Delve Costing Changes

Well, I'm hoping when this becomes Core, that sulphite is removed completely as I don't think maps should be required to do delves
I am afraid of the effect that this will have on the economy. There is so much currency in delve and giving players more time to delve means that they will have more currency than ever before :O
I hope this has been part of the thought process for this "patch"
The cost for running delves is more insane now. Thought it was expensive and hard to get azurite to run . Wait till you see how much it costs to try a small low level delve. cost went up over 4x what it was. This seems to make the problem worse not better.
wow you guys gave into the Reddit cry babbies at record speed this time
"
Chris wrote:

Provided slightly more Sulphite bonus for Map Item Quantity.

This is only a small change, but after this update, map item quantity will have more effect on Sulphite gain (more noticeable in higher maps).

Could we please have more concrete data regarding this ? could you please give us number, how much is the quality increasing the Sulfite gains and how much was the previous iteration of patch 3.4.3 ?

"
Chris wrote:

These relatively rare long Delves could sometimes require more Sulphite than your overall capacity.

Seriously ? OO
Are you freaking expecting people to fill a whole fully upgraded tank for one single delve ? And think that this is fine ???

"
viperesque wrote:
This does not sound like it goes nearly far enough in making delves feel accessible. But thank you for the quick response.

^

Let's see the number this time too .....
I'm not holding my breath though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 21, 2018, 2:38:35 AM
I would have changed the exponential curve to a logarithmic curve. But that's just cuz logs are cool.
weird double post sorry.
Last edited by wolfwing on Sep 21, 2018, 2:40:45 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Today we deployed 3.4.3, which contained some large changes to how Sulphite is acquired and how Delves are costed.

Our model (based on live gameplay data) showed that the changes in 3.4.3 would result in 25% more Delving for the average player who was playing at a given tier of maps.

The place where this breaks down is for players whose map base is insufficient for the depth they are playing at. We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

Because of our use of an exponential curve, a difference in just a couple of tiers of maps has a very large difference in Sulphite gain, and this means that if you can't sustain Tier 16 maps, you will have a vastly different amount of Sulphite than someone who can.

In order to address this, we are reducing the ramp of Sulphite during maps, and we are changing the curve from exponential to linear. This means, for example, that the difference between someone sustaining Tier 16 maps and someone sustaining Tier 12 is much, much lower than before.

The largest capacity upgrade is now 18,000 Sulphite (vs 30,000 before), to give you an example of the new scaling. If you have more than 18k Sulphite at the time the patch is deployed, it'll be capped to 18k.

The best way to gain sulphite is still Tier 16 maps, but someone playing at lower tiers will still get a reasonable amount of Sulphite as well.

At the same time, we are still retaining the thing we wanted to actually fix, which is that maps are a lot more rewarding than non-maps for progressing in Delve.

These changes will be deployed today.

In addition to this change, we have a few other tweaks we are making.

Fixed a bug that affected parties with an even number of players, where Sulphite gain was based on one less party member than the party actually had.

This bug has been in since before 3.4.3, and didn't affect everyone, but certainly didn't help the situation. It's fixed now.

Capped the maximum Sulphite costs of Delves at length 6.

These relatively rare long Delves could sometimes require more Sulphite than your overall capacity.

Reduced the Sulphite cost of longer Delves (starting at length 2) slightly, with a larger discount for longer lengths. At length 6, the discount is 25%.

Longer Delves already have better rewards than shorter ones, and are now discounted to incentivise players further for choosing them.

Provided slightly more Sulphite bonus for Map Item Quantity.

This is only a small change, but after this update, map item quantity will have more effect on Sulphite gain (more noticeable in higher maps).

can you increaes map drop rates, the biggest problem of trying to sustain higher maps is that they just don't drop enough, I did like 8 tier 8 maps to get 1 tier 9 to drop so I could start work on it.
Thank you so much for this!!! Your continued quality of life changes to this league have made Delve a system I would want permanently.
Are you people blind or stupid? This upcoming "fix" will change jack shit basically. It will only reduce gap a little in lower tier maps, but only 100% quantity T16 will barely match pre-patch.

At this point, I'm not sure if people are more stupid than GGG is incompetent or other way around.

Last week's manifesto was met with huge praise - patch comes out and we have massive shitstorm. Now it seems we have the same, fix comes out and we'll have another shitstorm, because this fixes absolute jackshit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info