[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
Truppensturm wrote:
With Herald of agony and hatred 96% of my mana pool is reserved. This is just enough to use abyssal cry and shield charge.

It is however not enough to proc the curse on hit or the cast when damage taken setup.

I don't have enough currency to buy an enlighten support at the moment. Is there any other way to fix this issue while saving for the enlighten gem?

The cast when damage taken setup doesn't cost any mana, so that one isn't any problem. If you want some extra unreserved mana you can however pick up reduced mana reserved nodes close to the templar start.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
blekotacz wrote:

-Recknoning, put it into your Tempest Shield, Curse on Hit setup and you are now AFK killer. Since we block a lot, recknoning triggers every 0,4s, it is cursing everything and also poisoning so for example Delve encounters can be done from bathroom :)

I'm giving this a try right now. My character at this point doesn't have quite enough life gain on block/total life to pull this off completely safely but it is close. It's a very clever idea, thanks.
I wonder could i use Spectral shield throw with this build somehow?
"
lmaoayyy wrote:
I wonder could i use Spectral shield throw with this build somehow?

You could. Sst, spectral throw, or lancing steel should all work decently if you want a range setup for building virulence stacks
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
And using these new rings in this league, the Circle of Nostalgia type. How much better does this build ???
So umm, yeah I recently bought a 6l for this build. Hit this in 90 chromes... somehow.

is 4g 2r a viable set up? lol
Last edited by PoniesAndDaggers on Mar 24, 2019, 3:14:00 PM

finally
Last edited by DrDurdle on Mar 24, 2019, 5:54:21 PM
i managed to get my hands on a the surrender shield this league. already leveld a glad to 54.
very fun build so far. cant wait to equip the shield. have some nice options in mind to combine it with the crawler.
hope it will be as good as think it will be 😂
As I can fit a banner in the build I was looking for explanation about war banner, dread banner, impale and its interaction with generosity.

War banner :
around 9% more damages according to PoB
Accuracy bonus is irelevant
Stack only on self kill (which can be hard to max even with Cull Tempest Shield)

Dread Banner :
Stack on hit
Give 3% evade chance (6% when placed)
Double fortify effect (40%) for 50 sec when placed
Gives 20% impale chance to you and your minion.

Sadly I couldn't find anything conclusive about how Impale works.

Let me explain from what I got : our hit and our minions have chance to impale.
Then the next 5 hits will make 10% of the physical damages of the impaling hit.

20% chance of the banner, then 5 hit. For simplification let's say every hit (not counting the first one of a fight) will get that bonus.

As physical damages represent 40% of our HoA damages, it would mean 4% MORE damages.
If the impaling hit calculated is on of the HoA.

So it is twice less than war banner, BUT it also gives an useful defensive boost when placed AND it is easy to stack, opposed to war banner.

But the problem is : is the impaling hit taken in account for next HoA attacks would be one of HoA's or ours? Because if it ours, it sucks as we do no damages. And as we hit more often than him, probabilities are against his DPS if so.

Is the impale stacking? We impaled, he impaled, next hit will proc the increase damage of our two impaling hit.
In that case, then no conflicting problem.
And in fact, if our hits proc his impale effect, it might even better than supposed.

And how generosity impact all that? Does it prevent us to impale (solving case 1) or doesn't it as it seems generosity and banner way of interacting is unclear according to various post I read.

I'm asking here, because an answer might help other people using this build as well.

Last edited by BaKouneT on Mar 25, 2019, 4:28:56 AM
i run War Banner with Generosity to give the Accuracy Bonus to my Herald of Agony and Purity Bros

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info