still more fair if it comes down to "skins" There is like only 1 notable Skin pack worth 30$ and it's fkn epic but here... at POE well you get a useless Pet which does nothing you get some Useless Decoration which you will see for Seconds before rushing into another Map and the "Armor sets" Are only Worth it when on sale give the value/=usability. It's like selling water flavoured with "apple" for only 3$ instead of "normal" water costing about 1$. Hands down GGG is making a whole lot of money with the Ingame Transactions and what more to considred with is the Addiction for gamblers. Lootboxes is a big thema, Mystery Boxes are Lootboxes, you cash in and get like 30% of the desired stuff you actually wanted, GGG made the "poll" of items you can get outragously big so you would always get an item not worth 30coins, 40% of the time.
You are aware that the core game is free and as long as you only buy 3-4 MTX you get extremely big bang for the buck (comparing to a normal full-price game). This is how the price is balanced.

No-one is forcing you to spend 800 on a slot machine. you know, you could just buy the MTX you want directly or wait for a sale.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
you get extremely big bang for the buck

how do you get that impression of having made a good deal?

because the mtx is expensive otherwise? or because it's impressive?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 19, 2018, 1:46:56 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
you get extremely big bang for the buck

how do you get that impression of having made a good deal?

because the mtx is expensive otherwise? or because it's impressive?

Because the game itself is 700h of fun and the mtx just pay for that.

Oh and you totally misunderstood me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info