Exception - Unable to create index buffer

So, switched to DX9. and didnt get single exception. But game performance is kinda poor, FPS are like on rollercoaster while up, while down,game crashes sometimes, when alt+tab to desktop, game loads long time, but atleast i can play.
Last edited by Kminek666 on Sep 6, 2018, 4:18:41 AM
The dx11 crash is still happening as of the time of this post.
Yeah bumbidybumb. Finally managed to get past act1. Still crashing often tho.. Tried different drivers, disable msiafterburner, closed all programs besides poe. No help..

EDIT: Latest exception crash was while idling in act2 town while in bathroom, so it doesn't seem to be skill/mob related.

Gona try DX9 when I find will to play again.
Last edited by juzz on Sep 8, 2018, 7:38:19 AM
Still an issue as of today. So far I've tried reinstalling directX, and deleting the prod config file, at the (very slow) request of the support team.
This is happening to me too quite frequently. Certain things seem to trigger the crash more than others. For example, when using certain item filters I crash far more often.

I've crashed in maps, while idling, etc. It's very random. And it's very odd that the item filters increase the frequency.
"
Banedaemon wrote:
This is happening to me too quite frequently. Certain things seem to trigger the crash more than others. For example, when using certain item filters I crash far more often.

I've crashed in maps, while idling, etc. It's very random. And it's very odd that the item filters increase the frequency.

For the sake of debugging, can you try reinstalling DirectX from the dist folder in your poe installation? Then try deleting production_config.

I'd also like a copy of your dxdiag and a screenshot of your sound tab, both for debugging on my end, if you're willing.
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
"
Banedaemon wrote:

For the sake of debugging, can you try reinstalling DirectX from the dist folder in your poe installation? Then try deleting production_config.

I'd also like a copy of your dxdiag and a screenshot of your sound tab, both for debugging on my end, if you're willing.

I ran the DX installer (in redist) + deleted the production_config. Also deleted all "cache folders" in My Games\POE folder.

Here's a link to my DX Diag Sound tabs:
https://imgur.com/a/521omnj

And the rest of the DX Diag output:
https://textuploader.com/dv4sw

So far no crashes after about 5+ hours. Then again, I didn't get a crash yesterday until I was idling for 30 minutes.

Initially it was the NeverSink custom filter I was using which would cause the crash more frequently (every 15-45 mins.) After I switched to using the 64 bit version of POE, the stability went way up. I had accidentally created a shortcut to the 32 bit version. So far just using the 64 bit version has helped loads with keeping the crashes at bay.

We shall see if it crashes again ever after the suggestions you mentioned + deleting the cache files. So far so good.

I'm glad it's not just me XD I run an eGPU which tend to be buggy/unreliable anyway. But it's actually been VERY stable for me in every game I've thrown at it.

The other thing I've read that have helped others with the crash is disabling multi threading. However this would be game-killing for me since I have a weaker dual core CPU.
Last edited by Banedaemon on Sep 14, 2018, 9:09:37 AM
"
Banedaemon wrote:
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
"
Banedaemon wrote:

I ran the DX installer (in redist) + deleted the production_config. Also deleted all "cache folders" in My Games\POE folder.

Here's a link to my DX Diag Sound tabs:
https://imgur.com/a/521omnj

And the rest of the DX Diag output:
https://textuploader.com/dv4sw

So far no crashes after about 5+ hours. Then again, I didn't get a crash yesterday until I was idling for 30 minutes.

Initially it was the NeverSink custom filter I was using which would cause the crash more frequently (every 15-45 mins.) After I switched to using the 64 bit version of POE, the stability went way up. I had accidentally created a shortcut to the 32 bit version. So far just using the 64 bit version has helped loads with keeping the crashes at bay.

We shall see if it crashes again ever after the suggestions you mentioned + deleting the cache files. So far so good.

I'm glad it's not just me XD I run an eGPU which tend to be buggy/unreliable anyway. But it's actually been VERY stable for me in every game I've thrown at it.

The other thing I've read that have helped others with the crash is disabling multi threading. However this would be game-killing for me since I have a weaker dual core CPU.

Huh, you're running a different version of my video card. I'm having the issue with x2 GeForce GT 750M running SLI.

Could I see your in game sound options? I suspect(ed) that it could be audio related given the role that filters played for you.
"
VeloxAxo wrote:

Huh, you're running a different version of my video card. I'm having the issue with x2 GeForce GT 750M running SLI.

Could I see your in game sound options? I suspect(ed) that it could be audio related given the role that filters played for you.

Ahh yes. The glory (and unreliability) of SLI :D Almost as bad as eGPU's for reliability.

The M series are quite different from the desktop cards.

Anyway, there is no need for screenshots of my audio settings. They are all default. I've never changed them. Granted the filter might.
My problems somehow gone. Not sure if it's related with, but I downloaded CCleaner, let cleaner repair/clear files aand registers. Also uninstalled steam installation and downloaded fresh instalation from game website Then switched to DX11 and from that day I can play w/o any problem.
Last edited by Kminek666 on Sep 15, 2018, 1:08:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info