Delve Costing Changes

"
Miffy23 wrote:
The issue ain't with the game, there's nothing broken, you just ain't doing it right, to put it bluntly.

It's not my first league. I know that I am playing sub-optimal, yet it worked for me many times.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
This certainly sounds like an improvement, but doesn't actually address the root problem.

There's no reason for delves to be gated behind maps. When you announced delve league, you said that the goal of the delve mechanic was to keep the game fresh for longer, because many people were "done" with a league within the first month.

We're done with the league because we've farmed all of the maps we can stand to farm, and have nothing else left to explore. If you want to force me to spend 3 hours in maps for every hour of new content I want to do in delves, I'm just going to tell you to fuck right off with that, and quit at my usual pace.

You have failed in your goal of extending league life, and done so seemingly intentionally, by artificially gating the new content behind the boring old content.

Delve depth should be about how deep you can survive, not how hard you can grind maps. Literally everything else is already about how hard you can grind maps.

It isn't even like gating it is needed for loot reasons. Maps give 10x as much loot as delves (if you're doing the things that make maps rewarding: elder blob, sextants, zana mods, etc), so people still have plenty of reason to play maps if they haven't gotten tired of them yet.

Well go make a game then. Adress all these problems yourself. GGG is trying their Damn Hardest to make shit possible. They bend knee to the community and reddit when ever you guys complain. So honestly if you quit play something easier. The name of the company is GRINDING Gear Games. SO grind a fucking bit.
Just give us more sulpihte ffs GGG... you keep f...... up... we are ment to interact with the league mechanics but you keep making it harder for everyone... even your beloved streamers are bitching on Twitch... get your s... together.
Last edited by Drimli on Sep 22, 2018, 6:58:55 PM
Honestly, I didn't have any particular issue with this system until AFTER the update. I've been slowly shuffling along with my character, and the lowest sulphite amount to travel in depths around the 130's with monsters in the low-mid 70's was about 55 sulphite. The patch drops, and it doubles . . . I don't feel like messing with it, so I don't bother to do a delve for a day or so . . . and the cost has now doubled again. It now costs 251 sulphite to do the minimum distance. Which has now handily moved the league mechanic from a very interesting pasttime here and there in between maps, to a cumbersome, annoying slog . . . which I think the balance was meant to CORRECT? Just what, exactly, is the thinking here?

I was considering making more of an effort to interact with the league mechanic, but this is now so tedious that I'm now questioning its value beyond checking the challenge box. It's really unfortunate, because I really like this concept.

"
Miffy23 wrote:
"
obadonke wrote:
I'm beginning to realise how subjective and contextual opinions are on Delving. The changes appear to be working for me... with lvl 80 char, playing maybe an hour a day, haven't delved passed depth 80 and haven't even completed a Tier 5 map.

I wonder how I'm going to feel when I start trying to delve deeper?

Balancing this league for the majority of players is one hell of an undertaking. I hope GGG manages it though. I would very much like to see Delving as part of the core game.

It stay more or less the same, it only starts feeling really bad when you push way beyond the 300-400 range, before that you still get roughly 1 Delve node per Sulphite node (at good quantity rolls on the maps).

Honestly I believe the reason so many - especially more casual - players are frustrated is because they expected more of an alternative to mapping, instead of a traditional league mechanic deeply connected to mapping.

That hasn't changed compared to previous leagues, you always wanted to aim for high red maps in most leagues. But the attitude has.

Partially it's because of their miscommunication, they advertised delving as a form of Greater Rifts like in D3, which they really aren't.

Part of it is also due to people relying way too heavily on Quarry farming and now being screwed because they were lazy and didn't prepare their Atlas.

Personally enjoying it immensely and consider it one of the best leagues to date.

Hardly anyone did Quarry farm, that was just one other excuse by GGG as we saw at Beastiary, where they pretty much removed the six link beast, because of one guy abusing it.

Casuals play the game, they do not farm one map 24/7 or exploit.

Your insults through out this thread are nothing but nuisance btw. So people are lazy, if their atlas isn´t full? Do you even know how hard it is to even do the Zana maps?

It took me over a week to finally reach tier 8 influence maps, because neither springs nor toxic sewers were dropping or showing up at Zana.

Greater rifts from D3 ROS, also have a currency cost and are not well received by players at all. They are just done by some nerds, the rest left D3 long ago as they do not add anything new since years. D3 was best during Inferno days, where the acts still mattered and we had an AH.

What POE suffers under are people like you, people who insult casuals all day, calling them lazy or dumb, just because they play different (no trading, no leeching, solo...). Sadly, GGG is only listening to your kind, they ruined Beastiary like that and they are about to ruin Delve with this too.
Incursion was the worst league they ever did, a league only for 1% of the playerbase and if that is the future of POE, then you will sooner or later be all by yourself with your elite clique.

Congratz!
"
Well go make a game then. Adress all these problems yourself. GGG is trying their Damn Hardest to make shit possible. They bend knee to the community and reddit when ever you guys complain. So honestly if you quit play something easier. The name of the company is GRINDING Gear Games. SO grind a fucking bit.

I am always amused when I see someone who's never even pushed to 24/40 before tries to defend the levels of hypergrind you find at the far endgame (that they've never touched) and cites that the word "grind" is found in the developer's name.

I mean, you'd figure that, perhaps, as a company that ostensibly asks for feedback, that a player, y'know, posting feedback and suggestions would be WELCOMED, rather than attacked by players who apparently haven't even experienced the relevant stuff in question.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 23, 2018, 12:53:54 AM
"
Ygidua wrote:
Hardly anyone did Quarry farm, that was just one other excuse by GGG as we saw at Beastiary, where they pretty much removed the six link beast, because of one guy abusing it.

Your insults through out this thread are nothing but nuisance btw. So people are lazy, if their atlas isn´t full? Do you even know how hard it is to even do the Zana maps?

It took me over a week to finally reach tier 8 influence maps, because neither springs nor toxic sewers were dropping or showing up at Zana.

Greater rifts from D3 ROS, also have a currency cost and are not well received by players at all. They are just done by some nerds, the rest left D3 long ago as they do not add anything new since years. D3 was best during Inferno days, where the acts still mattered and we had an AH.

What POE suffers under are people like you, people who insult casuals all day, calling them lazy or dumb, just because they play different (no trading, no leeching, solo...). Sadly, GGG is only listening to your kind, they ruined Beastiary like that and they are about to ruin Delve with this too.
Incursion was the worst league they ever did, a league only for 1% of the playerbase and if that is the future of POE, then you will sooner or later be all by yourself with your elite clique.

Congratz!

They are here to maintain their self-esteem by feeling superior over "filthy casuals." No reason to argue with them, they are not here for constructive arguments.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
shiftnative wrote:
"
Apachy wrote:
Too late.

Not intrested anymory.

Delve is BORING and TEDIOUS.

Period.

Alright, bye.

Hey fuck you buddy. He's expressing himself and how much he dislikes the change of events. Saying "alright bye" makes you look like a dick.
"
hogscraper wrote:
Why was this even changed to begin with? Things were mathematically impossible in some cases? So yet again not even cursory glances at changes being made...
Just so you guys at GGG understand, this mentality of changing the game based on the ridiculous assumption that the average player has 120%IIQ and completes T16 maps in 120 seconds, (then making changes around this stupidity), is why I went from spending $30 a month in your store to absolutely nothing since Abyss.

I couldn't have said it better.
"
Ygidua wrote:

Bullshit. Everyone was doing Quarry farm, ESPECIALLY at lower and mid tier map range, because it was that much more efficient at that level. The only people mostly not touching Quarry were the people farming red maps like myself, because red maps were still more efficient and gave returns at the same time.

Hence why nerfing the Quarry farm, as necessary as it was, had a huge impact on the low to mid-tier mapping crowd.

Don't get me wrong - that's entirely on GGG, not the more casual players. But it's a fact nontheless. I'm not blaming the players for using something plainly in the game.

"

Who the heck are you even talking about? Mapping IS playing the game, the atlas is the core element of endgame. Just fyi I never, ever shape my Atlas to farm specific maps and I have no idea what you are on about with "exploits".

"

"Insults"? I think your grasp on the English language is tenuous, at best. There, that's a mild insult.

People aren't lazy if they haven't completed their Atlas, but if they, like you down below apparently, are incapable of opening up trade to get maps they miss while progressing (which saves you hours and hours and possibly weeks of time for practically no investment), I have to question your grasp of the game mechanics.

Every league people come in to the forums and whine about lack of "access" and being "excluded" from content. When the only thing holding them back is their approach to the game, or inability to comprehend the mechanics.

Look, there's a discussion to be had about delving, what it means for PoE meta and the implementation of it in this league. There are plenty of issues to tackle there.

But what most of you are returning to in your complains is your inability to get a grip on the Atlas system. Is that maybe something to examine more closely and rework with a larger audience in mind? Possibly. But so far I doubt the necessity of that, given that the formula PoE has been following has been a smash hit and the game has been exploding in popularity over the past couple of years.

"

So you buy the maps that don't drop, and then you have them unlocked. Gee, progressing maps is truly an arcane mystery, only unravelled by sweaty basement-dwelling nerds.

"

Oh right, you mean when the game crashed and burned, literally NOBODY except the ultra-hardcore streamers and no-lifers were playing high Inferno (because it required playing the market and absurd stats to even be viable), and casuals left the game in droves. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

"

Congratz!

I want some of what you are smoking. No really, I think it would be an amazing experience to be that high.
Last edited by Miffy23 on Sep 23, 2018, 5:19:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info