[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
bonemash wrote:
The build is useless because you have low hp, low ES, LOW RES, no evasion and no armor. Your defense mechanism is spamming shield charge and running away. In arenas full of objects clipping you, its a death sentence. If you don't crit with shield charge in your first cast, you get mobbed by NORMAL enemies and die. HoT is useless for clear speed, it does virtually nothing. This build has no single target ability other than trying to shield charge when staying absolutely still, which will take another 2 seconds of careful positioning with the mouse to do negligible damage.

This build can't handle breaches, it can't handle abysses, it can't do rival exiles or beyond mobs safely. It can't kill bosses. Most importantly, it can't handle those nasty 8 mod elder maps, the real money maps. I can equip a 6L carcass jack with BF-CWC-GC as my engine and retain all my clear speed whilst having some actual single target ability. I don't have to rely on my HH getting 20 stacks either.

This build is made to speedclear some specific maps. He never said that it's made to clear every map and every boss. To me it sounds like you have no clue what ur actually playing. The best example for this is that u got a nice watcher's eye and you haven't even divined the base crit increase which is the most important part.

I've played this build w/o hatred, watcher's eye and assassin's mark ring and also less life then most people get since i used some mf items and cleared t15 belfry's with 2p life. Don't blame the build if you are just bad.
touched a nerve

anyone who doesn't like pissing away 200 ex, don't use this build
"
bonemash wrote:
touched a nerve

anyone who doesn't like pissing away 200 ex, don't use this build
I don't mean to come off as rude, but to me it sounds like you haven't taken enough time to refine your gameplay. It is a very unique build in terms of how you're supposed to react to mobs and threats. The build can handle any combination of map mods, even 8 of them, including the boss. However note, handling a boss doesn't mean it excels at it.

Feel free to ask for help and we'll be glad to help you improve your character.
Last edited by b0moodc on Nov 17, 2018, 11:54:07 AM
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
How do you level with this build?
Depending on much currency you can (or can't) dedicate to your leveling setup, there are a few choices:
  • Abberath's Hooves
  • Poet's Pen
  • Generic selfcast spell build

You may begin autobombing the moment you complete the Merciless Lab, aka, as soon as you can allocate both Ambush and Assassinate, and Deadly Infusion.

Gonna try ur build seem so nice just started to lvl my shadow but do you have like a lvling tree path to 1-80 ? would be nice to have.

And what skill to use with poet pen ? since i never did a shadow with poet pen XD
To those saying the damage isn't there: you're quite wrong. To those saying you just die to everything because you're too weak: you're quite wrong. To those saying it costs a fortune to even work: you're quite wrong.

I played both my own MF variant ( https://pastebin.com/rNHmUi9g ) and a high end version (as close to OP as I could this league) and it's been fine on both accounts.

I generally modified a bit from baseline to include a single target setup to help with bosses to make them easier (before getting some extra shiny items and the extra 4-5 levels). Both versions I have had max resists just fine and both farm t15+ (I haven't needed to use a HH for it, but it does make it zoom).

This is one of the fastest builds I've played. Got to level 98. Got my 24 challenges and was content as I didn't care for the portal effect.

I've farmed roughly over 20 doctor cards with this build @ 60-66% IIQ clearing each map in just under 2 minutes. I've even gone to delve 300+ with it.

To put it bluntly, it's been a blast and I'll be playing this again next league :)
Last edited by kestalkayden on Nov 17, 2018, 10:28:17 PM
"
michaud808 wrote:
Gonna try ur build seem so nice just started to lvl my shadow but do you have like a lvling tree path to 1-80 ? would be nice to have.

And what skill to use with poet pen ? since i never did a shadow with poet pen XD
The passive skill tree doesn't really allow for many choices during leveling, it doesn't branch out in opposite directions or anything. Try to get most of the nodes as you go through the acts and you'll be fine.

As for which spells to use, I'm clueless. Freezing Pulse, Glacial Cascade, Arc, Volatile Dead (+ Unearth), etc. All work pretty well.

"
kestalkayden wrote:
To those saying the damage isn't there: you're quite wrong. To those saying you just die to everything because you're too weak: you're quite wrong. To those saying it costs a fortune to even work: you're quite wrong.

I played both my own MF variant ( https://pastebin.com/rNHmUi9g ) and a high end version (as close to OP as I could this league) and it's been fine on both accounts.

I generally modified a bit from baseline to include a single target setup to help with bosses to make them easier (before getting some extra shiny items and the extra 4-5 levels). Both versions I have had max resists just fine and both farm t15+ (I haven't needed to use a HH for it, but it does make it zoom).

This is one of the fastest builds I've played. Got to level 98. Got my 24 challenges and was content as I didn't care for the portal effect.

I've farmed roughly over 20 doctor cards with this build @ 60-66% IIQ clearing each map in just under 2 minutes. I've even gone to delve 300+ with it.

To put it bluntly, it's been a blast and I'll be playing this again next league :)
Thank you very much for the support, I'm glad you enjoyed the build and I'm sure you will be able to have fun with it again next league! On a side note, I'm quite impressed by the 20+ doctor cards, that's some dedication.

I am very excited to say that I have finally landed a T1 AoE mod on my helmet... after 274 Exalted Orbs. It took a whole lot of effort to gather all the currency!

Now don't troll me about the lowest tier hybrid ES... it already bothers me enough.
Last edited by b0moodc on Nov 18, 2018, 8:21:32 AM
"
b0moodc wrote:
I am very excited to say that I have finally landed a T1 AoE mod on my helmet... after 274 Exalted Orbs. It took a whole lot of effort to gather all the currency!

Now don't troll me about the lowest tier hybrid ES... it already bothers me enough.

That looks beastly. With Delve coming to core you'll be able to also go in a slightly different direction with some of the delve mods, too (nearby enemies have -% a specific ele resist).
Last edited by kestalkayden on Nov 18, 2018, 4:36:48 PM
Since this is min maxed and it may proof difficult to use this as a starter build, right? The helm itself will be realy hard to find and of course 6linking on the coming calamity, right gems. It seems that you'd need roughly 10 ex or sth to start it right?

Or do you think you can somehow adapt this to a low budget version which can celar t1's?

thx in advance
"
Zurku351 wrote:
Since this is min maxed and it may proof difficult to use this as a starter build, right? The helm itself will be realy hard to find and of course 6linking on the coming calamity, right gems. It seems that you'd need roughly 10 ex or sth to start it right?

Or do you think you can somehow adapt this to a low budget version which can celar t1's?

thx in advance
You just need the highest level gems you can get your hands on. Level 17+ are most likely fine for the lowest tiers of maps. You don't need a linked The Coming Calamity, but keep in mind that your herald critical strike chance won't be great until you add a Watcher's Eye with the Hatred crit mod.
Last edited by b0moodc on Nov 28, 2018, 10:31:52 AM
DO you THink it would perhaps be smarter to start as a blade vortex elementalist and swap to this? the blade vortex tripple herald typical build is more reliant earlier I hear and you could simply move to this build?

But as it stands now I'll prolly go for this, thanks for finally being the one person who compiles all meh guides and make 1 good min maxed guide. Thanks mate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info