[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Hello friends,
I would like to make this build but I have two questions;

How is the single/boss killing with this char?
What would be the best way to level this char?

Thank you so much <3 :D
I laugh at pooping dogs, just to see them get confused.
"
PoorLime wrote:
Hello friends,

Without a dedicated singletarget setup, it ranges from "incapable", at bad gear, to "bad-mediocre" at very good gear and beyond. With a dedicated setup, and depending on how far out of your way you want to go, it ranges from "mediocre", at bad gear, to "actually good" at very good gear.

I have seen a large amount of people pick up Storm Brand for leveling, so that might be something to look into.
Last edited by b0moodc on Jan 6, 2019, 12:06:11 PM
Build is awesome. Just wanted to say thanks a ton for the guide. Clearing Elder Sewers in like 45 seconds and haven't had this much fun with a build since my TS MF Deadeye in Incursion. Did make the tech choice to toss in a Goldwyrm and an MF amulet as I'm a bit of a quant whore. Glad that the build has such a high gear ceiling as well as it's great motivation to keep farming.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
PoorLime wrote:
Hello friends,

Without a dedicated singletarget setup, it ranges from "incapable", at bad gear, to "bad-mediocre" at very good gear and beyond. With a dedicated setup, and depending on how far out of your way you want to go, it ranges from "mediocre", at bad gear, to "actually good" at very good gear.

I have seen a large amount of people pick up Storm Brand for leveling, so that might be something to look into.

I levelled it as an arc trapper, still have the saboteur node and 1 of the "trapd and mine" damage nodes as well.

Running some poor mans version of it right now, it does fine with most trash, but some yellow mobs are a real pain.

Still a long way to go before i have the currency for a Cospri's though, but i find that my current gimped setup does ok.

When needed i switch back to arc trap gear (like some bosses) and that helps.

Really fun build though. but it's kind if painfull at moments if you lack gear/currency.

But thanks for the nice guide :)
Hey playing your build on HC.
currently chaining shaped sewers and getting chunked hard by rares.
any idea how i could increase eHP more?
(skipping boss, essence, and most hardhitter)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HardcoreNP/characters
"
Mahler16 wrote:
Build is awesome. Just wanted to say thanks a ton for the guide. Clearing Elder Sewers in like 45 seconds and haven't had this much fun with a build since my TS MF Deadeye in Incursion. Did make the tech choice to toss in a Goldwyrm and an MF amulet as I'm a bit of a quant whore. Glad that the build has such a high gear ceiling as well as it's great motivation to keep farming.
I'm glad you're having a good time.

"
Saranbaatar wrote:
I levelled it as an arc trapper, still have the saboteur node and 1 of the "trapd and mine" damage nodes as well.

Running some poor mans version of it right now, it does fine with most trash, but some yellow mobs are a real pain.

Still a long way to go before i have the currency for a Cospri's though, but i find that my current gimped setup does ok.

When needed i switch back to arc trap gear (like some bosses) and that helps.

Really fun build though. but it's kind if painfull at moments if you lack gear/currency.

But thanks for the nice guide :)
The good thing is it can only get better, I look forward to a follow-up post once you get some upgrades :)

"
HardcoreNP wrote:
Hey playing your build on HC.
currently chaining shaped sewers and getting chunked hard by rares.
any idea how i could increase eHP more?
(skipping boss, essence, and most hardhitter)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HardcoreNP/characters
Hey, you are a brave man. I'm sure you know, but Shield Charge has a large enough area of effect that you can stay out of mobs' melee range most of the time. Doing this, you shouldn't be able to die in Shaped Toxic Sewer unless you tank a pack of bearers by mistake or get oneshot by the boss (... I had it happen to me once at level 98). If that doesn't work out, I guess skipping some stragglers is the only sensible choice. Best of luck!
First of all, thanks b0moodc for the guide, and all the help you provide here and ingame. Cheers!

Yesterday I got my headhunter, and can say that I more or less finished the build. Stuff left to do: Better rolls on yellows, 21/20 gems, +1 corrupt body armor, probably replace amulet for a unique, shaper helmet. However these are really high investment - not so high return endgame upgrades.

Anyway, here are my thoughts and experience with the build. TLDR at the end.

First of all, disclaimer: I started this league as arc miner, and transitioned at level 96, at roughly the second week of the league, when I had around 15-20ex. I respecced when I had 6L calamity, cospris, unnatural instinct, crit watcher's eye, bisco's leash, and tempest binding with 40% HoI enchant. In offhand I also leveled the important gems to 20/20.

Betrayal league: With my gear, I destroy T7 toxic, haven't tried T12. Currently doing elder T16 toxic sewers, and unless I have crazy headhunter stacks, stronger opponents can cause problems when 2 or more of them stack with dangerous map mods (beasts, beyond, harbinger, map boss), syndicate being almost impossible to do without dieing. Otherwise, the build is really really fast.

I have roughly 80-90 ex worth gear on my character, and could still easily spend another 100ex.

TLDR: Level as something else, respec when you have 100ex, EZ, enjoy blowing up half the map with 1 shield charge.

Last edited by Klintisztvud on Jan 7, 2019, 1:14:59 PM
I have a little more then needed to grab a set of either 21/20 20/23 for HoT or HoI. Curious which of the two is more important to scale up first? Assuming thunder but wanted to know if it made much difference :)

Also decided to mess around with Raviqt's idea of using frostbolt/vortex/ice nova synergy with Blade Flurry, its been quite amazing so far, haven't tested in high reds but 11-12-13s give me far less issue. So thanks for that Raviqt :)
Last edited by ChrisBiscuits on Jan 8, 2019, 10:00:58 AM
Saved
Would this be viable with a 5L chest? If not, would Windripper be a good alternative?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info