3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Seems like the glorious vanity jewel doesn't let you stack 2 nodes of Corrupted soul, is that correct? So you just need to grab 1 keystone.

Also anyone know roughly how much it would cost to craft the bow we need?

Correct they don't stack.

Buy a cheap 6L short bow, then ~400 chromatics to color it properly. Scour+alt spam until +1 gems, 4exalts worth of multimod+support gems crafts.

So total call it 5-6 ex?

Can you craft it? Or do you know anyone who can?
Hi, guys. I need some help, please.
If i run a setup with multiple ice or fire golems and one of stone/lightning/chaos golems in order to maximize buffs from golems in which order should i summon them? As far as i understand the only buff we get is life regen from stone golem, right?
So can you explain the procedure step by step?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by BigND2k14 on Jun 17, 2019, 11:06:55 PM
"
Utopian238 wrote:
EDIT: Can I get someone who's playing charity to test Poacher's mark for me and report back if you feel like the golems are behaving differently? I'm wondering if mana starvation is why they don't always cyclone. This could be the piece missing for why they don't just spam it.

i'm on a charity build and i didn't notice any difference in ice golems behavior with poacher's mark. i was under the impression that minions don't actually have mana anyway, so this isn't surprising.

"
mrice187 wrote:
Seems like Beacon of Ruin is a waste on this build. Worth grabbing small resist node instead?

i don't think beacon of ruin is too much of a waste. depending on how you're running the build exactly, having any cold damage (e.g. from hatred with cyclone or storm burst) means you chill for 10% always, which is kind of like a mini temporal chains. if you do lightning damage (e.g. storm burst, your lightning golem's wrath aura is enabled, you happen to have +lightning damage somewhere) then you have a decent shock chance, giving you 15% more damage sometimes. and, of course, with confluxes rotating through, you'll have these effects sometimes as long as you do damage at some point.

you're right that it's not fantastic or anything, but i would definitely say it's more worth it than 6% all resist. unless you're not doing damage at all with yourself, which would be different from how i'm playing at least, where i cyclone through enemies with cwc vulnerability happening. if you're playing really far back and letting your golems do everything around corners and such, then yeah, it wouldn't do much for you at all.

thanks for the build op! i've been using golems since level 34, and it's been going really well. my favorite version so far is with cyclone cwc flesh offering and vulnerability, and shield charge with fortify. i might try the bow build if i get enough currency before i move onto a new build, but i've been happy with the charity build.
so whats the best PoB for the bow memebuild? i don't mind having lower survivability for faster golems
"
Hi, guys. I need some help, please.
If i run a setup with multiple ice or fire golems and one of stone/lightning/chaos golems in order to maximize buffs from golems in which order should i summon them? As far as i understand the only buff we get is life regen from stone golem, right?
So can you explain the procedure step by step?
Thanks in advance!

This behavior has been fixed in a previous patch. You can now summon your golems in any order. Praise be to the Devs!

"
Seems like Beacon of Ruin is a waste on this build. Worth grabbing small resist node instead?

Pretty much exactly what tryphy said down below. Beacon isn't wasted, it's just a trade off with paragon/pendulum. Both are mediocre but useful.

"
i'm on a charity build and i didn't notice any difference in ice golems behavior with poacher's mark. i was under the impression that minions don't actually have mana anyway, so this isn't surprising.

Spectres have mana so i assume golems do too, see the frenzy ape blood magic links. That was actually the thing that made me wonder about it. Guess it is just the extra gem levels + Frenzy charge damage though if everyone on the charity side is in agreement no behavior change. Definitely will be recommending poacher's mark for bow builds because it feels far better for mapping and I don't notice any falloff in bossing damage.

"

so whats the best PoB for the bow memebuild? i don't mind having lower survivability for faster golems

This is complicated. Doryani's jewels make it a bit weird how you want to path as they can create new 'optimal' pathing. If you import my character in legion i'm playing what i now view as the 'optimal' build, but note the weird path i'm taking up into avatar of fire and around? Those two stat notables become Commanding presence for me. 14% increased aura effectiveness/20% aura aoe each. So for taking that weird path i'm getting 28% +aura and 20% hp as ES. Going hybrid as bow with doryani's feels really good.

The only change I would make to my setup if you're running it is changing maloney's to CoH enfeeble or more likely vulnerability. Could also do RoA+Maim+Whatever you want, maybe convocation or aura space here and fortify in the golem links. Temp Chains CoH is bad, but i'm running with a buddy right now who's providing blasphemy enfeeble and haven't bothered recoloring my Maloney's yet.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Jun 18, 2019, 9:04:26 AM
what does Elemental Equilibrium proc from to give golems more Hatred dmg?
"

what does Elemental Equilibrium proc from to give golems more Hatred dmg?

storm brand/burst on the clayshaper builds.

+added damage on jewelry for the bow builds.
i cant read and cant delete posts lul
Last edited by kinosti on Jun 19, 2019, 1:57:45 AM
Hey! I'm new to the game and thinking about crafting an endgame head. Mainly because my head is absolute dog and also because I need to stop chinese farming and actually learn to craft.

I'm thinking about buying an elder based 150% stone golem buff base and fossil craft it and I'm simply wondering what the go to strategy is to get a great helm. I've never crafted anything above my flasks and maps before so this is completely new territory. Tried to google and all I really see is the results of the crats.
Which fossils, which resonators and which lvl should I go for?
Obviously aiming for + to minions skill, minion damage + minion life and some decent stats.

I've also pooled up quite alot of currency and mapping feels awesome. Clearing T16's in 2-3 min and onetapping T12-15 bosses. Just Monoliths that are a slight problem due to golems hitting the wrong stuff and my boys sometimes randomly getting oneshot. Probably getting around 60-80% of the monolith depending on map.
I'm wondering how much of a boost you actually get from an Empower 4? Both in damage and to survival of the golems.

Kinda reluctant on throwing out 12 exalts on a new Skin + an Empower if you can't feel a major difference.
Mainly because my gear is pretty awful. Probably worth around ~2-3 exalts with all gear and jewels considered.

Running the Acrobats + Necromantic Aegis with 7 Harmonies and 3 Emminences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info