Super Slow Mo! (All content! No uniques required! Perfect for new, SSF, & challenged gamers.) (3.4)

Thanks a Million man, gonna test those out tonight!
Thank you sooo much, I was looking for a build like this for some time now. Like many replies here, I am also a casual player with a limited time I can devote to PoE.
With my current char I have come to a point where I can see it lacks a lot (mostly from my lack of knowledge on mechanics but while we live we learn)..

Anyways, I cannot wait to try your build! Stay well!

MW
"
Thank you sooo much, I was looking for a build like this for some time now. Like many replies here, I am also a casual player with a limited time I can devote to PoE.
With my current char I have come to a point where I can see it lacks a lot (mostly from my lack of knowledge on mechanics but while we live we learn)..

Anyways, I cannot wait to try your build! Stay well!

MW
Hey! You're welcome and thanks for the kind words! If you have any questions regarding anything (doesn't have to be this build) let me know. This build is really good at teaching some of the complexities of the game without needing crazy gear. That being said though, not everyone's version of "casual" gameplay is the same. Some people just prefer different methods of play.

So I really hope you like this build and take it right to the end, but I'd be happy to field any questions you have regarding any ideas you have floating around as well.

Have Fun!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
The new Delve crafting options are quite generous. I got crappy rolls on my attempts so far and I got Minions Deal 56% Increased Damage and Auras from My Skills Grant 2% Increased Damage to My Allies. It also gave me a bit of Strength. Just keep in mind while crafting that you really don't want cold damage added to your damage or attacks. Some weapons can roll life as well. You really have lots of new options in Delve. So maybe pick to improve your weakness based on the tree you choose.

Can you provide some basic details on your crafting methods and priorities?
I'm still learning the depth of PoE crafting, and it's a lot to digest all at once.

Some things that might be useful would be:

1. What kind of bases you prefer to start with for this build if you're crafting from scratch, and what your "ideal" end results would look like.

2. What rares you watch out for (which armor/weapon slot(s), what stats & minimums, etc), if you plan to start with a rare instead of a base for crafting.

3. What currency or masters you prefer to use for crafting the upgrades.

4. If you use any of the Delve fossils/resonators in your crafting (and if so - which are good and why).

Thanks as always!
"
1. What kind of bases you prefer to start with for this build if you're crafting from scratch, and what your "ideal" end results would look like.
Our build's defense comes from skills, not really items (except Life of course). We get the most D from Enfeeble, Fortify, and then Life rolls on items. So the base of the item itself isn't the biggest factor to our build as we don't focus on Armour, Energy Shield, or Evasion. But if you're on PC and using my filter, only the bases that have both Strength and Intelligence will show up...so items that have both Armour and Energy Shield on them. That's because I like to be able to have options between my gear when something sweet drops that I want to incorporate. (Just quickly regarding Chromatic Orbs, items that require Strength are more likely to roll red sockets, Dex.-green, Int.-blue. Our socket combos are VERY easy to get with items that have Str. and Int. requirements.) It's nice to spend only a few Chromatics on a nice new drop to equip it right away.

My ideal end result for all gear (sockets excluded) are really simple actually. Minions are awesome. They are:

-High Life (100+)
-High Resists (40+)
-30% Movement Speed (only rolls on boots)

-Chaos Resist as an extra bonus

Keep in mind that being over capped on resists makes gear swapping easier later along with helping against the Elemental Weakness map mod that can lower your resists endgame.

Remember not to have anything that adds cold damage to attacks for the sake of Elemental Equilibrium.

Crafting in this game never allowed you to be specific with mods that you wanted with two exception: Delve Fossils and Essences. Basic crafting is simply taking a white Bone Helmet (for example) that has a 40% Minion Damage Implicit, and using an Orb of Alchemy on it. If you don't like the rolls you have "two" options: use a Scouring which turns it back to a normal item (it keeps the 40% implicit) and then use another Alch for another chance of luck...or after you alch'd it the first time, keep using Chaos Orbs until you get the rolls you like. Crafting in this game is simply trying that type of stuff over and over and over again. I'll answer essences and fossils in your question below. I'll include links and sockets with the masters question.

So my suggestion, especially if this is your only character for the league, is as you're leveling, take the sockets/links you need as they come. Don't worry about rarity yet. Don't spend your currency yet either. As you get closer to the end of the game, if you've picked up all the currency that dropped, you'll have picked up some decent (not great) rares. You'll have an ok amount of Fusings, Alchs, and Chromatics to fix up one or two of these items...but save the currency for a super drop.

Just as a heads up: Rare items can roll a maximum 3 suffix and 3 prefix mods on an item. GGG has determined which mods are suffixes and prefixes. The link I have below that lists mods is neat to glance through. Also, when you're highlighting an item hold down Alt (on PC) or the left stick as a button (on Xbox) to see which mods are suffixes and prefixes. Rare item that have sweet rolls but only rolled 1 or 2 suffixes or prefixes are the great items to craft with a master's bench. Because you can add ONE mod to it to improve it. Keep an eye out for nicely rolled rares that don't have a maximum amount of suffixes or prefixes.

"
2. What rares you watch out for (which armor/weapon slot(s), what stats & minimums, etc), if you plan to start with a rare instead of a base for crafting.
This question was mostly answered above. But something to keep in mind is that most armour can roll most Armour mods. There are a few that only roll for specific things. Boots and movement speed for example. But again crafting isn't specific. It's trying over and over...blowing through currency.

So I'm always on the lookout for the mods I mentioned above.

Keep in mind though that we are short on Dex and Str in the tree. Accessories are great easy ways to improve those.

Here: This is a list of the mods that can drop for each type of base. It doesn't really apply to this build, but it may get your creative juices flowing.

Our weapon will have very little that'll actually help a minion build. Just take anything that gives you the sockets that you need. If you end up with Health, something minion, or resists on your item, then great!

"
3. What currency or masters you prefer to use for crafting the upgrades.
Every master that does crafting have have a huge benefit to you game. It can be hard to choose.
I find the most valuable is Vorici. Vorici can save you tons of fusings, jewellers orbs, and chromatics with his short cuts. The other masters can be very helpful but I've found him to be the most helpful...but also the biggest pain in the butt to level. So I find that Elreon is the easiest to level. I'll make him my hideout with Vorici invited. Once I hit Endgame I bring in Zana and Catarina. I try and get Catarina up because she has a mod that lets you add +1 to you zombie limit on a chest piece.

Again, all are great, but Vorici will save you lots of currency unless you're rolling in dough.

"
4. If you use any of the Delve fossils/resonators in your crafting (and if so - which are good and why).
Here is a list of Delve Fossils and what they do to each type of gear. Bound Fossil's are the only minion fossils in the league. They can roll Minion damage on a weapon. Typically, before this league existed, you could get a Deafening Essence of Fear that worked like an Alchemy but added a specific mod among the random mods that could roll when alch'ing a weapon. Essences were the only way to get a specific desire on a rare item while crafting. The Deafening Essence of Fear could add up to 30% increased minion damage. Now that Delve crafting has been introduced, one handed weapons can now get up to 80% increased minion damage with a Bound Fossil. Take a look at the link. Bound Fossils have really positive impact on all gear. What's positive after that is up to you...based on what else you may be short on with your other gear. Pristine Fossils give life. That's good to guarantee on armour. The link will help a lot. Use the resonators on high level items for the chance at the highest results.

"
Thanks as always!
Anytime :) If I forgot to answer something or I didn't understand one of your questions right, let me know.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thank you for posting this build, as a new player it's a great introduction to the game and am enjoying it very much.
"
Dizziedodo wrote:
Thank you for posting this build, as a new player it's a great introduction to the game and am enjoying it very much.
I'm really glad you like it. I hope you love the game. Let me know if you have any questions about the game or guide. And thanks for the thanks!

Annnnnd

I've always had a hard time finding a build that I can play. Something that doesn't require hitting poe.trade for hours on end with with 20ex in hand (which is 20 more than I've ever had). Something easy, where I don't have to have 5 different flasks and pay close attention to each one. Something that doesn't have a bunch of complicated mechanics and a full rotation of skills. Something that I can play HC with. Something that's more fun than work.

This build hits all of those so far and I've loving it. Previously I only played totem builds, but I've been enjoying this one much more. I started using summon as soon as it was available and I've been leveling with it since. Normally I play HC but I started this one on SC to see how it does and it's killed every boss faster than any other build I've played while at the same time I've so far not even optimized my gear. I think I have one resist at 50% and the rest are around 30%. The Innocence fight that always kills me, or is at least very stressful and lengthy, was super easy, very fast, and death free.

Right now I'm just level 45 and I'm not using all the recommended skills because I haven't came across them or can't use them yet but I do have up to 30 things up at one time which is mowing down everything in my path and turning bosses into swiss cheese (Normal Lab was also the easiest one I've done). (7 Zombies, 8 Skels, 2 Spectres, 1 Stone Golem, and 12 Raging Spirits) Each are supported by minion DMG and speed, the zombies have life also. It's working for now but as I get more gear with the right slots I'll start migrating towards the recommended build skill links. I'm just limited by link colors right now, but it's working great. I love the blasphemy and TC mix as well as the hatred on the minions.

I can't wait to see how far it takes me, but I love it so far!
"
I've always had a hard time finding a build that I can play. Something that doesn't require hitting poe.trade for hours on end with with 20ex in hand...I can't wait to see how far it takes me, but I love it so far!
Thank you for such a compliment! Sweet Beta Supporter Title. I'm glad you found a build that seems exactly what you want. It makes the game so much better.

The build gets easier as you progress which is quite nice. The minion skills tend to have their real value in leveling. Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions. I'd love to hear how you fair.

Thanks again for such kind words and encouragement!

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 2, 2018, 12:34:46 PM
"
"
I've always had a hard time finding a build that I can play. Something that doesn't require hitting poe.trade for hours on end with with 20ex in hand...I can't wait to see how far it takes me, but I love it so far!
Thank you for such a compliment! Sweet Beta Supporter Title. I'm glad you found a build that seems exactly what you want. It makes the game so much better.

The build gets easier as you progress which is quite nice. The minion skills tend to have their real value in leveling. Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions. I'd love to hear how you fair.

Thanks again for such kind words and encouragement!

Well I'm up to 47 now, still loving it. I'm trying to separate myself from SRS and Spectres right now to free up some sockets but it's so hard to give up my pieces of my little army! I've got too many sockets filled though and no room for other things I need so it must be done.

I managed to get Charged Dash socketed up (without it's supported links for now) and I'm finding that I don't really like how it's cast. I'm trying to think of other movement skills that might be a little faster while still applying enfeeble and getting the EE going. I just tend to get myself in bad situations and need to get out fast or otherwise just peak in and out of somewhere. I've got a few options in mind but I was wondering what your thoughts on alternatives might be? I read through the previous thread responses and didn't see anyone with similar issues so I hope I'm not asking something that you've covered before.

Kitava went down in record time, although I did die. But I think that's because I probably prioritized minion nodes over my own life and my gear is still completely unoptimized. I've only recently started heading to the Scion wheel, something I probably would have done nearly first if I was playing HC (along with straightening out my gear and resists).

Thanks again for the build and I can't wait to keep on truckin' tomorrow morning!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info