The MTX Problem

"
Yegetaone wrote:

Like in League of Legends?!

no no no
no, No no no
hell no.
never.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
you get extremely big bang for the buck

how do you get that impression of having made a good deal?

because the mtx is expensive otherwise? or because it's impressive?

Because the game itself is 700h of fun and the mtx just pay for that.

Oh and you totally misunderstood me.

no. but i quite didn't expect this answer cause i've rarely seen it since the game attracted all those non competitive folks.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
MTX from boxes go on sale eventually - wait for that and don't gamble. You can't always win gambling
"
vio wrote:
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
you get extremely big bang for the buck

how do you get that impression of having made a good deal?

because the mtx is expensive otherwise? or because it's impressive?

It depends on what you spend the money on. If you spend the money to look good in the game, then you get a lousy deal. But if you spend money to pay for the hours of fun you had playing the game and just get the cool looks as a bonus, then you get as good a deal as you decide.

See supporter packs not as paying for extra content, but paying for all the game time.

When I bought my first supporter pack, they didn't even have anything in the shop to spend the points on. I only had the promise "you'll get some cool bonus some time in the future if you pay for this game now" and that was fair.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Yegetaone wrote:
I bought like 100 of these Oriath Boxes

Working as intended.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
"
SisterBlister wrote:
If you spend the money to look good in the game, then you get a lousy deal. But if you spend money to pay for the hours of fun you had playing the game and just get the cool looks as a bonus, then you get as good a deal as you decide.

lol wat, seems like it would be a minority who pays not to look good, but to "pay for the hours of fun and bla bla bla". Otherwise why not just set up patreon or something to just donate for nothing?
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
If you spend the money to look good in the game, then you get a lousy deal. But if you spend money to pay for the hours of fun you had playing the game and just get the cool looks as a bonus, then you get as good a deal as you decide.

lol wat, seems like it would be a minority who pays not to look good, but to "pay for the hours of fun and bla bla bla". Otherwise why not just set up patreon or something to just donate for nothing?

So, did you really need that much money just to look good, hmm? :)
Judging by all the badges you have, you feel similarly to how I feel: Give GGG money because they gave you fun.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Until you realize how they prioritize shiny effects before optimization and stop giving them money.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
You are aware that the core game is free and as long as you only buy 3-4 MTX you get extremely big bang for the buck (comparing to a normal full-price game). This is how the price is balanced.

No-one is forcing you to spend 800 on a slot machine. you know, you could just buy the MTX you want directly or wait for a sale.

you are aware that 500€ is kind of overprized for a "simple" game like POE?? Tho likewise 500€ would've been a lifetime abo on world of warcraft, which actually isn't a simple 3rd perspective game and with a lot of more content, sure it's not the best comparison but I hope you understand my Point.

"
Makillda wrote:
"
Yegetaone wrote:
I bought like 100 of these Oriath Boxes

Working as intended.

It does, really and I hate myself for that.

"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
Yegetaone wrote:

Like in League of Legends?!

no no no
no, No no no
hell no.
never.

What is your Problem? You combine 3 skins or champions to get a permanent one. There is like zero risk.

"
Yegetaone wrote:

What is your Problem? You combine 3 skins or champions to get a permanent one. There is like zero risk.

i dont want this game to go down just like league did.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info