3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

Hey folks.. playing Dom Blow this league. At lvl 88 now and starting to get into high yellow // low red maps. Have 7k life, pretty decent gear overall. Just watched some of the map clear videos from OP.

I notice the life just SPIKES hard at various points, for me especially at the beginning of a run when I have zero or few minions. Any thoughts on how to counter-act this? I _hate_ dying.

Thinking about swapping most mana reservation for Enfeeble+Temp Chains, but not super excited about the notion of dropping supports out of HoP.
Last edited by Gescom on Dec 11, 2018, 7:13:29 AM
"
Gescom wrote:
Hey folks.. playing Dom Blow this league. At lvl 88 now and starting to get into high yellow // low red maps. Have 7k life, pretty decent gear overall. Just watched some of the map clear videos from OP.

I notice the life just SPIKES hard at various points, for me especially at the beginning of a run when I have zero or few minions. Any thoughts on how to counter-act this? I _hate_ dying.

Thinking about swapping most mana reservation for Enfeeble+Temp Chains, but not super excited about the notion of dropping supports out of HoP.

You can try a lvl 8 cwdt setup with imm call+increase duratio+molten shell for starters.
From what i remember i used Haste+4 link HoP (with low mana multiplier supports like faster attack)
You could swap Haste for a blasphemy + temp chains/enfeeble, your choice. Actually that Haste aura isnt that much of a damage buff , you can only use Vaal Haste for damage burst when needed.
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Using the cwdt+immortal call+convocation right now... intend to sneak increased dur in there, as well as soon rocking a max level chaos golem over stone golem.. but I still feel its going to be very insufficient to not die at 90+ in red maps to big hits. :{
"
Gescom wrote:
Using the cwdt+immortal call+convocation right now... intend to sneak increased dur in there, as well as soon rocking a max level chaos golem over stone golem.. but I still feel its going to be very insufficient to not die at 90+ in red maps to big hits. :{

Everyone dies....sometimes :D

Stay safe exiles ;)
"
dr0guletz wrote:
"
@dr0guletz nice to see you still keeping forum active and replying.

I did some summon builds last league and ended with dom blow before stopping early on last league and doing another one this league.

Any thoughts on hungry loop ring set for either convocation or maybe animated guardian? Not too sure.

convocation seems cool since you can buff your minions every time they teleport to you. Not sure how well it would work or what gems to use in it though.

Also I see one of your earlier replies saying the minions aren't doing much damage? Is that because you did not go guardian and went champion?

Hi there, well the fact that minion will not be doing the majority of the damage is intentional.
I`m planning to be the main damage dealer in the melee-summoner hybrid setup.
You'll see in my champion variant, that i`m running this league, in the paste bine posted in the guide, that i have around 1.5 mil dps (with t1 gear i mean) and my minions have around 130k dps each (x9 sentinels) so thats another milion and something dps.
What i thought was the downside of the Guardian build was his attack speed , and the fact that you had to rely on summoning the minions through hits, not having any damage yourself...so, in a scenario that you would not summon any minions, or they die as soon as they appear, you would be fu**ed ...for sure.

I only use convocation as a CWDT setup, to easly call my team by my side for insta burst damage, and probably some projectile damage mitigation (as they do take some of the projectiles themselves)

The upside of the guardian was his tankyness, one way i wanted to compensate that on my Champion is with very high attack speed, that will give us the chance to dodge skills with whirling blades with lightning speed if needed. (plus fortify and loads of armor and stuff)

I`m happy you like the build, but it's actually just a personal opinion about who's better in what case, in the end, everyone will chose what suits their play style more. This league, i wanted speed (farming AND boss killing) so i went with the modified champion and until now ....it's working BETTER than i thought possible to be honest.

That's interesting. In my helm I use solar guard spectres and will try to make gear to give me more. I like them for clear speed, but for later bosses, not sure what spectres will be the best for end game bosses.

Using soul taker wep atm... sadly i like leap slam and cant use it with claws this league x.x

I do need to save up for a belly... but I am having problems killing the immortals sometimes. They just won't die fast enough and tend to hit pretty hard. Do you have any suggestions?
Sadly i can't think of anything but trying to boost your minion damage, that's why i started my Champion variant, i needed to feel like i matter in that me vs. boss scenario ...
IF you do have enough minion damage that minions shred bosses, focus on attack speed to summon them faster, maybe a Vaal Haste , ancestral protector + onslaught flask for that 6-8 seconds of BURST speed ...

Stay safe exiles ;)
Did a Witch version this time around. Overall feels much better tbh. Esp since the Guardian notes do pretty much nothing. Crusader slam has high cd ~10 sec + using melee splash makes it useless.
Witch giving some nice QoL, duration, speed, better spectres and perma bone offering for your AND your minions survival.
Sitting at around 7-9 attacks per second atm and almost block capped, hence 0 problems at bosses.

https://pastebin.com/N3epsHj3

Will try the champion version next I gues:)
Having some success w/ blasphemy temp chains ++ enfeeble (using that new shaped amulet) and dread banner.

I SHALL NEVER DIE

Died twice to phys reflect yesterday though, rofl. It's entirely fine until rare sentinel gives massive phys damage aura buffs. Oopz.
Last edited by Gescom on Dec 12, 2018, 3:29:40 PM
"

That's interesting. In my helm I use solar guard spectres and will try to make gear to give me more. I like them for clear speed, but for later bosses, not sure what spectres will be the best for end game bosses.

Using soul taker wep atm... sadly i like leap slam and cant use it with claws this league x.x

I do need to save up for a belly... but I am having problems killing the immortals sometimes. They just won't die fast enough and tend to hit pretty hard. Do you have any suggestions?

Best spectre for endgame bosses is probably enhanced vaal fallen in an essence insanity elder helmet with minion damage and/or concentrated effect.
"
Gescom wrote:

I SHALL NEVER DIE

Died twice to ..........

Sry but i really laughed at this , either it's really funny or it's too early in the morning for me :))))

Stay safe exiles ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info