[3.4] TheFrostmourne's Balefire Inquisitor

"
"
wackygoose wrote:
im trying this build and currently leveling with Molten Strike+Shell and Herald of Ash @ level 24

also Reckoning with Onslaught Support is fun

Quite fine, but I would like tips on how to improve my clearspeed.

can You can check my char TangDeFeijao please?

ty

Hi, I checked your character out and I would suggest removing Elemental Equilibrium until you start using SR + Orb of Storms, that will improve your clear speed (besides getting leveling gear). Currently you just buff their fire resistance when you Molten Strike them so that's the reason it goes slowly, since you're pretty much crippling your damage with it at the moment. Let me know if you need help with anything else!

I see, i tought I wasnt crippling my damage as im already using Orb of Storms to start boss fights but not with SR
Last edited by wackygoose on Aug 16, 2018, 6:11:18 PM
"
wackygoose wrote:

I see, i tought I wasnt crippling my damage as im already using Orb of Storms to start boss fights but not with SR

It happens mate! But to help you out in future cases, EE is generally mostly used with skills that don’t hit (like SR in this case) so we can have resistances of our enemies reduced. Since MS also hits, you give them fire resistance and lower your damage. Now, even if we were to assume that OoS would hit before your MS every time, I still don’t think you would use it on every mob pack so it would still lower your clear speed. Hope that makes it a bit clearer on how EE works, it’s almost 1 AM here and I am quite sleepy so forgive me if what I wrote makes zero sense. I will gladly explain it better tomorrow in case this is not understandable outside my head in the way I wrote it 😂

EDIT:

Forgot to say before, but since you’re in Incursion race, I can help you out with some gear. Just message me @LokiGodOfFire
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Aug 16, 2018, 6:47:46 PM
dont you worry, i understood the mechanics now. About the gear, well, I dont think i will be needing it unless I hit a wall. For now, all I need is to rush 60 hehe. thank you

another question about the quote below, I dont understand what you are saying, what isnt necessary Despair with Blasphemy or Impresence? Im still not using them but im already leveling up all the gems I will be using in the end game.

"To further boost the DPS, we use Despair on Blasphemy, but only after getting the Impresence, which is by no means necessary."
Last edited by wackygoose on Aug 17, 2018, 4:56:00 PM
Just added second version of skill tree that focuses on triple cursing and endurance charges! Tankier than version one but does slightly less damage and is slightly more vulnerable to lab traps, while gaining more overall tankyness in other aspects.

"
wackygoose wrote:

another question about the quote below, I dont understand what you are saying, what isnt necessary Despair with Blasphemy or Impresence? Im still not using them but im already leveling up all the gems I will be using in the end game.

"To further boost the DPS, we use Despair on Blasphemy, but only after getting the Impresence, which is by no means necessary."

Despair on Blasphemy is pretty much just a damage boost that we go for in case we got chaos version of Impresence, which we can only run if we have it. So it's just a kind of a damage luxury upgrade, but the build works pretty well without it as well. So what I'm saying is that both aren't necessary, but if you want to run Despair, you will need Impresence.
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Aug 17, 2018, 5:55:53 PM
ty for updates

your last line made it very clear :)
This build looks super neat! I had a question, do you think any other class could pull this off? I'd love to try this out on scion.
"
AlGebrah wrote:
This build looks super neat! I had a question, do you think any other class could pull this off? I'd love to try this out on scion.

Thanks a lot mate!

Inquisitor / Occultist Ascendant is doable with the damage being pretty much the same, just you would lose some of the clear speed to do the loss of Instruments of Virtue. If you don't mind a bit slower clear speed, then it's absolutely fine. While we can make it up for that with a tiny bit of some skill tree modification, you would also have to carry a mana flask for boss killing. So as long as that's fine for you, I can make you a skill tree that would work for a Scion!

Trickster is also a viable option, but then you'd have a bit less HP and our main defense again bosses (regeneration form consecrated ground) would be gone. Pretty viable if you're not looking to kill bosses as Trickster would easily do high tier maps faster than Inquisitor does.

P.S. I also have a version of this build made for an Occultist which I will be trying out as soon as 3.4 goes live.
"
"
AlGebrah wrote:

Thanks a lot mate!

Inquisitor / Occultist Ascendant is doable with the damage being pretty much the same, just you would lose some of the clear speed to do the loss of Instruments of Virtue. If you don't mind a bit slower clear speed, then it's absolutely fine. While we can make it up for that with a tiny bit of some skill tree modification, you would also have to carry a mana flask for boss killing. So as long as that's fine for you, I can make you a skill tree that would work for a Scion!

Trickster is also a viable option, but then you'd have a bit less HP and our main defense again bosses (regeneration form consecrated ground) would be gone. Pretty viable if you're not looking to kill bosses as Trickster would easily do high tier maps faster than Inquisitor does.

P.S. I also have a version of this build made for an Occultist which I will be trying out as soon as 3.4 goes live.

Cool beans! I would love to see how you'd allocate points for Inquis/occultist scion - I'm pretty new to the game and worry I'd mess up too much.
Last edited by AlGebrah on Aug 18, 2018, 5:51:53 PM
"
AlGebrah wrote:

Cool beans! I would love to see how you'd allocate points for Inquis/occultist scion - I'm pretty new to the game and worry I'd mess up too much.

I would assume you would go for triple curse version, so in that case you can either go like this, dropping out Whispers of Doom as Occultist gives us +1 to maximum curses, or go like this and then replace Windscream for a pair of rare boots.

And once you acquire Path of the Templar, we can also drop some of the starting nodes and place them elsewhere for more health / damage.

EDIT:

And if you're not going for the triple curse version, just go with the first skill tree and still drop Windscream for a pair of rare boots.
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Aug 18, 2018, 6:17:57 PM
You did write,that this build is not for uber lab carrying. But do you think that there is a possiblity now,since you are playing it often probably,tested it out...would it be possible to carry people through uber lab,if not,do you have any ideas on how to build it up more for uber lab carrying?

Thank you for the reply onward!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info