[3.4] TheFrostmourne's Balefire Inquisitor

Could you maybe add in something that lets you see the tree as you progress? Like a 10 point version, 20 points, 40 points, etc? So we know how we should be moving through the tree rather than just the end goal?
"
Keldrath wrote:
Could you maybe add in something that lets you see the tree as you progress? Like a 10 point version, 20 points, 40 points, etc? So we know how we should be moving through the tree rather than just the end goal?

Well as I've answered before, the pathing is totally up to you; if you feel your damage is weak you'll be going for damage nodes first. If you're playing HC you're gonna want to grab health ASAP. If you already bought yourself jewels, you're gonna rush those first.

It depends a lot on your gear, and how the characters feels to you. There isn't really the "best" way to go for while leveling, and that's the reason I didn't put the leveling skill trees.
Hey!

I love the idea of only Scorching based build, but this guide is a bit lazy. There is 2 different trees and not even explained. Gear and leveling the build is not explained. No videos or even PoB links. I really want to try an only Scorching character, but not even sure to worth spend a time to try your build, because it's so simple and half-done. Please if you think it serious then fix this stuffs and everyone gonna love your build. I say this with full respect, I know it should be lot of time to theorycrafting a working build, but the guide is not perfect yet :)
Last edited by Psylimusic on Nov 15, 2018, 11:37:54 AM
"
Psylimusic wrote:
Hey!

I love the idea of only Scorching based build, but this guide is a bit lazy. There is 2 different trees and not even explained. Gear and leveling the build is not explained. No videos or even PoB links. I really want to try an only Scorching character, but not even sure to worth spend a time to try your build, because it's so simple and half-done. Please if you think it serious then fix this stuffs and everyone gonna love your build. I say this with full respect, I know it should be lot of time to theorycrafting a working build, but the guide is not perfect yet :)

The reason why there are no videos is simply because at the time of making this guide I've had a horrible PC that couldn't even handle PoE on more than 10 FPS yet alone record stuff, and since getting a new PC I've been playing a lot of builds that I always wanted to try and were previously unplayable for me.

As for PoB links - I had some posted, but after new PoB updates whenever I would post a new link it wouldn't work for other people, hence the regular tree. A couple people complained my links don't work so I gave up on posting them and went for an option that works (and you can always import the tree in your PoB from there).

The trees are explained at the start
"
You will find two version of skill tree bellow, one focusing on mitigating physical damage (the first one), and the other one that sacrifices a bit of damage for even more survivability.

And I don't think there is a need for further explanation as it's only some damage nodes going into curse nodes.

And so is gearing at the end
"

We also want as much dexterity on our gear as we can get, so we can level up Faster Attacks. I don't consider it a luxury because it's fairly easy to get. It's up to you if you want to start the build there and just use it to farm up some currency, but if you want to upgrade it even further it's more than possible.

Depending on do you want more damage or survivability , you can either go for Kaom's Heart first or Chaos version of Impresence so you can dual curse. At that point you also want to get either Windscream or Doedre's Damning for +1 to curses.

If you have currency to blow, +1 Impresence can also work. The Formless Inferno is also a great option that further helps mitigate our physical damage taken. 2 socket Tombfist is something I got just because I had currency to blow. Watcher's Eye with physical damage taken as fire while affected by Purity of Fire is also great, however I didn't really feel like blowing 10 ex on a jewel so I just got a random one that prevents ignite and burning ground.

You can also use another item as an offhand: instead of RotP, you can use Magna Eclipsis which is pretty okay, or Lioneye's Remorse which makes our clear a bit slower but gives as a lot more defenses. Another good option is Doryani's Catalist for more damage, in which case you replace Shield Charge with Leap Slam.

It's not by any means a mechanically complicated build so there isn't much more stuff to explain. You get Balefire, and the rest of the items and skill tree modifications are all up to you. There is no real "BiS" items as it all depends do you want to be tankier or more damage. And, quite obviously, all the gear besides BF is your typical gear - life and resists.

If you have any specific questions you can feel free to ask me and I will gladly give you an answer!
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Nov 15, 2018, 1:24:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info