Delve Costing Changes

OK.

After this change I did a T13 map with 70% quantity and got like 625 sulphite.

Which doesnt even allow me to travel 1 single Block in Depth 380 (2 minutes of delving)!

Im done... WHY DONT YOU LET US DELVE? :(

Last time I started the game for a while, thats for sure.
Last edited by brainyyyy on Sep 21, 2018, 4:40:34 AM
GGG wants you to play(grind) as long as possible. If you quit after a month who will buy new cosmetics? Guys it's a business and not charity. All "free to play games" have a similar mechanics and you can whine as long as you want, but this never gonna change.
"
brainyyyy wrote:
OK.

After this change I did a T13 map with 70% quantity and got like 625 sulphite.

Which doesnt even allow me to travel 1 single Block in Depth 380 (2 minutes of delving)!

Im done... WHY DONT YOU LET US DELVE? :(

Last time I started the game for a while, thats for sure.

Depth 380 is approximately 140 (? give or take) levels lower than the map tier you ran. Meaning you are aiming to do content that is several tiers above T13 in terms of scaling and returns.

Why are you expecting to push content far beyond T16 for practically no opportunity cost?

Or think of it this way - the current implementation of delve lets players access content FAR beyond their current map pool for no additional cost except for having to run your maps. And yet people are still complaining?

You really have to protect the playerbase from itself sometimes.
"
Chris wrote:
At the same time, we are still retaining the thing we wanted to actually fix, which is that maps are a lot more rewarding than non-maps for progressing in Delve.

Yes, and this is exactly where you fucked up, excuse my language.

People wanted to do Delves instead of mapping. They find a workaround to do this. You closed the option. They quit. It is that simple.

I played more in this league than any other, and also enjoyed it more. Got two chars to levels 90+ (just one in many leagues before). I enjoyed delving without thinking about map sustain and being forced to do lower tier maps that no longer bring any meaningful exp. I did a few maps here and there, but Quarry was my main entrance to the content I wanted to play (as you enforced entrance-fee to the mines). Then the patch went out, I looked at the costs, and exited the game. Probably for good, ending this league prematurely. I wanted to play it until the very end, but you will not force me to break rocks even more. This is a game, for gods sake, not the penitentiary institution! The league name is "Delve" - that is what we are supposed to do! To test ourselves against the hardest unlimited dungeon, not against the longest grind to enter it. Guess there are more people like me who will probably quit for good.

And this is amazing to watch - you guys hit the gold mine (literally), that had the possibility to become alternative end game for people that hate doing maps or are bored with them, and yet you are vain enough to let this opportunity die out. Everything else in this (end)game is tied to maps, why the unlimited dungeon also needs to be? Nerf the rewards, heck, make it there are no rewards at all, but just let us delve as much as we want. You opened the door, and nothing will stay as it was - either embrace the new possibilities, or watch the significant part of your player base dissipates pretty quickly as you are forcefully preventing us from doing what we want.
Thanks for responding quickly to feedback.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
This is amazing.

Watching the team making the same mistakes over and over again, league after league, patch after patch is a great example of human psychology.

Damn, you guys still amaze me.
Day 2 you should have just straight up removed sulphite from all zone acts when players get to lvl 75. quarry cheese fixed.
When you fuck up, you're always pretty quick to fix the mistake GGG.
And you listen to feedback.
That's why I love you.

xD

Now, can someone unmute me in ingame chat?
Last edited by TheDudeOfGaming on Sep 21, 2018, 5:09:39 AM
"
People wanted to do Delves instead of mapping. They find a workaround to do this. You closed the option. They quit. It is that simple.

I totally agree with this statement.

I had been having a blast, a league that gave me the opportunity to do something different, and have a bit of fun. Maybe it was a little bit "too easy" but it is a time limited league that gives people something to do that is a "bit different".

Beforehand I was sceptical about "chasing a cart in a tunnel system" but I soon found I really liked everything about it; Good pace, loot, and finally an alternative to T10+ maps which to my liking is way too cumbersome. (having to trade with people, that half the time dont respond to your whispers is frustrating, I want to play, not waste my time)

The adjustment feels like a real bat to the face, can hardly do more than 1 delve at lvl 127, and it kinda broke my spirit instantly.

I think I will abandon this league, and go play other games that are more fun and more rewarding (in the greater sense of the word, not just Lootwise)

Can't bear to have to run 2+ maps for a single delve, fuck that.
this just isn't good enough for me. roll back all the delves changes in the patch please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info