Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

Overall not too bad, but unlike very other league since Prophecy I do not get high tier maps. I am not even able to sustain T9/T10 and I am trying for more than a week now. No red map drops. Not even one.
So more sulphite in high tier maps sounds nice but helps me nothing.
At this point of the league I am normally running T11 and above only. I dont know whats wrong this time. My char is level 91 and I have 92 Atlas bonus.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
QQ [...] QQ [...] QQ

Are you going to stop spreading your salt everywhere at some point ?
yes when all ad hominems and crappy pseudo-memes are annihilated
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Way to ruin a great league mechanic, because reddit nerds cried again. You are doing Bestiary mistakes all over again...

Do you realize that in SSF, we do not have access to all those high tier maps? Do you realize that by making the sulphite costs higher, that we normal people will not be able to run Delves anymore, because we simply put can´t pay the costs for it?

GGG for gods sake, stop listening to people on reddit and stop balancing your game around trading. If a Delve at 200 will cost 10k sulphite, becaue a T 16 drops 2k, then this is not a good solution at all.

We should not be locked out from Delves, just because we don´t run T 16 maps 24/7.
"
Ygidua wrote:
Do you realize that in SSF, we do not have access to all those high tier maps?

What? Delve is my third SSF league in a row, and I already have more red tier maps than I can spend. Both Bestiary and Incursion I farmed shaper as much as I wanted, and I had like 50+ spare guardian maps when the league ended.

The mine is a perfect addition to PoE end game. Please GGG, keep it as it is. Balance it and improve it, but make it core. There's no going back after this.
Last edited by Dex8172 on Sep 14, 2018, 7:57:25 AM
Best Leauge ever!! I am so happy, that we get one mine for all Exiles.
Now we can make new Exiles.

Delve Support inc. now!!
"
Dex8172 wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

What? Delve is my third SSF league in a row, and I already have more red tier maps than I can spend. Both Bestiary and Incursion I farmed shaper as much as I wanted, and I had like 50+ spare guardian maps when the league ended.

The mine is a perfect addition to PoE end game. Please GGG, keep it as it is.

Not everyone is a no life person.

I played Beastiary from start to finish and found maybe 20-30 red maps. Incursion was a dead league for casuals and now I am already struggling with tier 4 maps, that don´t drop at all.

If they raise the costs for delving because they expect everyone to farm T16 24/7, then this league will be dead.

GGG always does the same mistake, listening to fotm power gamers that do nothing but playing POE. What about everyone else, do those people not matter? We don´t need sulphite cost increases, we actually need more sulphite rewards that are accessible and red tier maps are not accessible at all.
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
Overall not too bad, but unlike very other league since Prophecy I do not get high tier maps. I am not even able to sustain T9/T10 and I am trying for more than a week now. No red map drops. Not even one.
So more sulphite in high tier maps sounds nice but helps me nothing.
At this point of the league I am normally running T11 and above only. I dont know whats wrong this time. My char is level 91 and I have 92 Atlas bonus.

This

"
Higher-tier maps will grant significantly more Sulphite, but their corresponding depths will cost more Sulphite than before.

This might bottleneck more people than what they are trying to do...

I could see people that arent be able to susbtain red map but that want to push delve to be getting the same problem we are currently prior to that fix
Loving those changes but hate to hear that you are only looking at high level maps.
The main complaint that I hear is that early to mid level mapping doesn't give you enough sulphite, high level maps are generally regarded to give more sulphite than quarry farming.
Maybe item quantitiy affecting sulphite gains will help with this but right now it sounds like this change will limit the ammount of delving that you'll be able to do during the early and mid stages of endgame and only really open up high level delving once you hit red maps. And with the increase to sulphite cost it would nerf quarry effectiveness so you couldn't farm decent ammounts of sulphite anywhere until you reach the late stages of endgame.
I really hope that the high level sulphite gains will only be relevant for depths 200+ and that you will be able to do depths 80-200 delves regularly through white and yellow maps.
Nerfing quarry farming is fine as it's an unfun way to gain sulphite but it is the early and mid level delving action that needs work, high level seems to be alright once you hit tier 14/15/16 maps.
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Dex8172 wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

The mine is a perfect addition to PoE end game. Please GGG, keep it as it is.

Not everyone is a no life person.

The league is only starting, you have all the time you need to play until it ends still.
No problem there.

The game isn't and will never be balanced around SSF, it revolves around trading.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Thanks for being transparent on your plans how to fix Delve.
There are some good ideas, but I doubt that you made a good decision with regards to sulphite.

Suphite is the entrance fee to play the game called Delve. That is an obvious choice you've made and something that can work out, if there wouldn't be the issue of how sulphite is gathered by most of the players.

Why do you think, that players farm Act 9/10 content to play Delve at map tiers?
The reason is because access to Maps is much harder than the access to Delve.
Suphite is the by-pass of the Atlas mechanic to T16 content.
One can farm it at any level and it can provide access up to T16 content.

Therefore, even after your correction ppl will farm Act 9/10, because it is free to access. There is no need to do map farming to get finally the suphite to play the content one is looking for.

The key issue is that only sulphite connects Delve with the rest of the content. Without sulphite everything else could be ignored and ppl are actually looking for this.

Delve is a great addition to game play, but please take the time to rethink how Delve can natuarlly blend unto existing game play.
At the current state, Delve is a different game that is artifically connected with suphite to the rest of the game.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Sep 14, 2018, 8:13:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info