Delve Costing Changes

Just make maps drop more in Delves. It would work much better if they would sustain one another rather than it only going one way. Right now you do maps to sustain delves. Then when you run out of sulphite, your time playing has not rewarded you with map sustain (as it would be if you were just playing maps).

At the end of the day, I have the same problem I've for a while now. My character is much stronger than the content I have available. I love this game, and I am glad it has done so well. I will continue to support it, but I just can't bring myself to play a character past 90 because it turns into a chore.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Sep 21, 2018, 2:05:25 AM
Please please please get it right this time.

Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 21, 2018, 2:03:10 AM
Path of fixes. You have to admit that your schedule is too fast to develop quality content. Bestiary was a mess, Incursion got lucky and now Delve was horrible during its first month. Fixes really make it better but the time is lost. I mean it, we're expecting 4.0 at the end of the year... And if it fails again at launch... Then your good times are left in the past, GGG.
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
+BILLION SUlPHITE
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
run higher maps should be more rewarding than lower maps. i agree on this patch update.

"
Chris wrote:
Today we deployed 3.4.3, which contained some large changes to how Sulphite is acquired and how Delves are costed.

Our model (based on live gameplay data) showed that the changes in 3.4.3 would result in 25% more Delving for the average player who was playing at a given tier of maps.

The place where this breaks down is for players whose map base is insufficient for the depth they are playing at. We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

Because of our use of an exponential curve, a difference in just a couple of tiers of maps has a very large difference in Sulphite gain, and this means that if you can't sustain Tier 16 maps, you will have a vastly different amount of Sulphite than someone who can.

In order to address this, we are reducing the ramp of Sulphite during maps, and we are changing the curve from exponential to linear. This means, for example, that the difference between someone sustaining Tier 16 maps and someone sustaining Tier 12 is much, much lower than before.

Let me wake you up from your dream. in delve I am only at a depth corresponding to tier 9 maps while I've unlocked tier 11 maps in the Atlas.
Your statements claims with current Sulpher gains I should get far superior Sulpher gains as my map clearance surpasses my delve depth.

Pre-patch: I needed to do approximately 1 tier 11 map to gain a long delve- path.

Post-patch: I need to do approximately 4 tier 11 maps alched rolled and vaaled to have barely enough for the same path.

So even in your explanation, your calculation is VERY wrong. And the only thing your statement does is lose faith in fixing this issue even more!

Also I can understand implementing a true fix takes time so please roll us back to Patch 3.4.2 until you have a properly calculated, tested and working Sulpher flow! Acting fast is the only thing that can save this league, making us force to wait for another patch, which from your statement sounds already VERY flawed yet again will kill this league before you can blink.
This.
"
Chris wrote:

Because of our use of an exponential curve, a difference in just a couple of tiers of maps has a very large difference in Sulphite gain, and this means that if you can't sustain Tier 16 maps, you will have a vastly different amount of Sulphite than someone who can.

I think "can" is different than "want to" and many of us didn't want to

Regardless, thanks for fixing this.
Last edited by Wraithexe on Sep 21, 2018, 2:06:20 AM
Great to see more communication from the t team with some context why certain things are done the way they are.

Great post

"
Dumdedoo wrote:
Let me wake you up from your dream. in delve I am only at a depth corresponding to tier 9 maps while I've unlocked tier 11 maps in the Atlas.
Your statements claims with current Sulpher gains I should get far superior Sulpher gains as my map clearance surpasses my delve depth.

Pre-patch: I needed to do approximately 1 tier 11 map to gain a long delve- path.

Post-patch: I need to do approximately 4 tier 11 maps alched rolled and vaaled to have barely enough for the same path.

So even in your explanation, your calculation is VERY wrong. And the only thing your statement does is lose faith in fixing this issue even more!

Also I can understand implementing a true fix takes time so please roll us back to Patch 3.4.2 until you have a properly calculated, tested and working Sulpher flow! Acting fast is the only thing that can save this league, making us force to wait for another patch, which from your statement sounds already VERY flawed yet again will kill this league before you can blink.

^^^ This.

I just logged in, ran map, got sulp from it and tried to run same lvl of delve as map was. The result was really awful in rate of spending.

And that was T6 map only!!
Logged out after this shortly.

Delve is not near to fun anymore.
And +25% is really miserable add to this. Not gonna save the situation.
Need a much better rethink.
Hopefully will.
Last edited by DarkJen on Sep 21, 2018, 2:10:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info