Ask a Question Game - Backwater Thread

Ha! Neither! It was fun to read the page.

Obviously pirate ninja is out, as there is only one, and I kinda like boats ...

"Do Ninja Pirates ride around in boats and stuff?

No way, boats are soo 19th Century. Instead, when ninja pirates need to plunder from the sea, they use submarines, which are way more sweeeeeet and stealthy. Ninja Pirates are also known to use fancy Star Destroyers with invisibility cloaking mechanisms. Because, when out on the sea, Ninja Pirates like to shack up in their cozy dojo-frigates, meditate, and practice killing without the perils of the ocean on their minds. When on land, Ninja Pirates commonly use Portals, M1A1 Abrams tanks (with the ray guns instead of cannons), 18 wheelers with nuclear reactors for engines, bikes with laser-vision bears on the handlebars, and Gas-Electric Smart cars. But flying on a Ninja Pirate magic carpet is much faster."

I'll ride around in that and be a ninja pirate.

Q; Do you have any superstitious rituals?

"
erdelyii wrote:

Q; Do you have any superstitious rituals?

A.) not so much no.

Q.) What's the scariest game you've played?
a) Nothing. Never played a scary game, though I love horror films and books.
Maybe I should remedy that eh?

q) Why is good comedy so hard to do in a film, yet great comedies and comedians never win Oscars?
"
erdelyii wrote:
q) Why is good comedy so hard to do in a film, yet great comedies and comedians never win Oscars?

I can answer both questions at once: Comedy is subjective. "Good comedy" is as frequent as "good taste" when it comes to food. Some one will always be pleased by simpler "recipes", others will seek out "aged" products, and some don't know the difference/don't care if theirs is "watered down".

Dry humor, gallows humor, racist humor, puns, dad jokes, word play, outside-the-box thinking, slapstick, there are as many brands of comedy as there are genres of metal. It's ridiculous. What one person finds amusing, another person may find crass or juvenile.

Question:
Spoiler
If you could visit the past and alter it in some manner - for good or ill - when, where, and/or who would you visit? How would you alter the past to edit your future?

I guess that's technically two questions. Answer any mixture of the above.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Oct 12, 2018, 2:54:52 AM
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
If you could visit the past and alter it in some manner - for good or ill - when, where, and/or who would you visit? How would you alter the past to edit your future?

I guess that's technically two questions. Answer any mixture of the above.

Well since you didn't specify, I'll assume that you do not have specific control over how the altered future will turn out; I would go back and visit my own past when I was a kid and living in a country house up in the hills in central Italy (the house is not there anymore sadly, and some folks are gone too), but I wouldn't willingly alter anything at all.

Question: which is your favorite season of the year (and why)?
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:

Well since you didn't specify, I'll assume that you do not have specific control over how the altered future will turn out; I would go back and visit my own past when I was a kid and living in a country house up in the hills in central Italy (the house is not there anymore sadly, and some folks are gone too), but I wouldn't willingly alter anything at all.

That's a lovely answer.

Question: which is your favorite season of the year (and why)?

I don't have one, and love weather of all kinds.

I've lived in the Tropics, with two seasons - wet and dry, which weren't that different in temperature, just in rain and cyclones in the wet. The rain! That was rain, weeks on end of torrential rain, and now when people in my temperate city say it's raining I always think it's actually really dry and the rain is great and will soon pass.

My city now is commonly known to have four seasons in one day. There's not really a cold winter, not like russia or something, but summer gets pretty warm, sometimes over 40c.

I love the changeability, but then I loved the stability of day after day of heat in the dry too.

If I have an imagination favourite it's blazing treed autumn but we don't have that here in Australia. Tiny patches of introduced trees, but not the full glory of it.

Q: Have you ever completely changed fields of work or, if you don;t have/ want to talk about work, your style in some way? What caused it and was it like?

"
erdelyii wrote:

Q: Have you ever completely changed fields of work or, if you don;t have/ want to talk about work, your style in some way? What caused it and was it like?

A.) I was holding off answering this because my answer is pretty much no, I haven't, not as an adult for either work or style. It's been a week and I like this thread so I'm gonna answer it.

No, I decided I wanted to be a physicist out of college, and I worked hard and got there and it's fucking awesome.

Q.) Why did you decide to answer this question, and then ask another one?
"
j33bus wrote:

Q.) Why did you decide to answer this question, and then ask another one?

Answering a question gives me an illusion that my opinion matters, tingles that brain part. Same reason why I like to fill out surveys, almost as if my answers mean something. The following question is basically a byproduct.

Q: Do you feel the same or find it weird?
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I like engaging ideas, which is part and parcel of properly answering questions. It's why I'll sometimes go into troll threads like Scrotie's ol' One Question Political Alignment thing and break down the troll question posed as if it were serious and see if there's any good, meritorious discussion in it. This particular thread, sadly, discourages meritorious discussion by default, but man is it a resource for mining ideas for future "I'm bored, let's talk about..." threads.

Surveys can go fuck themselves, though. Especially since most of them are little more than "Rate Your Experience, 1-10. If Your Experience Was Not 10, Please Check Which Option Box Below Kept Your Visit From Being The Best Shopping Experience Of Your Life." No input, no option for discourse even if just remotely, no way to engage with anything, and also it's a bunch of corporate hooey that they never bother paying attention to anyways. Blagh. KEEP your infinitessimally small chance at a tax-deductible 'shopping spree', please.

Q.) Select one material; a basic building material or a basic material used in commercial products, but not a material used in foodcraft. Make a case for why this material should be banned from human use effective immediately. Then make another case for why this material is completely benign and harmless and does not merit any corrective action whatsoever. Do your best to make both cases equally compelling. Then tell us which one you more strongly agree with.
"
1453R wrote:

Q.) Select one material; a basic building material or a basic material used in commercial products, but not a material used in foodcraft. Make a case for why this material should be banned from human use effective immediately. Then make another case for why this material is completely benign and harmless and does not merit any corrective action whatsoever. Do your best to make both cases equally compelling. Then tell us which one you more strongly agree with.

Oh that is eeeeeasy. Plastic! On itself it is an amazing set of compounds, cheap, awesome, sturdy and with endless variants. But the way we dispose of it is horrific. All it needs is proper procedures of life cycle and enforcement of rules, the rest will do itself.

My favorite material off all time is tungsten but it has no downsides so didn't fit the question.

Q: how wrong am I about plastic in your opinion?
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info