[3.4] TheFrostmourne's Balefire Inquisitor

things are about to get easier
Im thinking of playing a Build like this in Delve. Since the mobs will probably become more and more tanky, how far do u think the Dps is scalable with infinite Currency? Cuz i was looking at Chaos Dot builds and they dont really scale very far without Indigon atm.
"
wackygoose wrote:

things are about to get easier

Grats my dude!!

"
imperiialm wrote:
Im thinking of playing a Build like this in Delve. Since the mobs will probably become more and more tanky, how far do u think the Dps is scalable with infinite Currency? Cuz i was looking at Chaos Dot builds and they dont really scale very far without Indigon atm.

This version will do okay, and you could totally scale the damage very well compared to other casters (specially considering it would be the same amount of investment). But there is still a cap on how much you can scale it with this version. However, I have a new version of the build coming for Delve that is made specifically for clearing as long as you have light, so stay tuned! I'm waiting to see the changes they will make in 3.4 before releasing it, but that version will be able to scale both offenses and defenses in a way that will really make pushing as deep as possible into the Azurite Mines.

Just hit 60 on the scion, super psyched to equip the balefire!

Had a question - how come Elemental focus support doesn't take away the burning damage from SR? It says that supported skills can't inflict elemental ailments, is burning damage not an ailment?
"
AlGebrah wrote:

Had a question - how come Elemental focus support doesn't take away the burning damage from SR? It says that supported skills can't inflict elemental ailments, is burning damage not an ailment?

You’ll be surprised how much your damage will increase, Balefire is just amazing!

Because Elemetal Focus makes supported gems unable to inflict alignments, which burning is not. Fire damage can indeed cause ignite which is an alignment, but it needs to hit. Scorching Ray, just like Righteous Fire or Searing Bond does not hit, so Elemental Focus gives us no downsides at all.

Ignite is always burning, but burning is not always ignite. It’s just like Contagion - it does chaos damage over time just like poison, but it’s not poison.

Flask with suffix “of Dousing” removes burning from you on use and makes you immune to ignite during flask effect, but you would still take damage from SR, RF or SB with it up, because it’s not an alignment (ignite in this case), but just the same damage type ignite does.

I hope it makes it any clearer, I’m not sure how to explain it in a better way
"
"
AlGebrah wrote:

You’ll be surprised how much your damage will increase, Balefire is just amazing!

Because Elemetal Focus makes supported gems unable to inflict alignments, which burning is not. Fire damage can indeed cause ignite which is an alignment, but it needs to hit. Scorching Ray, just like Righteous Fire or Searing Bond does not hit, so Elemental Focus gives us no downsides at all.

Ignite is always burning, but burning is not always ignite. It’s just like Contagion - it does chaos damage over time just like poison, but it’s not poison.

Flask with suffix “of Dousing” removes burning from you on use and makes you immune to ignite during flask effect, but you would still take damage from SR, RF or SB with it up, because it’s not an alignment (ignite in this case), but just the same damage type ignite does.

I hope it makes it any clearer, I’m not sure how to explain it in a better way

It helps a bunch, thanks for explaining. The game doesn't do a whole lot to clarify these sort of mechanics - I'd always assumed burning and ignite to be the same thing, but clearly they aren't.
How was the Atziri fight? Sure,you have to dodge stuff,but if you don't dodge it like once and you get hit,do you get one shotted?

Thanks for the reply in advance!
This build looks like a good fun leaguestarter. Any idea how far it can go as to end-game content ? Shaper viable ? More ?
"
AlGebrah wrote:

It helps a bunch, thanks for explaining. The game doesn't do a whole lot to clarify these sort of mechanics - I'd always assumed burning and ignite to be the same thing, but clearly they aren't.

Glad to help!

"
Loreley06 wrote:
How was the Atziri fight? Sure,you have to dodge stuff,but if you don't dodge it like once and you get hit,do you get one shotted?

Thanks for the reply in advance!

There is a lot of room for mistakes at both normal and uber Atziri, so yes, you won’t get one shot. Depends on your gear but you could even just sit in one spot at normal Atziri and you’ll be fine.

"
thomzon wrote:
This build looks like a good fun leaguestarter. Any idea how far it can go as to end-game content ? Shaper viable ? More ?

I tried everything up to Guardians and it was very good. Haven’t tried anything after that but I don’t think that it’s doable in an effective way simply because our sources of sustain are consecrated ground and life / mana on kill from Balefire. With our pantheon changed a bit and changing our flask setup you could kill Shaper but it would for sure be a long fight without investing into some godly rings.

So in summary it could, but that would require a bigger budget.
can use this instead of impresence?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info