Exception - Unable to create index buffer

I was getting this error today.

While running merciless labs.. each time I crashed when I started fighting what's his face (the boss dude) in Aspirants Trail.. Happened two times.

I never experienced this error.. or any other for that matter tbh..

I am not sure what fixed it for me. After I updated my GPU drivers and disabled Neversinks loot filter, no more error..

Played for well over an hour.. ran lab and delve, no issues..

Hope it stays this way and I hope this helps someone else..

"
Thadenkeen wrote:
I was getting this error today.

While running merciless labs.. each time I crashed when I started fighting what's his face (the boss dude) in Aspirants Trail.. Happened two times.

I never experienced this error.. or any other for that matter tbh..

I am not sure what fixed it for me. After I updated my GPU drivers and disabled Neversinks loot filter, no more error..

Played for well over an hour.. ran lab and delve, no issues..

Hope it stays this way and I hope this helps someone else..

What loot filter are you using now?
https://i.imgur.com/yrvE2ie.jpg

Still an issue as of 3.4.3
I'm getting pretty fucking tired of this. Copypasting the email I sent tech support today as I'm too lazy to paraphrase it.

"
Still an issue as of today.

I have reduced the frequency at which this crash happens by a noteworthy amount by downgrading my videocard driver to ones that were released near the start of Incursion League (I had no issues back then,) as well as changing from NeverSink's item filters provided on filterblade.xyz to the item filter hosted here: http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/StupidFatHobbit/

I have not had enough free time to do further debugging, and both those changes were made at the same time. I would also like to point out that there is at least one other user experiencing the same issue as I, while running the desktop version of the same videocard that I have(NVIDIA GeForce GT 750 / 750m.) Other users have also reported switching to dx9 mode prevents the crashes entirely (although at unplayably low framerates in most cases.) I hope this information helps provide some insight.

For anyone curious, you can see the glorious response times:

3.4.3c

Yep, I'm getting this too. It won't even let me open the game.

EDIT: Since it only happened after my driver updated, I tried reverting that. No good, must be the POE patch. :(
Last edited by WarDragon on Sep 28, 2018, 10:05:58 PM
Bump? Any word on this?
"
WarDragon wrote:
Bump? Any word on this?

The game won't crash if you play it in DX9 mode, but I wouldn't classify it as playable. Average framerates will be notibly lower, and you'll die to frame freeze lagspikes frequently, caused by large amounts of on hit effects I assume.
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
"
WarDragon wrote:
Bump? Any word on this?

The game won't crash if you play it in DX9 mode, but I wouldn't classify it as playable. Average framerates will be notibly lower, and you'll die to frame freeze lagspikes frequently, caused by large amounts of on hit effects I assume.

I'd be willing to give it a shot. How do you get to DX9 mode? If it's in the in-game options it won't help me, because mine crashes before it ever makes it to the login screen.
Has GGG released a solution to this in any way? still a major issue for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info