[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

i have a question to the red dream/red nightmare jewel.
was only able to get the red dream so far, but working on the upgrade..expensive as hell...
so for the red dream it says you have to kill the things to get the endurance charges and not your minion.
problem is really that i dont kill stuff because my crawler kills everything and i dont get charges.. so is it only worth to
use the red nightmare for the block or do i do something wrong that i dont get the endurance charges?

Hello!

Thank you so much for the build. Its awesome! Im kinda new to PoE, been playing RG Jugg last league, WOrb this league, but finally I have found a build that I like playing! I have just put it together, so there are plenty of gear mistakes. I love the gearing flexibility, still not sure what Im gonna do but that theorycrafting is the best part of PoE for me.

What did I miss that my maximum of block is only 82 and not 83 as in the title of this thread?

I am also interested in the Red Nightmare, does it not generate Endurance charges because we dont kill stuff and we have it only for the block? I have max block in the fight constantly due to Violent Retaliation, why should I buy that and the corrupted Anvil?

Thank you!
"
misanuff wrote:
Hello!

Thank you so much for the build. Its awesome! Im kinda new to PoE, been playing RG Jugg last league, WOrb this league, but finally I have found a build that I like playing! I have just put it together, so there are plenty of gear mistakes. I love the gearing flexibility, still not sure what Im gonna do but that theorycrafting is the best part of PoE for me.

What did I miss that my maximum of block is only 82 and not 83 as in the title of this thread?

I am also interested in the Red Nightmare, does it not generate Endurance charges because we dont kill stuff and we have it only for the block? I have max block in the fight constantly due to Violent Retaliation, why should I buy that and the corrupted Anvil?

Thank you!

The last % maximum block comes from his shield corruption.
Even if it is the best corruption, as every thing in this build, it is not mandatory.
You can also aim for +5% maximum life, x% of phys damage taken as Elemental damage, +5% block chance (and so you can get Hatred 20% increased on your amulet), etc..

The red nightmare is used mostly for block chance yes, allowing you to get rid of Advancing Fortress for a better claw (Gemini for mana leech, Minions damage increase, Intimidate on hit, LGoH on blinded enemy, chance to poison, etc..).

Note that you can get "some" kill, and so endurance charge by linking culling support on Tempest shield. You probably wont be able to rely on these charges during boss encounter but you still got the 11% more damage from culling against them as you kill them at 10% of their remaining life.

Violent retaliation suppose you to have taken damage already.
Meaning that hit that proc this passive, didn't proc tempest shield, and so didn't proc your curse, meaning :
- lower dps from projectile weakness
- lower LGoH an no frenzy for your minion from Poacher
- no debuff from Temporal chain.

It also mean that you life pool is used already, so if next hit you are unlucky, it might end up badly against heavy and fast hitter (exemple : 2 bullet of shaper, or whatever).
In fact, maxed block vs maxed with violent retaliation chance to take two hit in a row are : 2.89% chance with maxed block with items, 4.25% if you max it with violent retaliation.
That's 150% more chance to be dead or in a panic situation vs hard hitting bosses.

Violent retaliation is a good way to fill your few missing % til you can have them maxed with stuff, yet I wouldn't advise to theorycraft your endgame character with this block chance source.
double post sorry
Last edited by BaKouneT on Apr 1, 2019, 9:47:06 PM
Thank you for the answers! Seems I have found gold here, not only perfect build but also very friendly people around the build. Thank you, have a nice day! :)
what am i actually looking for with elemental equilibrium? less cold res because of hatred? so that would mean that i cant have any added cold damage anywhere on my gear, right?
"
CPTCAIPI wrote:
what am i actually looking for with elemental equilibrium? less cold res because of hatred? so that would mean that i cant have any added cold damage anywhere on my gear, right?

Yes exactly.

You can't have any cold damage to YOUR attack on your gear and you should have light or fire damage somewhere.

The minion benefit from EE but don't proc it (so you can have elemental damage added on minion attack on your jewel for exemple, it is useless but it doesn't matter).
Last edited by BaKouneT on Apr 1, 2019, 12:52:49 PM
Yee I use Fire element, and Physical to lightning with crawler. seems good!
Sometimes i get quite a lot of damage by desecrate, i think.
Is this just happening sometimes, or is there anything i do wrong? maybe there is a gem order?
current gem order -> CWDT (lvl1) - Desecrate (lvl7) - Spirit Offering (lvl 6) - Convocation (lvl20)
Last edited by CPTCAIPI on Apr 2, 2019, 11:13:15 AM
"
CPTCAIPI wrote:
Sometimes i get quite a lot of damage by desecrate, i think.
Is this just happening sometimes, or is there anything i do wrong? maybe there is a gem order?
current gem order -> CWDT (lvl1) - Desecrate (lvl7) - Spirit Offering (lvl 6) - Convocation (lvl20)

The desecrate you cast will never deal any damage to you or your allies, so thats not the case. Looking at your character the only thing I can see is that you don't have 82/82 block without the conditional block modifiers, so that could solve some of the dmg spikes. With betrayal as a core you're no longer safe with negative chaos res, so you could also look into getting some more chaos resistance.

What situations are you in when you take a lot of damage?
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info