[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

Hi guys, noob here !

I just have a question about Frostferno and Avatar of Fire (one of the skills in the tree)...
Is Frostferno good because of the Cold to Fire passive ? Or because of the +2 to fire gems ?
And why use Avatar of fire, when the totems already can't deal anything but fire damages ?

Thanks !

EDIT : nevermind, looks like I can't even read a FAQ properly...
Last edited by redhelling21 on Nov 9, 2018, 7:36:16 AM
"
WizardOfNAS wrote:
He is correct though. Where you have your "cannot roll lightning damage" jewel, its in the wrong place on the tree in PoB. You need to have both STR and DEX equal to 40. Where he has it in PoB, there is no STR node inside the radius, only DEX, therefore it is void. So if you are following the PoB tree (the leveling guide isn't very detailed) then you have the correct jewel, just in the wrong place.

Hope this helps,

Raging Exile

Again. This is not how it works. U need TOTAL of 40 dex and strenght. So for example 40 dex/0 str or 10 dex/ 30 str or 20 dex/ 20 str all theese combiations work as long as total of str+dex=40
So the jewels are fine as they are.
Last edited by Schnubbel_ on Nov 9, 2018, 7:24:24 AM
"
WizardOfNAS wrote:
He is correct though. Where you have your "cannot roll lightning damage" jewel, its in the wrong place on the tree in PoB. You need to have both STR and DEX equal to 40. Where he has it in PoB, there is no STR node inside the radius, only DEX, therefore it is void. So if you are following the PoB tree (the leveling guide isn't very detailed) then you have the correct jewel, just in the wrong place.

Hope this helps,

Raging Exile

Hi buddy,

perhaps I can say some useful here to enlighten this discussion:

If you use the exact same jewel sockets for the two "combat focus" jewels in the passive tree it works just fine.

THE PROOF:
elemental hit has 3 different visual effects:
1 for the cold damage roll
1 for the lightning damage roll
1 for the fire damage roll

keep in mind that only if the combat focus jewels are "active" the totems will only fire the arrows with just the visual fire effect.

AND:
The combat focus jewels need a TOTAL attributes in radius to be active, NOT each of the attributes in radius.
In case of my skilltree the combat focus (CRIMSON JEWEL) has 40 skilled strength in radius and is active (mitigation of cold damage roll is active).
the second combat focus jewel (VIRIDIAN JEWEL) has 40 skilled dexterity in radius and is active (mitigation of lightning damage roll is active)

(Keep in mind, that you have to skill theses points in the passive tree in radius, or the jewel isn´t active)

RESULT: just fire-damage rolls (as you can see by the visual effect -> all arrows are fire arrows - see that also in my videos)

FURTHER PROOF THAT YOUR SUGGESTION IS INCORRECT:
Just look on all the scions and pathfinder - ele hit mirage archers -> they use their combat focus jewels in exact the same jewel socket like me. According to your theory, that you need 40 + 40 attributes in radius, one of the most played meta build this league (ele hit scion with mirage archer ==>> nearly 10% of all chars in the league according to poe ninja) would play their build wrong. Just think about it...

All just works fine, if you place the jewels in the sockets as you see in this guide.

Hope this helped...

Have much fun guys!
Cheers

Last edited by Lunasicc187 on Nov 9, 2018, 10:55:44 AM
I love how WizardOfNAS says " hope this helps" like he's schooling you.

lesigh
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 10, 2018, 1:09:13 AM
Hi.

Just wanted to thank you for a really fun build.

I started delve with a molten strike oriented build but got bored and dropped at 40ish level and stopped playing delve.

I went to the forums looking for a build to use in standard to pass the time and found yours. I really liked it and wanted to try delve again. I am having so much fun that I felt the need to say thanks.

- I was able to finish first lab at level 25 I think (first time I ever did it at such a low level).

- Normal Atziri was a carnage, poor girl.

The only mistake I did was when trying to get the boots with totem support: I really didn't put attention to the fact there are 2 types of totem support (ranged and spell one), guess which one I bought first?

I'm at depth 140 trying to get currency for better gear and just started red maps.

Q: what depth have you reach so far? I want to know how much I can push this build.

Kudos.
Last edited by Carlovic on Nov 10, 2018, 9:07:32 AM
"
Carlovic wrote:

The only mistake I did was when trying to get the boots with totem support: I really didn't put attention to the fact there are 2 types of totem support (ranged and spell one), guess which one I bought first?

I did that too : /

Wasn't paying attention, put totem damage in search field not stipulating ranged attack totem...wasn't amused when I chucked a totem that casted enfeeble.
One stupid question here.

I'm using two combat focus jewel so that my elemental hit can only roll fire hits. I also have avatar of fire that convert other types of damage to fire. And the cold to fire support from frostferno. I just don't understand why we need to convert other types of damage to fire if we cannot deal those types of damage?
"
zhenyaowen wrote:

I'm using two combat focus jewel so that my elemental hit can only roll fire hits. I also have avatar of fire that convert other types of damage to fire. And the cold to fire support from frostferno. I just don't understand why we need to convert other types of damage to fire if we cannot deal those types of damage?

Hi buddy,

there is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers...

Let me do the math and explain the concept:

On level 20 Elemental Hit has the following base damage rolls:

FIRE____________COLD____________LIGHTNING
590 to 1096_____483 to 896______95 to 1802
(Min + Max roll /2 = average damage)
843_____________689.5___________948.5

Now we know the average damage rolls of each elemental damage type. But it is very important to understand, that all damage types are still existing - some are just "inactive" - when we force Elemental Hit to just roll the 843 fire damage with the two "combat focus" jewels (crimson + viridian base).

Keep in mind, that our Chin Sol Bow deals Physical damage.

The "Avatar of Fire" note in the skill tree has the following effect:
"50% of your Physical, Cold and Lightning damage is converted to Fire damage. Deal no Non-Fire damage."

NEW FIRE DAMAGE OF ELEMENTAL HIT:

The fomrula (simplified) for the new damage of Elemental Hit:

Step 1)
(843 average Fire damage roll) + (50% of the average 698.5 Cold damage) + (50% of the average 948.5 Lightning damage) + (50% of the average Physical Damage from Chin Sol)

FIRE___COLD___________LIGHTNING________PHYSICAL
843 + (698.5 * 0.5) + (948.5 * 0.5) + (phys dmg * 0.5)

1666.5 + (phys dmg * 0.5) --->>> phys damage depends on your roll on the chin sol bow and other items and the passive tree. Let´s assume a physical damage roll of 250 for this example.

1666.5 + (250 * 0.5)
= 1791.5 FIRE DAMAGE

Step 2)
Frostferno grants a level 30 "Cold to Fire" support gem.
According to PoE Wiki this is 39% of Cold damage as extra fire damage.

698.5 * 0.39 = 272 EXTRA FIRE DAMAGE

= 1791.5 + 272 = 2063.5

This 2063.5 Damage is the "base fire damage" for all damage multiplier on items and in the skill tree, such as:
+increased fire damage
+increased Elemental Damage
+increased Elemental damage with attack skill
+increased Totem Damage

2063.5 compared with the initial 843 fire-damage. You see, this is a huge delta / difference. (a relativ boost of about 245% increased base damage)

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please keep in mind, that this damage calculation is a very simplified version of the actual / real damage calculation. But now you will understand the concept and how it works. The detailed damage calculation is shown in PoB.

Cheers

Last edited by Lunasicc187 on Nov 10, 2018, 7:46:19 PM
Why every build gotta inflate their POB dps :(

Your character does not generate frenzy charges.
You have ticked shock and although you do shock you arent shocking for 50% (pob is bugged)
You claim its a boss killer but you have is the enemy a boss unticked.

With realistic shocking included you drop from 2.5m dps down to under 1m dps...
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
Last edited by demondied1 on Nov 11, 2018, 3:17:15 AM
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
"
zhenyaowen wrote:

Hi buddy,

there is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers...

Let me do the math and explain the concept:

On level 20 Elemental Hit has the following base damage rolls:

FIRE____________COLD____________LIGHTNING
590 to 1096_____483 to 896______95 to 1802
(Min + Max roll /2 = average damage)
843_____________689.5___________948.5

Now we know the average damage rolls of each elemental damage type. But it is very important to understand, that all damage types are still existing - some are just "inactive" - when we force Elemental Hit to just roll the 843 fire damage with the two "combat focus" jewels (crimson + viridian base).

Keep in mind, that our Chin Sol Bow deals Physical damage.

The "Avatar of Fire" note in the skill tree has the following effect:
"50% of your Physical, Cold and Lightning damage is converted to Fire damage. Deal no Non-Fire damage."

NEW FIRE DAMAGE OF ELEMENTAL HIT:

The fomrula (simplified) for the new damage of Elemental Hit:

Step 1)
(843 average Fire damage roll) + (50% of the average 698.5 Cold damage) + (50% of the average 948.5 Lightning damage) + (50% of the average Physical Damage from Chin Sol)

FIRE___COLD___________LIGHTNING________PHYSICAL
843 + (698.5 * 0.5) + (948.5 * 0.5) + (phys dmg * 0.5)

1666.5 + (phys dmg * 0.5) --->>> phys damage depends on your roll on the chin sol bow and other items and the passive tree. Let´s assume a physical damage roll of 250 for this example.

1666.5 + (250 * 0.5)
= 1791.5 FIRE DAMAGE

Step 2)
Frostferno grants a level 30 "Cold to Fire" support gem.
According to PoE Wiki this is 39% of Cold damage as extra fire damage.

698.5 * 0.39 = 272 EXTRA FIRE DAMAGE

= 1791.5 + 272 = 2063.5

This 2063.5 Damage is the "base fire damage" for all damage multiplier on items and in the skill tree, such as:
+increased fire damage
+increased Elemental Damage
+increased Elemental damage with attack skill
+increased Totem Damage

2063.5 compared with the initial 843 fire-damage. You see, this is a huge delta / difference. (a relativ boost of about 245% increased base damage)

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please keep in mind, that this damage calculation is a very simplified version of the actual / real damage calculation. But now you will understand the concept and how it works. The detailed damage calculation is shown in PoB.

Cheers

I've phoned all morgues in central Europe. Good i've find you here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info