Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

state of the game is pretty sad but still fun, only items that sell is div cards, uniques, and maps. normal 1 ex rares are worth like 5c. its fun running 15 t15 maps and losing 300c cause u 100% depend on map drops to break even
So, sulphite is still in the game. Yikes.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
The Sulphite change is AWESOME.

Mine sharing? Not so much, I still feel like the initial plan was spot on and this destroys the fun for me.

Level of competition is going to be much lower after this update. I mean, If I wanted to be the best delving Berseker now, hell that would take some skill, time and really good build. Now? I will just rush it with Delve optimized character and here you go, will just jump right in there with my poor crappy Zerk.
"
Chris wrote:

In order to correct this, we are going to rebalance both Sulphite gain from higher-tier maps, and Sulphite costs in the mine. Higher-tier maps will grant significantly more Sulphite, but their corresponding depths will cost more Sulphite than before.

So what are the numbers on these? Is running higher tier maps for sulphite going to feel better than it does currently or is this just going to nerf Quarry while keeping the map:delve ratio the same?
Cap delve ride to 1000? It's only 4 T16(24C*4) for 1 ride... Seems balanced.
yeah cool, but still farming sulphite in t16 maps costs me an heavy load of choas orbs per map, while getting it from from act 9 costs pretty much zero.

ok fine, farming in act9 needs time, but also getting 20+ chaos for a t16 map takes time.

in the end, farming sulphite in the quarry is still more efficient to me.
(despite the fact that after few runs in act 9 i feel like i have to puke)

but hey, it's fine, since poe looks more like a chore now than an actual game.
this completely ruins delve for me.

i like being able to start a whole new delve. what is the point of sharing them? just share mineshaft depth and leave it at that.

but forcing us to map for sulphite completely misses one of the reasons delve is so popular: many ppl are tired of mapping and delve provided an interesting alternative.
i'd rather delete my char then be forced into maps.
"
Afghani84 wrote:

Personally, I enjoy the storyline and the leveling process. Playing mostly SSF, I like the idea of the lone exile trying to survive, slowly collecting gear upgrades to then challenge tougher content, bosses and depths. So I prefer a fresh start. It even fits in better lorewise. I don't mind the extra time it takes to get a new character to a certain level or depth again. And from what I read here and on reddit, I am not alone.

If you think about it as some kind of lore point, then having an account-wide delve progress makes sense: there's this hole in the ground that turns out to be a big system of caves & tunnels, and you're an explorer trying to glean the mysteries hidden there and mapping it out for the world... and each new char is building on that story, exploring further out and/or deeper.
So thinking of it that way, it makes sense to have a consistent world down there, which is adding to the known surface world (a1-10).

On the other hand, the whole sulphite thing gets old fast, being forced to spend a lot of time grinding out some entrance fee currency just to be able to enjoy the league gimmick feels tedious & boring, precisely because it IS the barrier to the entrance that is preventing me from exploring the hole in the ground.
Great changes!
I rly like the map-delve-map-delve thing.
Support more group mining would be great.

I hope the azurite Mine gets basiccontent after temp leaque!
Will tzat happen?

Greeting to GGG
Great Patches this Year!
Not sure I like the Sulphite rebalance changes. Definitely not at Depth 200. Maybe it makes sense for later. After Delves being introduced, I stopped to like maps, I just run them without interest to get Sulphite. Well, we'll see how it goes.
Something something a divider between posts

📸 Screentober 2021 🦚 — Please Participate!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3182966

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info