3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

"
kilgorek wrote:
"
dr0guletz wrote:

It is already obvious that this build shreds maps, is tanky as hell and clears about everything, but ...there always is a "but" ...it has issues at boss fights, bigger or smaller depending on the boss fight.

Whaaat? HOLD MY BEER...

Uber Atziri Down - https://youtu.be/4X-pdtfatYQ

I guess you can upgrade the title ;)

I put the video in the video section, and while i`m on this subject i wanted to ask you if you have any suggestions on updating the initial build guild, i mean sections.
Maybe with variants budget/high tier , phys / ele, progression,visuals in general, etc.
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Last edited by dr0guletz on Oct 17, 2018, 1:34:19 AM
"
dr0guletz wrote:
"
Grafael wrote:
I'm fairly new to the game, I've been playing for less than 2 months and this is the second build I've used until endgame content.

Been using the build for like 1 week.

It's been awesome so far, but since I had troubles balancing resistances, life, attributes and mana, I had to go for these gear choices.

(Not really using vaal clarity for anything, just lvling it up)

I have 3 socketed gems on my passive tree which are

At the time I'm sacrificing some minion damage for resistances and life, until I get better jewels.

That leaves me with 6.8k hp, 0 ES, capped resistances and 200 mana with decent mana regen (It'd be better if I hadn't leveled down Clarity to try some stuff.)

And yeah, I had to use Goldrim to cap my res, I tried using Lightpoacher but it wasn't enough to cap my res, and I didn't even find a 2 abyss sockets one, so I didn't have a better option.

I've done t14 maps with pretty much no issues, but I'm stuck in map progression since I'm broke at the time after 6 linking my belly and haven't done t15 maps.

Your setup is ok, for the moment, but you need to invest in some abyss jewels, change those rings for rings with res/life/attk speed maybe and start saving up for a lightpoacher with the +1 HoP sentinel uber enchant.
I can see from the community that is trying out the build that 2 scourge's are better than 1 in most cases.

You're on the right track anyway, just keep at it.

Update, I changed my helmet, got something that only had the resistances I needed and some life as well.

I ended up with 7k life - 200 ES, but it wasn't cheap considering my situation and ended up with only 10c on my stash, I'm going to get the jewels for sure, but I have to do a little bit of farming.
Before getting this helmet I went to the Maze of the Minotaur map, died once because I played poorly and a second time because I fucked up and activated the Clarity in my scourge which left me with no mana to activate HoP and I didn't notice, had to go fight the minotaur that way and played it a little better, leaving him with 1/3 of his hp, when I fixed my problem I had no trouble defeating him.
So I'd say that I only died because it was my first time fighting him.

Also, I like the slightly bigger mana pool and regen, so that's why I'm using 2 Essence Worms, if I start to have troubles because of the lack of minion damage, I'll have to change my helmet and rings, and get rid of the clarity.
Last edited by Grafael on Oct 17, 2018, 3:01:53 AM
If you are on a budget and still looking for an upgrade I would recommend buying a new helmet, base - Bone Helmet with +2 to minion / 40% increased minion dmg.
Then I will move your Herald of Purity with all links there - you will get lv22 HOP with links and +40% minion dmg for start.

Then I would seriously consider grabbing something which will allow you to generate mana on hit.

Its very cheap and should help a little.

I would recommend also gathering dexterity on your equipment. It will be easier later on.

Drop Essence Worms - HoP has already big mana reservation
Drop Vaal Clarity

If you are still on yellow/early red maps why not to use dual Scourge?

Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 17, 2018, 5:18:46 AM
"
dr0guletz wrote:
"
kilgorek wrote:
"
dr0guletz wrote:

It is already obvious that this build shreds maps, is tanky as hell and clears about everything, but ...there always is a "but" ...it has issues at boss fights, bigger or smaller depending on the boss fight.

Whaaat? HOLD MY BEER...

I put the video in the video section, and while i`m on this subject wanted to ask you if you have any suggestions on updating the initial build guild, i mean sections.
Maybe with variants budget/high tier , phys / ele, progression,visuals in general, etc.

In general, I think your guide is very good but still, you could add some things:

- 2 separate parts for full phys and ele hybrid version of the build
- in both parts there could be a budget/high tier gem/gear setup
- both builds can and actually are using Spectres and Animate Guardian - this could be also addressed
- and of course "3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP- Shaper & Uber Atziri down (Video)

this should be more than enough to help people to understand how to build their setup.

As for the Uber Atziri fight it's really embarrassing how many mistakes I did. Starting from turning OFF by accident my Haste aura on Vaals, ending up with NOT changing melee splash to Ruthless on Uber Atziri (lol). I realized that after I killed her... Anyway this is ~1ex cost fight so I was super nervous all the time. Now its time for Uber Elder... :)
"
kilgorek wrote:

Now its time for Uber Elder... :)

Can't wait to see it.
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
"
kilgorek wrote:
2 separate parts for full phys and ele hybrid version of the build

May be better to separate those builds.
Look what we did by starting each of the original build ;)

Red Elder for me :)
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Big thanks to everyone here who's like me and brainstorming ways to min/max this build!
"
dr0guletz wrote:
"
kilgorek wrote:

Now its time for Uber Elder... :)

Can't wait to see it.

just wasted like 6sets... best try was around 25-30%. This is hell...
Maybe tomorrow ... today it's enough... This black shit on the floor. I try to kill Propagators but sometimes it looks like I am not generating ANY mobs on them...

Spoiler

I need to be more accurate and focus on killing those squids...
Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 17, 2018, 6:06:06 PM
"
kilgorek wrote:
Whaaat? HOLD MY BEER...

Nice !
GGG can give us the ability to create normal sentinel of dominance when you kill magic ennemies, because you have often 3 sentinel of dominance in the areas between each bosses. It's like turning off some boosts for the others builds ;)
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Last edited by titides on Oct 17, 2018, 11:26:19 PM
Ok, guys here is the thing. I have noticed that yesterday but I thought that it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Today I have analyzed all videos taken from yesterday and two tries I had a couple of minutes ago.

It seems that you cannot generate Sentinels on Madness Propagators (squids which shit on the floor and make the encounter unbearable) while they have their ES on. They spawn with shield and you simply cannot summon anything using HoP or DomBlow while hitting them. If you burn down their ES skills start to "connect" and minions begin to spawn.

This small thing actually makes this encounter 200% harder. You just stand there knee deep in all kind of degen/balls/other shit and try to generate your dps while Shaper and Elder are simply destroying life in the arena.

I don't know if its just this encounter or this is true for all ES shielded mobs. I haven't noticed that before while mapping or delving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info