[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

3.9 PoB: https://pastebin.com/yfKE5eHJ

[3.9] - Small numerical minion nerfs, but build is still buffed higher than before 3.8. Some people are concerned about the armour buffs to monsters, note this is largely irrelevant. Highly recommend this build for 3.9 given it's boss league and this build excels at bossing.

PS - we famous! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zvnkg5Fniw
"
Yrzi wrote:

Minion movement speed reductions and minion damage gem reduction comes to mind.
But since this build does mostly physical damage the new armor on mobs will hurt even more.

The armor is not that bad, only like 3800 physical damage mitigation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QYoQUVRYa8&t=15m33s
"
3.9 PoB: https://pastebin.com/yfKE5eHJ

[3.9] - Small numerical minion nerfs, but build is still buffed higher than before 3.8. Some people are concerned about the armour buffs to monsters, note this is largely irrelevant. Highly recommend this build for 3.9 given it's boss league and this build excels at bossing.

PS - we famous! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zvnkg5Fniw

Thanks for the update and grats for the recognition, its still my favorite build.
Thanks for the writeup! Thinking about starting this in 3.9. In fact I pretty much decided I will.

I noticed that HoP and HoAg are both Physical Spells. Both scale very well from skill level. Is there some way to work a Cold Iron Point into this build? Cyclone mana sustain can be handled with a blood magic and it seems like the main thing that gets lost is life on hit.

Also, does Carrion Golem have a place here? Carrion Golem wants you to have at least 8 non-golem minions; this build seems to run 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 non-golem minions. It's also a Physical Spell if running CIP.

Hi there :)
First thanks for the great build! I have several questions regarding this build:

- Is this a facetanky and selfsustain build while leveling and the first t1-5 maps? So its realy hard to die with this build even while standing in bad things?

- is the leveling speed atleast decently fast or very slow?

My brother wants to play the same spec and hes realy realy bad at the game ( dont know any skill mechanics from the enemys , cant evade stuff , doesnt look at his health very often ). Thats why i ask these questions :D.
"
Enterich wrote:

- Is this a facetanky and selfsustain build while leveling and the first t1-5 maps? So its realy hard to die with this build even while standing in bad things?

This is the fastest and smoothest leveling/league start I have tried over the years, you dont need any specific uniques and even with just rare items you find you destroy everything.

While leveling I stick to Smite, Holy Relic, War Banner, Zombies at the start and drop them once I get Herald of Purity and dual wield all the way to maps.

Once you hit maps you want to look for a Gemini Claw and craft one with chance to poison and attack speed and switch to the end game build with cyclone, holy relic herald of purity and agony crawler, which is really tanky thanks to life on hit, fortify and shield + very easy to play since you are just shield charging and cycloning, easy to avoid mechanics and if you get hit you instantly regenerate back to full.
"
Yrzi wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:

This is the fastest and smoothest leveling/league start I have tried over the years, you dont need any specific uniques and even with just rare items you find you destroy everything.

While leveling I stick to Smite, Holy Relic, War Banner, Zombies at the start and drop them once I get Herald of Purity and dual wield all the way to maps.

Once you hit maps you want to look for a Gemini Claw and craft one with chance to poison and attack speed and switch to the end game build with cyclone, holy relic herald of purity and agony crawler, which is really tanky thanks to life on hit, fortify and shield + very easy to play since you are just shield charging and cycloning, easy to avoid mechanics and if you get hit you instantly regenerate back to full.

Thanks for your great and detailed answer!

Maybe i misunderstood something i am reading the leveling section actualy:

Do i have to play until maps to use herald of agony? i thought a league starter always uses the mainskills from the beginning.

Is this build still fast/tanky/sustainable even when not using herald of agony and instead one of the in the leveling section adviced skills?
"
elmasone wrote:
Thanks for the writeup! Thinking about starting this in 3.9. In fact I pretty much decided I will.

I noticed that HoP and HoAg are both Physical Spells. Both scale very well from skill level. Is there some way to work a Cold Iron Point into this build? Cyclone mana sustain can be handled with a blood magic and it seems like the main thing that gets lost is life on hit.

Also, does Carrion Golem have a place here? Carrion Golem wants you to have at least 8 non-golem minions; this build seems to run 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 non-golem minions. It's also a Physical Spell if running CIP.

If you get -5 mana cost to channeling skills on your jewelry you can use Cold Iron Point, and it's probably quite good. Note, you'll have less recovery. Carrion Golem is viable in the build, but I'm unsure where you get socket space for it - maybe with new item influence types we can get a nice 3-4 link on 1h or boots etc. You can drop Cyclone links, but I highly recommend keeping the current pseudo 6L setup as a core of this build is the tankiness and recovery. You can try dropping the Cast When Damage Taken setup for a 3L and see how it goes.
"
Enterich wrote:
Thanks for your great and detailed answer!

Maybe i misunderstood something i am reading the leveling section actualy:

Do i have to play until maps to use herald of agony? i thought a league starter always uses the mainskills from the beginning.

Is this build still fast/tanky/sustainable even when not using herald of agony and instead one of the in the leveling section adviced skills?

Well you can play with it when you get it but its not that good for leveling but doable for sure, also you will have mana problems until you get a good claw that has mana on hit if you are using cyclone, you could try smite or molten strike before that but you will never really get that many stacks for agony crawler to do proper damage

And yes its a very strong leveler, follow the melee skill tree until you are ready to switch to cyclone and agony crawler and spend you respec points then.

I havent tried the other leveling methods so cant comment on those, always had a very easy time with smite, holy relic and herald of purity in 3-4 links and dual wielding (war banner and clarity for support)
I'm sorry maybe this question was answered before but i cba to search all 80 pgs for it.
Question is this SSF viable ? If yes any pointers ? (im mainly worried about farming this one The Coming Calamity)
Last edited by Michajela on Dec 12, 2019, 2:14:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info