[3.4] Ghost in the Delve - Permanent Phasing Cold Cyclone QOTF. 1M+ Dps for bossing.

Introduction:
This is a Permanent Phasing, Dex Stacking, Cold Cyclone speed build optimized to maximize profits from delves. A combination of high evasion, 46% dodge, 50% spell dodge, permanent blind, and 20% block makes the build avoid 95% of all attacks and half of all spells with 78% all resist. This allows the build to quite safely run through hoards of monsters to reach the treasures hidden in the dark. When a tough boss appears we simply switch out the cyclone gem for blade flurry, achieving 1 million dps quite easily. At the time of writing my character is only lvl 90 but with current gear has achieved over 700k cyclone dps and just over 1 million Blade Flurry.

Passive Tree:

Ascendancy:
The only way this build works is with Raider. First head towards Avatar of the Slaugher, then go for Avatar of the Veil as your Uber Lab. As soon as you get Quartz Infusion in merc lab, have your Ahn's Heritage, and the fragility jewels you will have permanent Onslaught, Phasing, and 78% all resists.

Gear:
Spoiler

Weapon-

This will be the most important part of your gearing. The shaper mod +2-4 cold damage per 10 dex is what makes this build possible. Try to get attack speed and crit as well. IMPORTANT! Needs to be gemini claw for Life and MANA on hit. This allows us to sustain in the dark by cycloning through mob packs.

Shield-

There is only one option here, it is the heart and soul of this build. This highly underrated shield will give use permanent Onslaught which will trigger our Quartz Infusion. The extra +3% all resists is also very nice. We will be using 2x Fragility Jewels to trigger the tasty effects at all times. Try to get a physical converted to X corruption on this slot, it wont be very hard as the shield itself is only 1c.

Boots-

Another no brainer in this slot, these bad boys give us roughly 8k evasion on their own at endgame as well as some tasty spell dodge. Another 1c item.

Belt-

No surprises here, another must have. Try to get as high a roll as you can. More dex = more damage.

Helm-

The helm is more flexible, though Starkonja's is hard to beat. Get whatever you can that has high dex, high life, and crit. I went with cyclone speed enchant but that is personal preference.

Body Armor-

If you want to zoom around delves Queen of the Forest is the only option. If you want to have a little more durability you could go with The Perfect Form, Kintsugi, or a rare crit craft. Should be noted that if you really want some staying power, taking Iron Reflexes with The Perfect form gives about 55% phys mitigation and maintains 50% evade and dodge. I might go this route once I hit deeper delves.

Amulet-

This is another flexible slot. I personally chose to go with The Pandemonious for the guarenteed blind and cold pen. A good rare amulet with Crit, Crit Multi, Life, and Dex could be a good alternative but you will lose out on quite a bit of evade from losing blind.

Rings-

Rings are where you are going to make up your resistances and stats. Try to get ones with Crit, Wed, Crit Multi, Dex, Str. Prioritize Stats > Resists > Life > Damage mods.

Gloves-

Same story as the rings, need to get your resistances capped up to 78%. Aim for Life, Attack Speed, and flat cold if you can.

Flasks-

Pretty generic here. Try to get a good Wise Oak and a Taste of Hate if you are able. No need for a freeze flask since we are immune to all elemental ailments.

Jewels:
Spoiler

Two Fragility Jewels are mandatory to make this build work. I highly recommend adding a Cold Steel to the node under the claw circle as it adds just north of 90% increased cold damage by itself. The Watcher's Eye with 8% evade while under the effects of Grace is not to be underestimated. By itself it can reduce the amount of hits you take by 44% at endgame.

Gem Links:
Spoiler
Chest -
Cyclone, Ice Bite, Added Cold, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Hypothermia, Concentrated Effect/Increased Critical Damage

Helm-
Vaal Grace, Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit, Frostbite/Assassins Mark

Shield-
Cast on Damage Taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration

Weapon-
Cast on Damage Taken, Blade Vortex, Power Charge on Critical

Boots and Gloves-
I am currently experimenting with different setups here, I am not happy with the current setup. Right now I have CWDT, Cold Snap, Curse on hit, Frostbite. This seems to work okish and it is nice for bosses but I am open to suggestions.

Bandits:
Spoiler
I helped Alira for the resists, mana regen, and Crit Multi.

Iron Reflexes:
Spoiler
By swapping some crit multi out for Iron Reflexes this build can sport a pretty respectable 55% phys mitigation. You keep your dodge and blind on top of it and is a tanky alternative if you dislike the evade playstyle. If you do decide to do this, make sure to swap out QotF for a better alternative.

Path of Building:

Videos:

Closing:
This build has been a blast to play and has had little difficulty in clearing any content I've thrown at it. Delves are it's forte but Shaper and Elder have been easy to do as well. Mapping has also been very steady and enjoyable. If you see anything that could help fine tune this guy please let me know below!

EDIT-
*Added Videos
*Build hits depth 300, still feels good and can go deeper.
*Hi Speak Easy Gaming
Last edited by harrow on Oct 30, 2019, 7:47:19 PM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2019, 3:24:51 AM
Very interesting and different build, any tips for lvling pls ?

"

Pretty standard stuff really, go sunder at lvl 12 and ride that until you are comfortable with cyclone. Pick up heralds in act 2 and grab a goldrim's. I switched to cyclone around cruel lab. Aim to get your life nodes in the beginning and work down towards the elemental dmg in the bottom right then to the life nodes under duelist. From there it is just adding more life and all the cold damage. Aim for crit nodes towards the end.
"
harrow wrote:

"

Pretty standard stuff really, go sunder at lvl 12 and ride that until you are comfortable with cyclone. Pick up heralds in act 2 and grab a goldrim's. I switched to cyclone around cruel lab. Aim to get your life nodes in the beginning and work down towards the elemental dmg in the bottom right then to the life nodes under duelist. From there it is just adding more life and all the cold damage. Aim for crit nodes towards the end.

Thanks, i'll give it a try.
Hoefully this build is capable to break the 320ish Delve Wall :)
Currently at delve level 267, still going strong. Ill post another video around 350
Last edited by harrow on Sep 13, 2018, 2:07:21 PM
Looks like a great build, could you post a video of some non-delve stuff? I haven't been that deep so it's hard to relate to the mobs.

You could use frostbomb instead of cold snap for -25% cold res pene on slow moving mobs.

I'll try this after my current build fails.
"
You could use frostbomb instead of cold snap for -25% cold res pene on slow moving mobs.

I tried that out, and the 2 second duration is kinda pathetic. Honestly the cwdt setups don't proc all that often and the duration of the cold snap's spreading chilled ground just gave overall more benefit.

As for more video's I fully intend to put up quite a few more of various content. Izaro in uber lab, Elder, Shaper, red maps, and any city bosses I can find.

For context, that delve in the video had monster level 82 mobs which is the same as Tier 15 maps.
Interesting build, thinking of giving it a go, the only gemini claw i can see with the dex cold thing and attack speed on trade is 10ex. eeek. Would the build suffer much without the added attack speed on the wep?
"

Interesting build, thinking of giving it a go, the only gemini claw i can see with the dex cold thing and attack speed on trade is 10ex. eeek. Would the build suffer much without the added attack speed on the wep?

For the longest time the only mods on my weapon where the dex mod with added added lightning. The Dmg obviously will be better with a better weapon but just a Gemini with adds cold to dex is plenty to get you started.
"
harrow wrote:
"

For the longest time the only mods on my weapon where the dex mod with added added lightning. The Dmg obviously will be better with a better weapon but just a Gemini with adds cold to dex is plenty to get you started.

That is good to hear. I am enjoying the build so far just got to level 42, time for a break to ponder life the universe and everything :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info