[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
dominatorTA wrote:
why I die to t7 bosses

You don't have life gain on hit elder rings. You don't have a watcher's eye neither, but it's not needed for mapping really. Life gain on hit is the whole point of the build, every magma ball heals you for a combined ton so that combined with a high life pool you basically never die.
Last edited by Whurthic on May 5, 2019, 7:34:14 AM
Guys can someone explain to me why this guide wants us to have Physical damage to rings and jewels?, Looking under (Useful Tools (Warning! contains awesomeness) It says, "physical damage, res & also consider looking for melee dmg" ??? okay, I thought avatar of fire converts 50% of physical cold and lightning to fire and the rest has no effect, so having any atk mod other then Fire dmg to attacks and Elemental dmg would be just a total waste or am I missing something here?

Also why on earth would we want melee damage when balls are projectiles?

And whats the reason we have Ancestral protector in our 4 linked boots?
Am I missing something here to? Does people not like Bloodrage on autocast insted of a useless totem thats not placed when hit?
Last edited by Dwedan on May 5, 2019, 2:44:33 PM
"
*ele ref is possible on a 3L, i swap for any other helmet with molten strike-multistrike-ancestral call. (no elder mods!)
i still do enough damage, yes! i tested it, still melts red map bosses :)
you can add Greater Multiple Projectile to further reduce the damage of each ball and increase the tankiness with more ball.

How do you get this to work? Do you have to take off Xoph's blood too? I'm calling bs on this. I've tried and the damage is too low plus I still die
"
Dwedan wrote:
Guys can someone explain to me why this guide wants us to have Physical damage to rings and jewels?, Looking under (Useful Tools (Warning! contains awesomeness) It says, "physical damage, res & also consider looking for melee dmg" ??? okay, I thought avatar of fire converts 50% of physical cold and lightning to fire and the rest has no effect, so having any atk mod other then Fire dmg to attacks and Elemental dmg would be just a total waste or am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here to? Does people not like Bloodrage on autocast insted of a useless totem thats not placed when hit?

MS already converts 60% of physical damage to fire damage so with avatar all physical damage is converted to fire. The magma balls damage is based on your weapon attack damage so increases to your weapon damage will increase damage to the balls. From the wiki

"

Modifiers that require the keywords Melee, Projectile, or AoE only apply to the appropriate portions of the attack. For example, supporting Molten Strike with

Melee Physical Damage Support
will increase the damage of the melee hit but not the projectiles. That said, passive points that grant Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons for example will in fact affect the projectile attack as well if one is using a one-handed weapon, since it is still an attack that is dealt with a melee weapon (though the damage you're dealing is not actually melee damage).

Magma projectiles: Unmodified projectiles will deal (72 to 87.96)% of full weapon damage, of which 60% of physical is converted to fire damage. Supporting Molten Strike with Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support or Greater Multiple Projectiles Support will increase the number of projectiles fired while reducing their damage, but will not affect the initial melee hit in any way. Since the projectiles are not a melee attack, Strength's melee physical damage bonus does not apply (unless the player has Iron Grip).
"Melee Physical Damage Support
will increase the damage of the melee hit but not the projectiles.

Sounds to me that melee damage from Crafting like rings dosnt work, the physical damage seems right but are you sure its 60+50? and not 100x0.6x0.5?

And again any idea why Ancestral protector in 4 link?
"
AgentChunk wrote:
"
*ele ref is possible on a 3L, i swap for any other helmet with molten strike-multistrike-ancestral call. (no elder mods!)
i still do enough damage, yes! i tested it, still melts red map bosses :)
you can add Greater Multiple Projectile to further reduce the damage of each ball and increase the tankiness with more ball.

How do you get this to work? Do you have to take off Xoph's blood too? I'm calling bs on this. I've tried and the damage is too low plus I still die

LOL
i just used another helmet.
you are not supposed to run ele ref anyway.

"
Dwedan wrote:
"Melee Physical Damage Support
will increase the damage of the melee hit but not the projectiles.

Sounds to me that melee damage from Crafting like rings dosnt work, the physical damage seems right but are you sure its 60+50? and not 100x0.6x0.5?

And again any idea why Ancestral protector in 4 link?

melee dmg wont buff the projectiles.
i didt make the excel so i cant edit it.

put the totem anywhere you want, i said it wont proc with CWDT.

the fact that you only deal fire damage doesnt mean your phyz dmg is ignored.
you scale phyz dmg and then convert it to fire.
60% is already converted with the MS skill itself.
the rest is converted with AoF.

you cant convert more than 100% of your dmg.
"
Dwedan wrote:

The totem isn't useless. Read what it does. It gives attack speed while active. The whole reason you take it is for the attack speed steroid.
"
Whurthic wrote:
"
dominatorTA wrote:
why I die to t7 bosses

You don't have life gain on hit elder rings. You don't have a watcher's eye neither, but it's not needed for mapping really. Life gain on hit is the whole point of the build, every magma ball heals you for a combined ton so that combined with a high life pool you basically never die.

oh F man, the elder rings cost too much

life 7-8 ex

will 1 ring with 20 on hit be enough?
Last edited by dominatorTA on May 6, 2019, 11:34:22 AM
"
dominatorTA wrote:
"
Whurthic wrote:
"
dominatorTA wrote:
why I die to t7 bosses

life 7-8 ex

Just use a Thief's Torment (like it says in the FAQ), it's like 8 chaos. Personally I'm still using it and I've done Uber Elder - the resists are great and it would cost me a lot for elder rings to be an upgrade (more resists in other slots, mana jewels with life/attack speed etc) so I just don't bother with them.
Last edited by Whurthic on May 6, 2019, 4:35:08 PM
"
dominatorTA wrote:
"
Whurthic wrote:
"
dominatorTA wrote:
why I die to t7 bosses

life 7-8 ex

Seriously? I paid less than 1ex for each of my elder rings and that was like 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on May 6, 2019, 6:22:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info