[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

Greetings all! Love the build so far, only t5 maps atm (I am doing a lot of synthesis even though I probably should wait til im done with Atlas first) but blazing through content. Getting close to the end of the passive tree and was wondering what nodes are ideal for the west templar elemental node (Divine Judgment and Divine Fury). Honestly think that just getting DJ and the penetrate node is the right call and ignoring DF altogether (since it costs 1 extra point now to skill both than in original build) but was wondering what the rest of yall were doing, and if you attempt to skill it before/after Lethality in the bow nodes at the bottom right corner.
"
MasterBromot wrote:

Play the build however you want, but it annoys me when people do random stuff or try to change the build because they think they can do it better...and then come to the OP's guide and make snide, useless and mean comments barely above troll level.
All because they failed and broke their own character and wasted a ton of currency in the process.

I wish I had 20ex to blow on this build.
I've only spent about half that so far on my char and have had ZERO issue killing or clearing any content including Red Elder and fully juiced T15+ maps even with reflect.(Only mod I reroll is no regen)
I would be confident attempting Shaper with my current setup and will be doing just that once I hit lvl 95.

20ex sure, but he's not even playing or building the character properly. At least follow the guide properly. Missing skill tree, wrong flasks, questionable stats on gear, questionable mods on jewels.
I just killed Uber Elder for the first time ever, first try, only 1 death. I was surprised I killed him relatively quickly... with a good amount of evasion/chance to dodge that fight is quite easy, I would say... I have 4682 HP

I'm still using a double curse setup Ele Weak + Flammability, I love it for bosses.
I switched from Chin Sol back to Quill Rain and it is very good and satisfying imho...

My tree:

My Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by wh1spo on Mar 30, 2019, 1:30:40 PM
Hi, thanks for the nice build.

Just one question (maybe I'm missing something here), but where do I get the 5th Totem?

1 Standard
1 Asc
1 Passive
1 Quiver

So where is the 5th?
"
RoninSJ wrote:

Just one question (maybe I'm missing something here), but where do I get the 5th Totem?

1 Standard
1 Asc
1 Passive
1 Quiver

So where is the 5th?

See the changes note for 3.5
"
wh1spo wrote:
I just killed Uber Elder for the first time ever, first try, only 1 death. I was surprised I killed him relatively quickly... with a good amount of evasion/chance to dodge that fight is quite easy, I would say... I have 4682 HP

I'm still using a double curse setup Ele Weak + Flammability, I love it for bosses.
I switched from Chin Sol back to Quill Rain and it is very good and satisfying imho...

Thanks for sharing. Good player to survive with 4.6k HP.

How do you find Chin Sol vs Quill Rain? Aren't you losing out 50% more damage at close range?

Also, I see your dual curse setup using the Windshriek. It plays out much better than Gang's boots for you? I clear T16 trash fine, but it seems DPS for boss is still weak and still getting used to the bosses and mechanics.
Last edited by Xrande on Apr 1, 2019, 5:24:14 AM
Despite my high amount of hours i put into this game i don't think i am very good when it comes to theory-crafting and all that stuff but...

"
How do you find Chin Sol vs Quill Rain? Aren't you losing out 50% more damage at close range?

Honestly, since totems gets oneshotted from bosses, i find that more attack speed is better than more dmg just because you can crit/shock more but that's just my opinion...

"
Also, I see your dual curse setup using the Windshriek. It plays out much better than Gang's boots for you? I clear T16 trash fine, but it seems DPS for boss is still weak and still getting used to the bosses and mechanics.

Yeah, it gives much more damage especially for bosses imho. As other people already said, gang's are not that good since we already ignite 100% even without those boots, and there are good alternatives which give us more utility/survivability than just 40% increased damage against ignited enemies. I'm loving this double curse setup for bosses.
"
Acejumpp wrote:
"
RoninSJ wrote:

1 Standard
1 Asc
1 Passive
1 Quiver

So where is the 5th?

See the changes note for 3.5

DO'H!

Thanks, now it's obvious. Didn't read the patches because I thought it would also have been worked into the build :rolleyes:

However, while the build plays nicely, I still have some trouble to adjust to POE (coming from years of D3)

About the discussion above with the curses: how would two curses work with the aura? Can't you use two curses with blasphemy? I can only cast one and since they're linked, I can't use the other one manual either

Some more things:

1. my current build has about 250k according to POB. However, I have absolutely no idea how I can't get 10 times more damage as the build creator has according to POB. I've also tried to click on the damage nodes in POB which I'm still missing due to my level only 80 yet. I've using some of the recommended flask for the boss fights btw

2. why are more than three links necessary for the Bow? Why do you need to link the auras?

3. I've also no idea (surprising, I know) how to get to 7k live. Most of the items are unique, leaving the rings and belt as statgivers. I have a belt and a ring with +life. Got only 4.2k life. Sure, I could use some of these +5% passives, but would it really make that much difference?

As I said: the build plays nicely, much more fun than my Necro and a bit more (yet) than my Molten Strike Jug

Thx for this nice build.

I got a question about the Jewels...

Found this:

1) increased attack speed
2) accuracy rating
3) critical multiplier
4) adds fire damage

1. So whats better Bow Attack Speed or ''normal'' Attack Speed?

2. Accuarcy Rating. Global or +xxAccuarcy Rating?

3. Will be crit chance any usefull (for example global critical multiplier or crit chance with firespells) or just critical multiplier?

Thx a lot for ur help :)
"
wh1spo wrote:

Yeah, it gives much more damage especially for bosses imho. As other people already said, gang's are not that good since we already ignite 100% even without those boots, and there are good alternatives which give us more utility/survivability than just 40% increased damage against ignited enemies. I'm loving this double curse setup for bosses.

I am trying out Windshriek.

I saw you are running Elemental Weakness + Flammability? Why not projectile weakness? How about Enfeeble?

Ah this way, you can also run dual Grace + Haste aura? I can only afford Enlighten L3, that leaves me with 65 mana. Not sure if that's enough for spamming totems, shooting frenzy GMP arrows and movement skills.
Last edited by Xrande on Apr 1, 2019, 3:03:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info