Delve Costing Changes

I guess someone entered their numbers wrong, unless I am reading wrong long delves are supposed to be 25% less in sulphite cost yet mine seem to have gone up by 25%. Frustrating as hell now I cant afford to go anywhere will have to backtrack to a lower level and farm to up my sulphite capacity. GRRRR.

Edit: Just saw the post above mine, graph with lines for linear and exponential and I can see where it has benefits but I just checked some of my costs and some have gone up by 3-400% which is well above my sulphite capacity very frustrating means I'm going to have to spend time going backwards and sideways. So while it may benefit me later it has really screwed me right now.
Last edited by Lily_LeFay on Sep 21, 2018, 3:54:23 AM
You know when you call someone over an announcement, you want to buy his shitty car, boat or whatever, you know for sure the price is like 10k, but then the guy ask for 50k, so you just hang because even if you haggle with him, there is no fucking way you'll be able to reach a normal deal.

Well that's what this fucking discussion sound like.
"
The place where this breaks down is for players whose map base is insufficient for the depth they are playing at. We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.
Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

Well yes!

For me I almost never ever push my char to the max what they can do in maps due to I just can't stand the RNG map drop progression..
After a while I just get feed up enough that I roll a new char, not that I reach whats the max map level I can do.

With Delve I can continue down without any RNG getting in my way.
So of course will I push futher in delve then in maps.
"
Lily_LeFay wrote:
I guess someone entered their numbers wrong, unless I am reading wrong long delves are supposed to be 25% less in sulphite cost yet mine seem to have gone up by 25%. Frustrating as hell now I cant afford to go anywhere will have to backtrack to a lower level and farm to up my sulphite capacity. GRRRR.

Yep, as per the post directly above yours, everyone doing T12 or lower maps is now punished with around 25% less sulphite gain per map and about the same increase in price per delve to run - while the 0.01% able to sustain and run maps higher than that it's 25% more sulphite gain per map on top of being massively cheaper per delve to run.

It's a giant kick in the balls to all the 99% of regular player, to appease to complaints of what appears to be about 4 twitch streamers.............
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Sep 21, 2018, 3:56:53 AM
"
Thanks for listening to the playerbase. These changes sound like they will help.

Either the irony is strong in this one or..... no forget it..... I will not risk a ban.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Sep 21, 2018, 4:26:41 AM
"
Lily_LeFay wrote:

I don't think they said 25% cheaper delve costs did they? If I remember correctly they said 25% more delving which indicates to me they thought the sulphite income rate compared to the sulphite expenditure rate was improved, rather than the delve cost being reduced.

Unfortunately, I am willing to bet they based this calculation on the idea that all Niko nodes are equal in how long they take to find and click. Which is of course absurd.

Don't get me wrong, I think the new system is about as stupid as anyone, but I don't think they made this specific claim.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Lily_LeFay wrote:

Yep, as per the post directly above yours, everyone doing T12 or lower maps is now punished with around 25% less sulphite gain per map and about the same increase in price per delve to run - while the 0.01% able to sustain and run maps higher than that it's 25% more sulphite gain per map on top of being massively cheaper per delve to run.

It's a giant kick in the balls to all the 99% of regular player, to appease to complaints of what appears to be about 4 twitch streamers.............

This sounds about right to me as well.
"
klintz wrote:
Its like your putting a carrot in front of us and asking us to chase it with the ability to never catch it.

Take a closer look. It's an orange painted dildo! ;o)
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Another patch brought to you by the good people over at reddit.
Okay i still don't get it. My costs (~330 depth) have been lowered significantly, 1290 per shortest node -> 730.
My friend's costs (~240 depth) have been lowered less significantly, but still, 760 for the shortest node prior, 585 now.
What exactly am i missing here? Which depths suffer an increase in costs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info