[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Came here to say thanks for this amazing build! Retired my toxic rain build for this one and got my first shaper kill ever!

"
"
Guffinn wrote:
-

Spoiler

The edler mark was to have a free level 21 wrath for 0 int requirement

i actually ended up getting one and switching my ring setup today

it ends up freeing up some stat points and the ring combo gives me the virtually the same life (was 6.97k is now 7.02k) and plenty more dps. my barrage now shows 99k dps, where before it was 87k. Scourge is now 114k where prior it was 101k.

Also, the extra points I freed up by dropping some int I rearranged some pathing to be able to put a point into power charge duration which now gives me permanent power charges to go with the perm frenzy charges.

The normal life regen isnt really necessary its just nice to be able to run all over my hideout and not watch my life deplete. Again leech rate is plenty I havnt really died because I leech too slowly (I only because I get surrounded in delve usually). It would be easy enough to put the point in VP if i wanted to though I path right by it.

I do wonder how the Doryani POI idea you updated into your build would work

I saw that with the Wrath.
In the end, 2 good Rares will always beat that tho. Since you said you wanted to push the Character, I assumed you would want to know that.

The PoI Doryanis is just for the safer/HC Variant. I recommend either a 21 PoI + 3 Empower or Doryanis PoI there, to get some good max Cold Res. Helps with Hopeshredders Degen (and Damage on Uber Elder etc.) even more, and there is some good Mitigation through Phys taken as Cold possible.
And Doryanis even offer some Damage and good Move Speed.

"
PsiBlades2002 wrote:
Came here to say thanks for this amazing build! Retired my toxic rain build for this one and got my first shaper kill ever!

Spoiler

Yo dude, glad you enjoy your Time so much!

Gz on the kills, pretty cool achievment :)

On the topic of your GEar, you should be able to pretty easily upgrade Rings, Amulet and Belt. I recommend you to check out the Stat Priority, and the premade Trade Links for those Slots.

Keep on going, and feel free to tell us how your journex towards Uber Elder (maybe) goes :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 1, 2018, 7:49:22 AM
Hi, after read this guide, I love it so far, just a few questions, thanks if anyone can reply :)

- Currently doing cold elehit with similar tree/jewels, using windripper/chin sol, how this one compared with cold elehit in both clear and single target? I did search a lot, but not many playing cold version, so I still don't know.

- Isn't 21/0 vaal rain of arrow gem better than 20/23? Since less aoe will make more arrows to hit target, and lv21 gem has 1 more arrow, is that right?
"
hnlyhyb wrote:
Hi, after read this guide, I love it so far, just a few questions, thanks if anyone can reply :)

- Currently doing cold elehit with similar tree/jewels, using windripper/chin sol, how this one compared with cold elehit in both clear and single target? I did search a lot, but not many playing cold version, so I still don't know.

- Isn't 21/0 vaal rain of arrow gem better than 20/23? Since less aoe will make more arrows to hit target, and lv21 gem has 1 more arrow, is that right?

Yo Dude, ty for the interest and compliment :)

I dont think I recommend a 20/23 Vaal RoA anywhere. And yes, 21 is technically BiS.
That said, 21 Vaal Gems are only available through doriyanis machinarium from back in Incursion, or as a random drop from Delves at insane prices.
The additional Gem Level doesnt add that much, and I dont really wanna add something to the Guide that right now is in such extremely short supply.

As for the Quality, I did some Testing with a 20/20 and 20/0 RoA, and didnt notice any difference in the spread. While it SHOULD increase the spread, at least to my eye it didnt. Admittedly, I didnt Test extremely indepth with frame by frame Video comparisons tho. Might do that in the Future. You can Check that in PoB as Well, it can Display the radi of Skills.
The only Thing that seemed to get bigger with Quality, was the explosion Radius of the individual arrows.

Fire Ele Hit is stronger than RoA.
Dont know the numbers of Cold Ele Hit tbh, but it might be the same.
RoA, at least to me, feels a Lot better and smoother to Play tho, and the Clearing is minimally better.
In Terms of Freeze Chance and time etc. both should be equal unless Cold Ele Hit offers vastly Superior amounts of Cold Damage.

Ty for pointinge in that direction, will do some math in PoB during the coming days and Report Back here.
Kinda focused more on RL and my other Build Guide these past few weeks.

Hope that about Covers it :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 2, 2018, 4:46:36 PM
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Emmm I was trying to use 'is' not 'isn't', my bad XD.
From your video, it really looks much smoother than elehit(at least scion version).
I'm gonna respec, already bought all items, 21/0 vaal rain of arrow is pretty cheap so I'm gonna use this one I think.
Thanks for the amazing guide and have a nice day :)
"
Guffinn wrote:
On the topic of your GEar, you should be able to pretty easily upgrade Rings, Amulet and Belt. I recommend you to check out the Stat Priority, and the premade Trade Links for those Slots.

Keep on going, and feel free to tell us how your journex towards Uber Elder (maybe) goes :)

I don't think the Trade Links will help me much since I'm SSF only :)

I'm at Uber Elder and have five key sets saved up. Still a work in progress.

Got my first Delve boss kill though for 31st challenge!

Hi Guffin,
Thought I'd try something different - didn't even know you had another build! I'm still low level and just gearing, but I have a 2 part question:

Firstly, what should I craft on this helmet? I got pretty ok mods crafting it with fossils, so I assume I'd add %Evasion or EDwAS - thoughts?

Secondly, which helmet would you use considering I don't have the enchant on Starkonja's?
POB doesn't tell me the impact of 15% additional RoA sequence nor the -9% res (I assume nice for bosses).

Thanks in advance & for another awesome guide!
Can't wait to run both your builds in a new league, I was a bit late to the party with this one so I'm just doing it for kicks - fun so far :)
"
PsiBlades2002 wrote:
I don't think the Trade Links will help me much since I'm SSF only :)

I'm at Uber Elder and have five key sets saved up. Still a work in progress.

Got my first Delve boss kill though for 31st challenge!

Haha, sorry didnt notice that :D

That makes your Progress even more impressive!
Big props for pulling through in SSF, any specific Disclaimers you wanna make if someone asks me whether or not this is SSF viable?
Despite the obviousy fact that Hopeshredder is hidden behind Elder :P

As for the Rings I'd try my luck with Hatred Essences on any Opal Rings you have, usually turns out pretty usable with a decent Life Roll.

Gl and hf on your further SSF journey, feel free to keep us updated on those Uber Elder adventures :)

"
eaglecnt wrote:
Hi Guffin,
Thought I'd try something different - didn't even know you had another build! I'm still low level and just gearing, but I have a 2 part question:

Firstly, what should I craft on this helmet? I got pretty ok mods crafting it with fossils, so I assume I'd add %Evasion or EDwAS - thoughts?

Secondly, which helmet would you use considering I don't have the enchant on Starkonja's?
POB doesn't tell me the impact of 15% additional RoA sequence nor the -9% res (I assume nice for bosses).

Thanks in advance & for another awesome guide!
Can't wait to run both your builds in a new league, I was a bit late to the party with this one so I'm just doing it for kicks - fun so far :)

Yo mate, cool to see you coming by :D

As far as I can tell that Helm is full on Suffixes, so you can craft WED (costs a Divine tho) which is pretty nice.
Great Helm btw, couldn't really ask for more! The Enchant is basically 15% more DPS, and the Cold Res doesn't work in PoB for now. Could lower the enemies Resistances in the Settings tho for example.
The Rare is far better than Starkojas, I list the latter as first in the Guide because it is decent and widely used as a Base for enchants, so they're easier/cheaper to get.

Hope you continue to have fun, feel free to drop by if you encounter any problems :)

Got the 12% :)
Hey, just came here to thank you for this amazing build. I came back to the game after quitting during Awakening and my goal was to clear all the hard content that had been released since then. Thanks to this build I can farm Uber Elder very comfortably. I did make the swap to Scourge Arrow as its damage is truly busted. So cheers for making my returned player experience a breeze:)
Last edited by grabendelle on Nov 14, 2018, 5:19:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info