Ask a Question Game - Backwater Thread

A: Not wrong, in theory, but in practice, rules for recycling / disposal of plastic are not enough - especially when it's a global issue the overuse of plastic and lack of recycling of it.

Q: Favourite decade of the 20th century and why?

"
1453R wrote:
I like engaging ideas, which is part and parcel of properly answering questions. It's why I'll sometimes go into troll threads like Scrotie's ol' One Question Political Alignment thing and break down the troll question posed as if it were serious and see if there's any good, meritorious discussion in it. This particular thread, sadly, discourages meritorious discussion by default, but man is it a resource for mining ideas for future "I'm bored, let's talk about..." threads.

Yeah, it was a reaction to too much "discussion" in this forum where people ask 0 questions and prefer to take an attacking "I'm going to show you I'm RIGHT GODFUCKINDAMMIT" stance. I guess that's "debate" but yeah it doesn't appeal to me, that complete lack of curiousity, which may just be the way I see it of course, and I do it too, close down to being curious when "debating". I can see you point, though, and wonder how there could be the best of both worlds... any ideas?

[bump]

A: The last one, because that's when I was born and it was a relatively happy time for me.

Q: Have you ever used a lawyer service?
Something something a divider between posts

📸 Screentober 2021 🦚 — Please Participate!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3182966
"
ViciousCobra wrote:
[bump]

A: The last one, because that's when I was born and it was a relatively happy time for me.

Q: Have you ever used a lawyer service?

A: No, thankfully. Law is fascinating, at times, and also expensive. I imagine the time will come when I do need a lawyer, but so far, so good.

Q: Strangest place you have slept?
A: In a lawn chair in the back of a truck parked 6 feet from a Mardi Gras parade. Does that count as "strange"? Lets just say I mixed up a 5 gallon cooler of Windex and between 5 of us it was gone before the parade even got to where we were. I blacked out so I dunno if I was asleep before or after the parade passed. Good times.

*bonus fun fact* Neither of the designated drivers determined it was unsafe to drive with me still in that chair and I woke up at home still sitting in that flimsy plastic lawn chair. lol

Q: If you could drop everything you've got going on in your life and travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Ha! Yes, it definitely counts.

Also, Windex is my new Christmas Season cocktail.

A: That's really tough as my overseas travel is limited to Indonesia, many tears ago - so there's so much to choose from. Since you ask today, I would go to New Zealand.

GGG HQ aside,

the maori people, the scenery, the space.

It's been a long, stressful year and I think New Zealand would be rejuvenating.

Some places I think peaked a long time ago, as far as tourism goes. Crowds of tourists and everything laid out geared to tourists don't appeal to me at all (I'm fully aware that I'd be a tourist too). Rome 200 years ago? Sure. New York in 1875? Hm.

I'd like to see the Bayou in the USA, and go to the Skeleton Coast in Africa. Oh, Jamaica! Ireland... Vancouver Is, Angkor Wat ... yeah lots of places, so long as I could avoid crowds of tourists knocking over all the sights in some kind of challenge rush.

Maybe it's just about slowing down, and I'd be fine in Tokyo.

Related:
What makes someone a traveler, and not a tourist?

"
erdelyii wrote:

Related:
What makes someone a traveler, and not a tourist?

If you have everything planned out, beginning to end, youre a tourist.

Who was the best star trek captain?
"
Khoranth wrote:

James T. Kirk, no doubt. Picard is a good second.

And since we're talking Star Trek, who is your favorite non-captain character?
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Nov 15, 2018, 9:49:25 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

James T. Kirk, no doubt. Picard is a good second.

And since we're talking Star Trek, who is your favorite non-captain character?

Well it depends on what version we are talking but its probably leonard nimoy's spock

What team will win the superbowl?
I dont see any any key!
Chiefs.

What is the worst Star Wars movie?
"
Khoranth wrote:
Chiefs.

What is the worst Star Wars movie?

Im going to go with force awakens, but rogue one was utterly pointless...

I did enjoy SOLO but it was nothing great.

The starwars reboot kinda feel like they are making generic action movies and the slapped a starwars skin/label on them

What is the worst star trek movie?
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info