[3.5 OUTDATED!] LL, poet's pen indigon template

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
DamonBlack wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have been playing the pathfinder variation and while it is strong something does feel a bit off. Having said that I already have a lot of the gear required. I may try this on Path/Jugg since I have the zerphi's. But mang, you make a really compelling case for the hierophant. Chance I may just level another. Thanks for the advice.

Welp, that's a whole other build, but I think you could reach some really nice defence layers while still having good indigon scaling. I haven't tried it myself, dunno how it would go exactly.
Lemme know how it goes, and good luck theorycrafting ^^

I was considering respec'ing my current Ascendant for this type of build but not sure how to do it. Any chance for a PoB for scion version of this build (Slayer/PF)?
"
reciprocate wrote:

I was considering respec'ing my current Ascendant for this type of build but not sure how to do it. Any chance for a PoB for scion version of this build (Slayer/PF)?

Alright, I just did tthis so it's probably a little rough, but it seems pretty good. You might want to see if you can improve it a bit, but the general concept is here.

https://pastebin.com/GSYNqcxb
Hey again!

Been tinkering again with the build, eagerly hoping for some nice corrupted upgrades to show up but league is pretty much dead and not lot on poe.trade right now! Also waiting for patchnotes, probably gonna end up getting nerfs on indigon or PP (At least I pray to Kuduku for the old versions to stay legacy to have fun on standard now and then)

After tinkering around with the new Auls amulets, I realized I have a Onslaught/Haste mod on my Watcher's Eye that I bought a month ago for 70 ex and I always wanted to try fit in Haste into the build. But that would ofc mess up with mana reservation and other things like having too much attack speed etc on frenzy. Finally, I managed to fit everything (so frenzy attack speed is 4.74 aps fully buffed) and currently having a blast mapping/uber elder and trying this new setup.

The new amulet from Aul can have alot of interesting No Aura reservation mods that currently dont cost too much currency.

Haste Aura would give me onslaught right now via

And this got me thinking how many different options and oportunities this would open up for the build. You could grab one of the Purities or even Purity of Elements and it frees up one of the ring slots for maybe perhaps some unique option. Or if you find/have a tri stat Watcher's Eye with some interesting Grace/Determination/etc mod and you can easily fit it in now.

The int version of the amulet isn't that bad tbh, you still get good amount of int, str/agi for your dex/strenght requirements etc + the up to 20% maximum ES roll. Foible isn't a bad amulet, you can get cheap +1 max res, cheap additional curse and it gives lot of mana but the new amulet could free up and give you more freedom and ideas to tinker around. I personally tried both of the amulets I linked, but I think I prefer the dex one more, leaves me 6200 unreserved mana compared to 4900 unreserved (out of 12.7k and saves a passive point atm for dex)
You could even use the int version of amulet(one of purities/discipline reservation) to put your unreserved mana at 9000+ for a big pool for MoM and more spelldmg stacked up via indigon?
Unreserved mana doesn't increase much your damage, max mana and recovery does. You just need to have enough unreserved so that your leech never tops off and stop. With the items in this thread and a clarity recovery rate watcher's, the amount of unreserved mana you need is between 50 and 60%. Getting 90% unreserved would do nothing, and MoM doesn't work for lowlife builds, we are just taking it for the nodes behind.

Getting a purity of elements aul is interesting, especially since it opens up for a phys as ele watcher's eye. It doesn't really free up a ring slot tho. The only "good" unique ring you can use is lori's lantern for 6% less damage taken. And you can cap your resistances without purity of elements, you just need a better ring and take influence on the tree.

That haste aul is interesting, probably feels way more reliable from the global attack speed. Triple watcher's eye supply is too low for me to include in a build guide tho, but it's not bad.

Overall, I'm not sure that beats the 100 flat mana, +24% mana and +1% maxres from a foible tho. As I've said, the build doesn't really need damage, stacking defensive layers on it goes a longer way imo.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Unreserved mana doesn't increase much your damage, max mana and recovery does. You just need to have enough unreserved so that your leech never tops off and stop. With the items in this thread and a clarity recovery rate watcher's, the amount of unreserved mana you need is between 50 and 60%. Getting 90% unreserved would do nothing, and MoM doesn't work for lowlife builds, we are just taking it for the nodes behind.

Getting a purity of elements aul is interesting, especially since it opens up for a phys as ele watcher's eye. It doesn't really free up a ring slot tho. The only "good" unique ring you can use is lori's lantern for 6% less damage taken. And you can cap your resistances without purity of elements, you just need a better ring and take influence on the tree.

That haste aul is interesting, probably feels way more reliable from the global attack speed. Triple watcher's eye supply is too low for me to include in a build guide tho, but it's not bad.

Overall, I'm not sure that beats the 100 flat mana, +24% mana and +1% maxres from a foible tho. As I've said, the build doesn't really need damage, stacking defensive layers on it goes a longer way imo.

Thanks for the reply, I didnt know about LowLife and MoM interaction, now I do! That changes some things yeah!
What's your take on the patchnotes and Indigon Nerf? Do you still think the build will be very viable in Betrayal? I had a blast in Delve, I'm very tempted playing it again next league! Also Hiero is good league starter with arc totems and later on go into LL VD PP.
I don't really know, I think it's "fine". The damage nerf seems really hard, but the overall concept is untouched. I'm really surprised poet's pen didn't get nerfed and indigon got hit that hard, but okay.

Overall, 2k% on indigon is rough as we had 7200% before, and the 25% damage instead of 60% is annoying. Without any changes, this will drop the damage from ~13M dps to 3-4M. It's still respectable, and the core defensive mechanics that really made this possible are still there.

However, maybe it would be clever to use a hatred aul's uprising, a clarity extra es/ hatred crit watcher's eye (oooof for the currency) and go crit bladevortex with saffell's frame instead.

For poet's pen, I now think that a lowlife occultist curser with 12-13k es and temp chains/enfeeble will outperform the hiero version just due to it's tankiness. But that's a whole other build. Poet's pen is still opieop, I mean it worked on no mana recovery maps with the indigon setup here, so it's definitively gonna work with the exact same gear in betrayal .

TL/DR: It's fine, build still works. But there's better for much cheaper, so don't bother.
Also forgot to mention: ZiggyD's meme ring might be pretty fking op if you can somehow fit it in your setup, for a dank -50% enemies resistances. This is a buff.
What do you all think about the Indigon nerf?
Is this build, and Indigon builds in general, still viable for Endgame?
for 3.5 we need to change something to build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info