[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I just want to point out that intuitive leap in the jewel slot under Survivalist could be an option.

You can pick up 5 notables without having to go through the connecting nodes. Although sometimes, they're nice nodes, like the 5% life one. Acuity is a node we wouldnt pick up usually, but that 20% inc global accuracy rating could be nice if you dont have much on gear. Just a thought!
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Hey Guff, just wanted to give you a final update in this league. I got this character to level 93 and it got me my first Uber Elder kill :) It took 3 attempts, but that fight has a bit of a learning curve... I doubt I will put the time and currency into doing UE again (this league), but it was damn satisfying to finally be able to get there and finish it! (honestly, my map completion is 154/159 and in the 8 rare T16 maps I did to encounter that bastard I didn't get a single T16 map drop!!). Now it costs about ~150c for the Uber Atziri fragments, I'm tempted to not do it out of spite, but I probably will this weekend...
Anyway, thanks again for all that you do here - see you in Betrayal! Hope you get some time to play in that league.
Last edited by eaglecnt on Nov 30, 2018, 5:35:21 AM
thought about using PF instead of raider for better flask sustain and penetration ?
Any reason we're not using Lioneyes Jewel to pick up even more leech / multi?

Sorry if already asked & answered :)

Lovely build, thanks for sharing!
"
niuage wrote:
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I just want to point out that intuitive leap in the jewel slot under Survivalist could be an option.

You can pick up 5 notables without having to go through the connecting nodes. Although sometimes, they're nice nodes, like the 5% life one. Acuity is a node we wouldnt pick up usually, but that 20% inc global accuracy rating could be nice if you dont have much on gear. Just a thought!

Hey mate, thanks for the Input!

Sadly Intuitive Leap there isn't worth it toooo much.
Survivalist is wasted on a Setup that uses Lorewave, thus making it only 4 Notables we can take.
And Acuity is good, but generally one of our weakest Notables on that Side of the Tree.

Saving 5 Travel Nodes and gaining a Notable sounds cool, but like you said the 2 5% Life Nodes are ones we'd take anyways (and the Nodes before Heartseeker are good as well). Making this only 2 free Skillpoints, at the loss of a Jewel Socket and gaining a subpar Notable.

The 2 saved Points can't get a Jewel Back. Basically it can result in the same/slightly more Damage at the loss of Life, or Vice Versa.

That's a very cool idea tho, maybe people with Accuracy problems (shouldn't be any tbh :P) can do that, ty for pointing it out!

"
eaglecnt wrote:
Hey Guff, just wanted to give you a final update in this league. I got this character to level 93 and it got me my first Uber Elder kill :) It took 3 attempts, but that fight has a bit of a learning curve... I doubt I will put the time and currency into doing UE again (this league), but it was damn satisfying to finally be able to get there and finish it! (honestly, my map completion is 154/159 and in the 8 rare T16 maps I did to encounter that bastard I didn't get a single T16 map drop!!). Now it costs about ~150c for the Uber Atziri fragments, I'm tempted to not do it out of spite, but I probably will this weekend...
Anyway, thanks again for all that you do here - see you in Betrayal! Hope you get some time to play in that league.

Yo dude, glad to hear it's been going so well :)

Big gz on the Uber Elder Kill, that must've felt satisfying :D Maybe a bit lessened by the lack of T16 returns, but that's how it goes sometimes. Next time chuck in some sac Fragments and use a good Zana Mod for quant if you didn't alrready.
If you decide to give Uber Atziri a shot, be extra careful on your positioning during the clone Phase, as RoAs AoE might hit the Mirror Clone and wreck you due to reflect.

Really happy that my Build could help you out a bit and that it's been enjoyable. As for Betrayal, I doubt that I'll be able to play. RL and University are pretty stressfull atm, don't really have the time. Actually wanted to add some stuff to both Guides for 2 weeks or so at this point, just haven't got to it really :P
Gl and hf in Betrayal!

"
KaiEon wrote:
thought about using PF instead of raider for better flask sustain and penetration ?

You DO realize that Raider is needed to get Frenzy Charges for Hopeshredder, right :P? That's the central piece of this Guide :D

"
lolepple wrote:
Any reason we're not using Lioneyes Jewel to pick up even more leech / multi?

Sorry if already asked & answered :)

Lovely build, thanks for sharing!

I have that in the FAQ.
It's good, but not terribly worth it. And it's not "more" Leech, you wouldn't Leech more all of a sudden. Life leeched per second only affects how fast we reach the Leech Cap, and a normal Attack does that anyways.

Ty for the compliment btw :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Dec 2, 2018, 4:48:51 PM
Hey i really wanna play a bow character and i wanna try this build but do you recommend it as a league starter?
Hey, why don't you pick up cold conversion passives in the ranger area? 2 passives 3,8% dps increase per point on average according to pob.
"
Yalarun wrote:
Hey i really wanna play a bow character and i wanna try this build but do you recommend it as a league starter?

Thanks for considering my build Mate!

But lets wait for the Patch Notes First, who knows what will change :P

IF nothing Changes: I dont really recommend it as a League Starter for a new Player. Scions are generally Harder to Level through the Acts than other ascendancies, and newer players Might struggle with that.
Its certainly possible to do, and others have done it before, especially since RoA and Toxic Rain are excellent for levelling.

I Just wouldnt really recommend it for a Brand new League start to someone thats not that experienced. But I dont know where you fit in there, so its your call :P

If you decide to try it out, feel free to Tell us how it went and ask for Help Here If you need any!

"
vipzor wrote:
Hey, why don't you pick up cold conversion passives in the ranger area? 2 passives 3,8% dps increase per point on average according to pob.

We dont have a Lot of physical damage to convert. Hopeshredder is a veeeery low phys weapon, this is more of a flat elemental stacking build.

Sure, it will increase damage. Both from a tiny Bit of conversion and also the Cold Damage increases on These nodes. But there are far better 3 Points we can invest.
Soooo, PoB lies? :D It shows they give more dps than most of the other nodes.
Love the guide. Excited to start it in 3.5! Will let you know how it goes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info