Delve Costing Changes

People need to relax. GGG is not perfect and still far ahead as one of the best gaming companies out there.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Chris wrote:
Our model (based on live gameplay data) showed that the changes in 3.4.3 would result in 25% more Delving for the average player who was playing at a given tier of maps. [...] We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

You know, "based on live gameplay data" is no seal of quality for the model - it does only show the STATE that was already considered PROBLEMATIC by players.

players will delve as deep as they can - whatever map tier they have. that's what you used to advertise the league to the players - test your build against an unlimited range of increasingly difficult content and get good loot - remember?

you promised a test of strength - not a test of map grind - so why build a "model" that predicts based on map grind? whoever build that "model" must be really out of the loop (force them to clock in another 1000 hours of play time, pls).

so in the end you implemented an UNLIMITED delve and thought players would stay within the LIMITATION of MAPS? ....ufff

and then your decision rested on said model? despite all the very clear feedback you got in the earlier announcement threads?

so...

what's player feedback for, if you do not consider arguments, but base your decisions on random "models" instead?
Last edited by PopeJo on Sep 21, 2018, 2:26:15 AM
Great news! Thanks for the update, looking forward to the patch.
hats off to Chris, thanks for the consideration!
-_-
better go use your sulphite. if i get chopped down from 18k when im not ready, while having 30k, i'll be fucking pissed beyond fucking words
The problem with delve league is expectations. Whether it was your intention or not, you got a lot of our hopes up about an alternative end-game. Instead, you gated it all behind the existing end-game. It really surpasses understanding why you would do that.
"
ArmaMalum wrote:
On one hand, I'm always impressed by your all's willingness to reverse/change decisions based on player feedback. On the other I feel this may have been a bit too quick on the draw. You're hitting all the right points as far as I can tell, don't get me wrong, but a lot of the blowback was (from what I could tell) people not understanding proportional increases and equivalent map:delve levels.

Granted playerbases have a nasty tendency to latch onto things so I can understand a measure of haste but I truly hope this isn't cracking anyone's confidence in their design. Don't let the knee-jerk naysayers get you down!

Problem is, the people who did understand the proportional increases knew this was going to happen last week. We said that this would be bad in the last manifesto. It is even worse for people who are stuck at T10 maps because now they are also stuck in delve too. If they want to make running T16 maps an incentive, players need a reasonable way to be able to unlock red maps and sustain them. Just like patch 3.4.3, they are ignoring the disease and treating the symptom. I don't see this patch being any better then it is now, especially for the people are stuck in atlas because of shitty map drop RNG.
"Don't Tread on Me"
"
PopeJo wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Our model (based on live gameplay data) showed that the changes in 3.4.3 would result in 25% more Delving for the average player who was playing at a given tier of maps. [...] We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

You know, "based on live gameplay data" is no seal of quality for the model - it does only show the STATE that was already considered PROBLEMATIC by players

Field test reckons its 25% from before patch now. So its 4x nerf.
Not 25% more at all. Actually opposite.
when will we see this change on x1?
guys first of all u should do something about the lag and the server disconections on Delve league ,i play like 5 minutes with tones of lag and then get disconected (this is happening only on Delve league)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info