[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

Hey man, nice guide! My third character in league and by far the one I had most fun with. Do you think you could check my stats/gear and point me on a better direction to improve? Currently sitting at level 81 in betrayal, mostly using what I could afford, so I kinda lost my north on where to improve.

Hope this is not a bother, I'm just a bit insecure on wasting currency at this point and, say, trying Shaper/Elder/Bestiary bosses before properly adjusting my odds, lol.
Can any guys that debated on dual wielding vs oni goroshi setup help a bit? I was just wondering about the pros and cons of both. I already took the dual wielding nodes and am duel wielding at the moment, but am wondering if i should respec for oni goroshi setup. Also, if i choose to go Oni Goroshi route, do I level with just a one handed sword or sword and shield? Thanks ahead of time.
"
ComoChenday wrote:
Can any guys that debated on dual wielding vs oni goroshi setup help a bit? I was just wondering about the pros and cons of both. I already took the dual wielding nodes and am duel wielding at the moment, but am wondering if i should respec for oni goroshi setup. Also, if i choose to go Oni Goroshi route, do I level with just a one handed sword or sword and shield? Thanks ahead of time.

As far as I can tell, no real difference anymore. Oni gives you a little bit of extra damage and consistency (since the skill is not alternating between weapons) and the accuracy bonus is nice, but you'll be slower - which is annoying for leap slam/whirlwind blades and life leech - and less tanky - thanks to the Her Embrace debuff. DW gives off a little less damage output but you'll be faster and leech more (remember to look for accuracy in equipment!).

Take this with a grain of salt tho, I'm not the most experienced player over here and kinda need advice on where to improve gear myself. That being said, I leveled 1-70 with Oni, swapped to DW and am now sitting at level 81, I don't miss the damage but that might just be a personal preference towards speed and tankiness.

Best of luck!
Last edited by heliohm_ on Jan 24, 2019, 11:50:14 AM
Thanks a ton! I think I'll just stick with dual wielding tbh.
"
ComoChenday wrote:

I just switched from Oni to DW. The only reason to go Oni imo is if you are poor. Good foils and 6L loreweave are going to cost you several exalts unless you get lucky and patiently snipe a foil. Oni was perfectly fine for mapping all the way up to T15. The issue with oni is the debuff. It will randomly kill you in dangerously rolled maps and it makes bossing miserable because you can't sustain the boss dps with the debuff active and the slow attack speed hurts your leech. All of these problems go away when you DW.
Last edited by subiedude8 on Jan 24, 2019, 1:41:10 PM
"
heliohm_ wrote:
Hey man, nice guide! My third character in league and by far the one I had most fun with. Do you think you could check my stats/gear and point me on a better direction to improve? Currently sitting at level 81 in betrayal, mostly using what I could afford, so I kinda lost my north on where to improve.

Hope this is not a bother, I'm just a bit insecure on wasting currency at this point and, say, trying Shaper/Elder/Bestiary bosses before properly adjusting my odds, lol.

new boots cuz u probably dont need the fire res anymore, plus u probably want movement speed or more life

amulet is a damage slot. get like 3-5 damage mods on it plus life. crit multi, accuracy, crit chance, added phys, ele atks. you have none. To do this, you need enough res and attributes on your other gear first.

you also need more accuracy

quality the flasks.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

new boots cuz u probably dont need the fire res anymore, plus u probably want movement speed or more life

amulet is a damage slot. get like 3-5 damage mods on it plus life. crit multi, accuracy, crit chance, added phys, ele atks. you have none. To do this, you need enough res and attributes on your other gear first.

you also need more accuracy

quality the flasks.

... completely forgot I could ditch the fire res over the ascendancy and was searching for boots and overall gear that turned out to be extremely expensive because of the extra res I was searching for. Thanks for the callout and advices!
I'm having a blast playing this build. Having even more fun than I do playing the Ngamahu Cyclone build. I've got a good bit of currency at this point and I was looking to upgrade my rings/amulet but due to my helm/belt lacking any resistance its getting difficult to find upgrades. Any advice would be appreciated.
"
I'm having a blast playing this build. Having even more fun than I do playing the Ngamahu Cyclone build. I've got a good bit of currency at this point and I was looking to upgrade my rings/amulet but due to my helm/belt lacking any resistance its getting difficult to find upgrades. Any advice would be appreciated.

same man having a ton of fun
https://pastebin.com/9CZtMaWB
Can you help me to find bad things in my bild?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info