[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
I saw you are running Elemental Weakness + Flammability? Why not projectile weakness? How about Enfeeble?

Sure Enfeeble if you want to play more defensive... personally i like to be more glass cannon and go full damage :D

Spoiler
Proj weakness gives pierce to projectiles (which we don't need since we get it on the tree already) and increased damage... ele weakness gives - fire res to enemies which translates to MORE damage they take when their fire res goes below 0.... so ele weakness is more powerful
wrong

"
Ah this way, you can also run dual Grace + Haste aura? I can only afford Enlighten L3, that leaves me with 65 mana. Not sure if that's enough for spamming totems, shooting frenzy GMP arrows and movement skills.

With Enlighten lv4 i can run double aura Grace + Haste (i use a watcher's eye jewel with both grace and haste bonus) and still have 100 Mana which is enough to place totems and spam frenzy/blink arrow... remember that having totems on the ground boosts your life/mana regen... so it's fine... with 65 mana i think you can still place totems but maybe you can't really spam them...

Useful tool for mana reserve calculations: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Last edited by wh1spo on Apr 2, 2019, 6:21:40 AM
"
wh1spo wrote:

Proj weakness gives pierce to projectiles (which we don't need since we get it on the tree already) and increased damage... ele weakness gives - fire res to enemies which translates to MORE damage they take when their fire res goes below 0.... so ele weakness is more powerful

I tested your POB, Elemental weakness does show higher DPS compared to Elemental Weakness. So not really sure on that.

"
With Enlighten lv4 i can run double aura Grace + Haste (i use a watcher's eye jewel with both grace and haste bonus) and still have 100 Mana which is enough to place totems and spam frenzy/blink arrow... remember that having totems on the ground boosts your life/mana regen... so it's fine... with 65 mana i think you can still place totems but maybe you can't really spam them...

I bought a L3 Enlighten and it works. In my short testing it seems to still be doable to run Double Grace + Haste and still spam Totems and Frenzy. L4 Enlighten at 5ex is out of my budget. I managed to get a max roll watcher's eye with grace/haste bonus for 1ex. Prob not the best time to buy considering I could use the currency to upgrade my rings/belt and also save up for Corrupted Frostferno.

Why spam Blink Arrow? I don't see the use for it. So far I just use flame dash for movement.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that increased damage taken mods (Proj Weakness) are multiplicative with most other mods, much like Elemental Weakness. Don't get confused by the use of the word increased here. It is just a way of grouping "damage taken" mods, and segregating them from others, like more damage taken mods (are there any?). Exactly like differentiating increased damage and more damage, which most of us understand.

Increased damage taken mods are multiplicative with increased damage and more damage mods, and also with mitigation such as armour, or resistances (looking at you, Elemental Weakness!). Increased damage taken mods apply their factor to the end result of the damage dealt x mitigation calculation.

I thought it went something like:

total damage = ((((A x B) x C) x D) x E) x F, where:

A is Base damage,
B is increased damage mods added together,
C is more damage mods added together,
D is mitigation,
E is increased damage taken mods added together,
F is more damage taken mods added together (do these exist?)

Again, correct me if I'm wrong. Not trying to be a smart-arse, just checking my understanding is correct.

Which would make Projectile Weakness at least as useful as Elemental Weakness. Possibly better if you somehow ran both?
Last edited by Beebsman on Apr 2, 2019, 3:21:36 AM
good to know...as i said a few posts ago, i'm not that good when it comes to theorycrafting and choosing the best gems and such... i'm gonna try proj weakness next!
"
wh1spo wrote:
good to know...as i said a few posts ago, i'm not that good when it comes to theorycrafting and choosing the best gems and such... i'm gonna try proj weakness next!

I am not good at the fancy math calculation either. I tried your POB and punched in Projectile Weakness it is much higher than Ele Weakness. But my POB Ele Weakness is slightly better then Proj. Your DPS jumped from 1.1mil to 1.2 mil.
oops double post
Last edited by wh1spo on Apr 2, 2019, 9:19:18 AM
"
Xrande wrote:

I am not good at the fancy math calculation either. I tried your POB and punched in Projectile Weakness it is much higher than Ele Weakness. But my POB Ele Weakness is slightly better then Proj. Your DPS jumped from 1.1mil to 1.2 mil.

hehehe usually i'm too lazy to use PoB, but that's the right way to do things... good call :)

"
wh1spo wrote:

"the dream" i guess would be a triple curse setup with flammability, proj weak and ele weak.... but that requires a yoke with corruption... or a decent body armour with additional curse crafted, but i think i would loose too much hp.... going under 4k life... which is not that great hehehehe
Last edited by wh1spo on Apr 2, 2019, 9:18:36 AM
"
wh1spo wrote:

"the dream" i guess would be a triple curse setup with flammability, proj weak and ele weak.... but that requires a yoke with corruption... or a decent body armour with additional curse crafted, but i think i would loose too much hp.... going under 4k life... which is not that great hehehehe

Or spent 5 skill points to path to get additional curse... Especially if start hitting L100.
How can i improve my dps now?

obs: except for the points that i don't have bcs of level, the jewels that i don't have the money to buy and the rng to create the supports 21, don't want windshriek for 2 curses bcs i hate the need to pick fire res in the rings that imo are good now.

pob: https://pastebin.com/xTr59MTh

before all thanks for the attention :D
Last edited by Acejumpp on Apr 2, 2019, 6:48:58 PM
"
Acejumpp wrote:
How can i improve my dps now?

obs: except for the points that i don't have bcs of level, the jewels that i don't have the money to buy and the rng to create the supports 21, don't want windshriek for 2 curses bcs i hate the need to pick fire res in the rings that imo are good now.

pob: https://pastebin.com/xTr59MTh

before all thanks for the attention :D

First and foremost:

-Rings (you need perfect elemental damage on the implicit (25%), and perfect elemental damage (30%) and elemenal damage with attacks (40%) on the explicit

-Belt (Fire Damage and Elemental Damage (30%) and Elemental Damage with Attacks (50%)

Boots - 120% increased critical strike chance enchantment

-Armor - Corrupted Kaom's with 40-50% increased Damage

-Bow - Chin Sol or Lioneye's Glare with extra arrow corruption. I am currently experimenting with Lioneye's Glare which gives a massive 40k dps boost without the corruption. Thinking of switching to QuillRain and only use Chin Sol for bossing.

-Jewels - Get a increased damage corruption on your Combat Focus and Rain of Splinters jewels. They are cheap. Will give about 10k dps if you get perfects.

There is lots of room for improvement, still. Don't get discouraged. I'm currently sitting on 180k dps in town with no buffs with my gear and can take down uber elder in less than a minute, assuming shaper isn't being an invulnerable [Removed by Support]. I got rid of the Chin Sol until I can get a +1 arrow corruption on one...so until then, Lioneye's or Quill Rain is the way to go.
Last edited by Al_GGG on May 14, 2019, 6:12:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info