[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Noice_Applez wrote:
@Otomok your gear is fine; the reason why your damage is lacking is because your gems are super low lvl... go buy some 20/20 gems for a few chaos per :)

so i did that and did a comparison

http://prntscr.com/n3wvxw

my build is on the left the creators is on the right

My damage may have gone up but its still waaaaaaaay below

https://pastebin.com/Z5nctKDs link to my current build any tips to further increase the dps?(working on last ascendancy trial)

Last edited by Otomok on Mar 27, 2019, 9:47:13 PM
"
Otomok wrote:
"
Noice_Applez wrote:
@Otomok your gear is fine; the reason why your damage is lacking is because your gems are super low lvl... go buy some 20/20 gems for a few chaos per :)

so i did that and did a comparison

http://prntscr.com/n3wvxw

my build is on the left the creators is on the right

My damage may have gone up but its still waaaaaaaay below

https://pastebin.com/Z5nctKDs link to my current build any tips to further increase the dps?(working on last ascendancy trial)

You haven't ticked the other appropriate boxes on calculations on POB like Intimidate, shock, close range etc. I just did and yours already went 330k+. You're also comparing it to an already min maxed build or atleast close to. A good chunk of his dps is a from pre nerf tombfist with 2 ASabyss jewels and AS corruption.

And with the nerf on the tombfist, I might suggest taking a look first on some gripped gloves with a good attack speed on it. And maybe later you can find a tombfist with AS corruption?

- Crit enchant on boots
- the murderous jewel you have only has AS really, if you can get one with AS+ another relevant damage mod
- onslaught flask
- a few more levels (Precision and divine fervour and a few nodes to consider after you get phase acro: divine judgment area, acuity nodes, lethality nodes)
- Blessed orb on one of the Opal rings
"
medwannabe wrote:
as already pointed out by someone else, this build has some flaws in it, and i'd like to help fellow newbies with my personal solutions to the shortcomings i've encountered:

1. amulet = yoke, seriously ? i've compared the dps using POB for yoke vs xoph's and the yoke amulet provides borderline more dps, while xoph's defensive bonuses are massive; there's a reason xoph's is much more expensive compared to yoke, because it is much better ! you should use xoph's

bonus: using xoph's, you don't need to take avatar of fire on the tree, giving you 2 more juice passive skill points to use wherever you please

2. weapon = chin sol is a bad bow, it was a good one before the nerf (with 100% more dmg at close range) but now it's just trash; in my personal opinion, the best-in-slot is lioneye's glare simply because your hits will never miss !! 100% hit rate gives insane dps boost while allowing you to respec the accuracy from the tree and take it off your gear; let's look at the big picture, even with thousands of accuracy you will never get 100% hit rate, but with this bow you do, and you can now also respec 4 more juicy passive skill points that you'd waste with accuracy, and replace the shit accuracy from jewels with much better, legit stats

3. boots = gang's momentum boots are trash; the only stat there that is useful and not generic is the 40% incr. dmg vs ignited enemies ! you can do better than that with some rare boots, or something like bubonic trail with 2 abyss jewels (btw bubonic trail are legit, best-in-slot for lots of builds, but for this one i found something even better); my boots choice is windshriek for the following reasons:
-you recommend an expensive amulet like yoke with a corruption for 1 extra curse, that shit is so rare, 99.9999% of players will never own one; instead, these boots allows 1 extra curse with little investment
-boots provide movespeed, all elemental resistances and elemental damage (20%) so we only lose 20% incr. dmg compared to gang's momentum but gain much more with the other bonuses
-i hate casting curses, i run 2 curses with blasphemy and these boots increase the aoe of the curse auras thus matching our high range, the auras range is almost off-screen with these boots

I have tested windshriek and lioneye, very nice. But I still go with enfeeble and grace aura so have not enough mana for second curse. My boots slot is still not finally set.

The amulet, yoke is so damn nice cause of that shock mechanic. I dont like xoph. It feels not good without shocking. Fire + Yoke for my buld is = 100% shock. Awesome.

I took one of the taming rings with one of the opal rings I had already and am now at 100k ele hit dps unbuffed in hideout with frostferno 4 link (+2 to fire).

The quiver wont let me corrupt chain on it, but even with +1 arrow it feels much better than point blank. PoB says different, but most of the times one arrow is better while clearing maps, at least for me it feels like that.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Do not be fooled bv Lioneye's - while it does give you a massive 30k dps boost on the tooltip, it is actually much weaker than Chin Sol, even in its nerfed state. I guess it is ok to use for farming maps, but boss kills will take much longer than you are used to.

With my Chin Sol, I am currently sitting at 105k dps in town on the tooltip. I am able to take on uber elder without dying, so this is a top notch build. Any deviation from the original build will only bring disappointment. Sad to say.
I'm following the author of the thread using his suggestions to change boots and gloves. 961k dps per totem. Close range doesn't matter in maps at all. It's one hit almost always despite the range.

gear:
Spoiler

Quiver corruption took me 69 tries ...
Ele hit to lvl 21 - one of eight gems 20/20.. sold the broken rest for 2c each..
But then somehow got 21/20 on combustion and range totem at first try..
You really don't care about + 1 chain or + arrows, because only reason why are u boosting dmg is for bosses. In maps is actually everything one hit, even in T16 maps with full mods.

So point blank is mega boost for bosses like shaper or elder, where u place totem next to them and boost your dmg. Second option is to swap skirmish with point blank and +1 chain based if u are bossing or maping. But as i wrote, in maps u really dont care. You have enough dmg to just place totem and run, everything is done quickly.

The good point, especially for HC players, got Elua with Chieftan. You got much more survibility, more HP, more comfort (u dont care map mods at all). So if u play HC, go Chieftan. You lose some dmg for bosses, but on HC you dont farm them either. It's too riscy and drop doesn't balance the risk of good item. So you just complete the challenges. Cause Hierophant is really hard to get enough HP, especially when there are syndicates t16 maps, you really need 8k life pool at least.

And read better, owner write in his topic this build isn't anything unique, he just got inspired by other players. So why so much hate. It's very good started build and with some magic in PoB u can update it to style u like.

I didn't check the PoB tooltip, but as bow u can also use:
- Arborix. You got 2 arrows, so u have free slot for jewel. Evasion boost is also good.
- Quill rain is also very good option.
- Lioney's glare - seems fine, good to try it. But previous options with chin sol will be better.
Spent 20+ ex on this build and so far im disappointed. " One shot bosses " Lol not even close. Damage is super low compared to whats advertised on this thread. a
"
Bthurbs wrote:
Spent 20+ ex on this build and so far im disappointed. " One shot bosses " Lol not even close. Damage is super low compared to whats advertised on this thread. a

First explain me, wtf are you using atziri's here?

Okay, the build isn't as strong as the title says, but guy see the number of nerfs that the build got, i think the only buff was on curses, but nothing too high comparable to the nerfs, you still can get 4-5 million with the build, but i can't see more than this, except if you want to waste 4-5 mirrors trying to get the max possible, the oneshot build was past, if you want one like this, better look for another :D

"
Bthurbs wrote:

You are also low level still, and from what I can see, you've spent a heap of currency on some items that don't do much for the build.

Not sure what you are doing with all those flashly flasks, just because they are unique's doesn't mean they are worth the ex.

Play the build however you want, but it annoys me when people do random stuff or try to change the build because they think they can do it better...and then come to the OP's guide and make snide, useless and mean comments barely above troll level.
All because they failed and broke their own character and wasted a ton of currency in the process.

I wish I had 20ex to blow on this build.
I've only spent about half that so far on my char and have had ZERO issue killing or clearing any content including Red Elder and fully juiced T15+ maps even with reflect.(Only mod I reroll is no regen)
I would be confident attempting Shaper with my current setup and will be doing just that once I hit lvl 95.

"
Bthurbs wrote:

You are doing it wrong then. I am one shotting ALL bosses except Uber Elder.

1) Make sure you have the proper corruptions on your gear. The helmet is the most important. The +2 Proj Corruption gives an insane amount of power. Also, make sure that your Elemental hit is 21/20 - this will effectively make it a level 27 gem. Most people skip this step and are diappointed as a result. Also, make sure that you either have the point blank corruption on your quiver or your skill tree - taking anything else will ensure that you do not take bosses down as quickly as you would like.

2) Your rings and belt are VERY important. This is where most of your scaling will come. Make sure that you use Opal Rings with Elemental Damage (25-50%) and Elemental Damage with Attacks (40%) - and for the belt, the same. Each of these, depening on their values, should give 15k per piece. Do NOT neglect your rings and belt!

3) Pay attention to your jewels - use attack speed > accuracy > damage with totems/bows.

I currently have 117k dps in town unbuffed (with Chin Sol), so that is what you should use as a baseline to become satisfied with the build.

I give this build an A- - it is excellent, but it does require the corruptions to work properly. If you aren't investing in the corruptions, then you are doing the build WRONG.

-EDIT- After looking at your skill tree, you forgot to get piercing on the upper right hand corner of your tree. This build, without pierce, is absolute crap. What are you thinking? This was step 2 on the build guide and you ignored it.
Last edited by Kadamose on Mar 29, 2019, 11:24:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info