Delve Costing Changes

I dont really visit this forum very often but I felt like I needed to voice my opinion on the recent Sulphite change. I think the cost to delve is way too high now, I can barely do 2 or 3 delves before running out. This doesn't feel smooth at all. I hope the change gets reverted back. Thank you.
"
I dont really visit this forum very often but I felt like I needed to voice my opinion on the recent Sulphite change. I think the cost to delve is way too high now, I can barely do 2 or 3 delves before running out. This doesn't feel smooth at all. I hope the change gets reverted back. Thank you.

Here here. I loved Delve, I still love it and thanks for adding it to the game, but I thought it felt good before and now I feel shackled because getting enough sulphite together for anything more than a few minutes in the delve is pretty arduous now.

I was all "Hot damn! 2500 Sulphite saved up, I'm gonna be underground so long my children will be born without eyes!"

Now I'm all "Hot damn! 10k sulphite saved up, I'm gonna go see if I can hold my breath the whole time the train passes through the tunnel!"

I loved the brief release that was live for 2 hours or so where we were getting massive amounts of sulphite on high tier maps, it was awesome, basically I could delve as much as I pleased and it was great.

All that being said, even with it being a bit more difficult now, I still LOVE the Delve and think it should be a part of the core game. My only frustration is wanting to be able to do it MORE. :) <3 GGG
I didnt even make it out of Part I before I decided Delve was not something I wanted to play. Level 44, and I was outstripping content levels to try and make sure that I wasnt wasting mats, and then dying to glitches and bursts of desync in delves.

I havent played a new league since early 1.x. (this first 2? I think) I'm hoping the NPE of this new league is not the new norm. Outside of hardware rendering problems, no league I played felt this unfinished at launch.

I'll just wait for the pittance of accumulation to join standard at this point.
i personally HATE flares most of all, throught all the content in this great game!

last rip - again, i pressed my flare hotkey, but for a fraction of a second it didnt register it, lag or idk, and i rip again from the darkness, didnt even make through main story line.

its super annoying new mechanic. its not worth it for casual player

i want so much to play the game, but this darkness and flares shit is so puke.
cant force myself to waste another hours just for this shit

something like flares in this game should be on some kind of automatic regime.
Delve is designed to play it yourway, but as much as I understand complaints, here are some suggestions to deal with delve.

If you think, your delve is too expensive, delve more shallow. Playing one tier higher almost double your delves.

If you think, flares are garbage, train to use them at a depth where you have 75% darkness resistance. It is worth the training and you will find nice things as well.

If you think, darkness is too rippy, try to get your light radius to 150% and your darkness resistance to 75%. If you have some eHP regi, it will play like ease.

If you think that Delve should be accessable without mapping, you maybe should wait for 4.0 to get new content beside Atlas eventually.

Actually, GGG buffed delving at white and yellow tiers in terms of sulphite costs/gather ratio. Only delving deeper than you can map will cause stavation of your progress and IMHO, this is perfectly correct by design.
All those complaining about sulphite hoping that it will be removed are about to destroy a great league because of their inability to accept that every league content always has been gated by maps.

Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Synopse wrote:
Delve is designed to play it yourway, but as much as I understand complaints, here are some suggestions to deal with delve.

If you think, your delve is too expensive, delve more shallow. Playing one tier higher almost double your delves.

If you think, flares are garbage, train to use them at a depth where you have 75% darkness resistance. It is worth the training and you will find nice things as well.

If you think, darkness is too rippy, try to get your light radius to 150% and your darkness resistance to 75%. If you have some eHP regi, it will play like ease.

If you think that Delve should be accessable without mapping, you maybe should wait for 4.0 to get new content beside Atlas eventually.

Actually, GGG buffed delving at white and yellow tiers in terms of sulphite costs/gather ratio. Only delving deeper than you can map will cause stavation of your progress and IMHO, this is perfectly correct by design.
All those complaining about sulphite hoping that it will be removed are about to destroy a great league because of their inability to accept that every league content always has been gated by maps.

Every league content has been gated by maps?
Boy,you must be new to this game.
So your solution is to not progress deeper to the league content,but remain let's say equal to tier 5 maps delving.
That way the problem of high tier maps not droping sufficiently resulting to people not having enough sulphite to delve deeper for more than 10 minutes per hour is solved.
Great thinking,i'm sure the majority of the players enjoys a league they cannot experience for more than 10% of playing time.
"
Synopse wrote:

Yes, we unanbe to uccept that every league has to be destroyed by gating it by maps.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
it is still considerably worse than it was before.

when will you fix it?
"
Chris wrote:

The place where this breaks down is for players whose map base is insufficient for the depth they are playing at. We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

that moment when you forget that you gated the content that you based your other content gating on....

yeah, dont worry chris, happens to all of us #rollseyes

Let me explain something to you chris about why your game becomes shit, despite being so amazing in so many ways:

In an arpg theres content and gear, the content gets harder and harder and you require better and better gear to become powerful enough to be able to complete that content.

In poe you have decided to not only gate the gear, which you should be doing, but also gate all the harder content. Ok... somewhat questionable but ok, could work. You have then folded on the idea of gating player power, both through passives and gear. Gear now drops like candy, the idea of having gear as a reward has become a joke, items that used to be many exalts are now worth 1 chaos each on the market thanks to insanely buffed drop rates.

Gear good enough to smash the entire high end mapping system is now essentially free for traders, you can run the lowest tiers of maps for 2 hours and afford a full gear set that can destroy the highest tiers of maps. but you still cant access the highest tiers of maps. All dressed up with nowhere to go, you ever hear that phrase around here before?

Certain people are hitting 100 in what? 4 days now? While they are stupidly ahead of the pack, for reasons that are also terrible faults in your game, this is a trend too where a journeyman player can probably level up 10x faster in endgame than they could back in 2013, maybe 20x faster.

But youre still gating any content that could be anywhere near appropriate for these sort of characters. So you have a game where the power should be what we chase in order to beat the content, but instead you give the power away for free with levels, gear drop rates and ridiculous power creep across the spectrum, and then deny people content worth playing when they get that power. Cant you see how stupid this is? Youre so busy trying to gate content under the idea that its rewards are too powerful that youve forgot that everyone is stupidly over powered thanks to passives and gear not being gated nearly enough and the only thing that could possibly save your game is letting people access levels of content that could challenge the absurdity youve already let them become.

We need appropriate new endgame content we can log in and play for 10s, 100s, 1000s of hours, we dont need even more gated shit that doesnt provide a reason to log in tomorrow and spend 5 hours in poe. Delve should fit the bill perfectly, but once again you have fked up the reward system and subsequently the gating system as a result of the first mistake.

Heard there was a new manifesto on sulphate and that changes were being made, so I came back to read it. Your changes are garbage and the new content is still a complete waste of time, as is your game as a whole thanks to retarded power creep, neglect and lack of any fair, sustainable challenge or competition in your endgame. This isnt even remotely good enough to fix the issues of delve which in turn means delve isnt remotely good enough to fix the issues of poes endgame.

Stop adding rewards to content that mean you feel you cant let players play the content. Your xp mechanics are broken, your item drop mechanics are fucked beyond belief, fix them and stop gating players from playing meaningful content as a means to try and limit the damage being done by your idiotically balanced dysfunctional reward systems. This is a GAME people are supposed to PLAY it, when you wake up and remember that then maybe youll have a game worth actually playing again.

Hey guys our xp and item drop mechanics are really bad, how do we fix it? Well Tony, if we can find a way to make sure players dont play the game then they wont get too much loot and experience!

yeah, genius, well done guys. Why didnt any other devs think of this before?

Ask yourself how youve allowed this game to slip so far that Diablo 3, an absolute farce of a game, is now probably a better game than PoE in many essential areas. Gameplay, difficulty/challenge, balance, competitiveness, skill... What good is an amazing item system and build system constructed on top of the best arpg mechanics system ever made if the actual game they serve is a clickerheros ezclap lolfest piece of shit that actively stops players from playing the parts of it that are redeeming?

"
PopeJo wrote:
it is still considerably worse than it was before.

and worse still, it was diabolical to start with.
"
Iznuts wrote:
If you don't like doing maps then its probably time to take a break and find something else to play.

or maybe time for GGG to crawl out of their autistic windowlicking session and realise if they add exciting new endgame content that they can actually keep large parts of their player base who will otherwise do just that, leave the fking game and take their future supporter money with them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info