[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
Darth_Swiss wrote:
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Darth_Swiss wrote:
Stagsnetti,

I am looking to run this build but haven't played a minion build before, I was wondering why we dont use a animate gaurdian setup of some kind? I like the ability in theory and like this build was wondering if there is a way to still work it in?

yeah you can work it in if you like, I'm just lazy - I don't believe it gives you enough dps/utility to justify the slots. My previous iteration used raise zombie/animate guardian/spectre in a +2 minion helm with socketed minion life.

I played a pure phys version last leauge with abyssal jewel stacking and that's what i'd recommend this time. Just swap zealotry for pride and you're good to go.

Sockets are a premium on this build, I'd rather add in dash or steelskin for more defensive options. Each to their own hah, I probably should have a run of the build in leigon, see how it goes.

I can see that being a issue, usually i'm good at shifting gems, but this setup is pretty well optimized... I may just try to 1 gem it (maybe in the 6L for skeletons? Or with spectres?)

Now the abyss stacking got alittle nerfed this league, you dont see +40 life rolls very often, which is the new max, so that hurts this builds life pool alittle but with 9k you can probably spare it lol

another thing to consider is using the new double block chance jewel, and returning to bone offering. Should be able to cap spell block pretty easily
Is there a 3.7 skill tree for the physical variant of this build? Or any updated tree for that matter?
"
wired_wicked wrote:
Is there a 3.7 skill tree for the physical variant of this build? Or any updated tree for that matter?

Hey tree is the same as 3.6, I'll be running this build as my next char so yeah just fiddling in pob atm
Deathless T15 Map Clear Showcase for those who are interested in: https://youtu.be/APRaEA0yOxw
Is it normal that killing Shaper Guardians takes forever?
Im trying to ressurect my old build, have lvl19gems without qual atm.. but can´t belive that getting 20\20 would kill the bosses 50x faster.

Not sure what im missing, same gem setup, Pride even in the ring.
But I have an old 3.4 tree or smth.. definetly do not have as many jewels as you have in few pages ago in pastebin..
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Sep 1, 2019, 6:45:44 PM
"
HDTanel wrote:
Im trying to ressurect my old build, have lvl19gems without qual atm.. but can´t belive that getting 20\20 would kill the bosses 50x faster.

But I have an old 3.4 tree or smth.. definetly do not have as many jewels as you have in few pages ago in pastebin..

Hey,
You are using an old version of the build. It should be tanker with less damage but I've noticed you've got a few fundamentals wrong.

For starters, you are using brutality support on your clear, with elemental jewels. This is the big one. Brutality support removes all elemental and chaos damage from supported skills. Just a quick glance over and you can see every jewel bar two only have chaos/elemental damage. This means they aren't helping your damage. EE also does nothing when you use brutality

Secondly, Pride is only level 5, that's significantly less damage than a level 20 gem. You can have more auras like zealotry, Aspect of the spider or war banner since you aren't BM yet. You can drop the ring as it's not needed anymore

You also aren't using a curse. Then on your weapon swap you are the old elemental build (which uses hatred, not pride) this was made before phantasms were in POB (they are broken again but that's a different story).

so, for your single target phantasms, you are penetrating cold resistance (of which you have nearly no cold damage) Reducing their physical resistance (of which you only are using a 5l (essentially) a lvl 17 phantasm gem means you only have 19 phantasms too, so that's 5% less dps already.

You also haven't got your last ascendancy point, which can be another 5-10% depending on other factors.

If you are using skeletons for single target, you are missing the Skeleton ascendancy point. This is like.... 50% more damage (minions have shit base accuracy)
Last edited by Stagsnetti on Sep 1, 2019, 7:26:38 PM
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
HDTanel wrote:

Hey,
You are using an old version of the build. It should be tanker with less damage but I've noticed you've got a few fundamentals wrong.

For starters, you are using brutality support on your clear, with elemental jewels. This is the big one. Brutality support removes all elemental and chaos damage from supported skills. Just a quick glance over and you can see every jewel bar two only have chaos/elemental damage. This means they aren't helping your damage. EE also does nothing when you use brutality

Secondly, Pride is only level 5, that's significantly less damage than a level 20 gem. You can have more auras like zealotry, Aspect of the spider or war banner since you aren't BM yet. You can drop the ring as it's not needed anymore

You also aren't using a curse. Then on your weapon swap you are the old elemental build (which uses hatred, not pride) this was made before phantasms were in POB (they are broken again but that's a different story).

so, for your single target phantasms, you are penetrating cold resistance (of which you have nearly no cold damage) Reducing their physical resistance (of which you only are using a 5l (essentially) a lvl 17 phantasm gem means you only have 19 phantasms too, so that's 5% less dps already.

You also haven't got your last ascendancy point, which can be another 5-10% depending on other factors.

If you are using skeletons for single target, you are missing the Skeleton ascendancy point. This is like.... 50% more damage (minions have shit base accuracy)

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah I just fiddled a littlebit around with items after not touching it since I started it like.. year ago or more?
I read you said Phys is now better so thats why I used Brutality and Pride. Jewels are random ones indeed and not as many.. just wondering if I change all should we get already a decent DPS for guardians?
Played with Tornado Shot and Barrage most of league and I killed the guardians in like 1-3 sec Barrage. So thats kind of what I wanna do.. is it even possible atm?
Mathils actual cat
"
HDTanel wrote:
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
HDTanel wrote:

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah I just fiddled a littlebit around with items after not touching it since I started it like.. year ago or more?
I read you said Phys is now better so thats why I used Brutality and Pride. Jewels are random ones indeed and not as many.. just wondering if I change all should we get already a decent DPS for guardians?
Played with Tornado Shot and Barrage most of league and I killed the guardians in like 1-3 sec Barrage. So thats kind of what I wanna do.. is it even possible atm?

yeah... not really. TS is mechanically superior as is barrage. Soulwrest isn't bonkers for single target damage. I'll be testing out a little trick next league though so... stay tuned. The build is better at mapping, If GGG change how off screening mobs work Soulwrest would equal or surpass TS in terms of clear speed.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:

yeah... not really. TS is mechanically superior as is barrage. Soulwrest isn't bonkers for single target damage. I'll be testing out a little trick next league though so... stay tuned. The build is better at mapping, If GGG change how off screening mobs work Soulwrest would equal or surpass TS in terms of clear speed.

TS is good but I already felt I was clearing T16 Yellow packs very fast with my broken build.. BUT.. as I came up to Minotaur or any other guardian.. litterally didn´t even tickle them lol.
So I thought maybe with the new added insane minion gems it could get insane?
Anyway yeah need to figure out why the single target is abysmal and this should be an insane build.
Mathils actual cat
Hello once again Stag! I was playing an MF variant of your build a few leagues back and I will follow your guide once again the upcoming league. It's just too much fun and the necro changes look juicy!

While I'm at it, any thoughts on the new ascendancy? At first glance it looks like options expanded while the baseline stayed.

Very excited already, can't wait to pull the horde through packs again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info