[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

can u help, why i got lower dps then u?) check gear pls
"
Grimcreeper88 wrote:
Currently playing this build because I minmaxed my Toxic Rain Trickster to death but couldn't take down U. Elder. Just picked up these this evening:

Now I'm running Hatred AND Wrath and getting killer DPS and the amulet helps save me a point on the tree for intelligence. The only thing I've noticed is my health still seems low (Around 6k). Is this a level problem or will my health just skyrocket when I throw on Kaom's roots? Also, what do you think the best corruption for Tombfist is? Crit chance or +1 Frenzy charge? Thanks!

Hey mate, cool to see you pick up such an insane Item :)

I went over Aul's in the 3.4 Update Segment, and explore the possibilities there a bit. That said, you can fix Int on a Rare Amulet as well, and it would be a huge Life Boost as well. The "only" Bonus from Auls is the free Wrath, which is great but a rare Amulet can still get close to that (or beat it if it's hella expensive :P).
I'd recommend a Rare any day.

As for your Life, it mostly comes down to low Life Rolls on everything.
Rings, Loreweave, Abyss Jewels, etc. are all with relatively low rolls.
And Auls obviously drops your Life by a metric fuckton :P

As for the Corruption, that's something only PoB can answer you correctly as it's down to the individual Character.
For me personally a perfect Crit Corruption (0.8%) is a 5.7% DPS increase, while a Frenzy would be 6.1%.

Hope I could cover everything :) Let me know if anything else comes up.

"
Morelikeew wrote:

It's been a fun journey. I had never even attempted Shaper before this league.
Spoiler

I steamrolled Shaper; went into Uber Elder with no experience and only 2 Shaper kills (accidentally ran a second one bc didn't check guardians attempting Uber Elder)

I bricked my first set on the last phase; as I got instagibbed by Shaper balls 3 times in a row before leech was up after dying the first time.

Second set would have been deathless except I think I got crit as I Culled him? Regardless; it went incredibly smoothly until that point.

Uber_Kill_Gear

+ 2 Meeks; and none of my Abyssal jewels were over 40c.

Incredibly solid all-round build; would reccomend to anyone.

Yo dude, cool to see that you could go so far with the Build!

Big gratz on the kills, and thank you very much for the solid recommendation :)
I assure you the next kills will be Deathless, it's mostly down to experience with the fight!

Do you want to continue playing the Build, or is it time to go on with something else?

"
S-T-E-N wrote:
can u help, why i got lower dps then u?) check gear pls

Yo dude, sure I can have a look :)

You are sitting at 209k Shaper DPS per Arrow currently, which is fine honestly.
Remember to use this instead of the normal Unnatural Instinct in PoB, it is currently not working with Meeks:
Spoiler
Guffinn's Unnatural Instinct placeholder for 2 Meeks Scion Setup, as its Interaction with Meeks doesnt work in PoB yet.
Viridian Jewel
Radius: Small
Limited to: 1
Implicits: 0
26% increased Attack Speed
+82% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
8% increased Maximum Life
16% increased Movement Speed
+10 to Intelligence
16% increased Cast Speed
+10 Life gained on Kill
+10 to Dexterity
Minions have +6% Chance to Block Attack Damage
12% increased Spell Damage

That said, the difference in DPS comes down to this:

Use an Attziris Flask (ideally instead of the Life Flask
-> 234k Shaper DPS per Arrow
You don't have the same Boot enchant as me (10% Pen)
-> 255k Shaper DPS per Arrow
You are still missing some Passive Points compared to me. Could be used on Flash Freeze or a Jewel
-> 266k Shaper DPS per Arrow (with Flash Freeze)
You are nor using a Forst Bomb, which is a HUGE Dps increase
-> 320k Shaper DPS per Arrow
Use Conc Effect for Bosses
-> 459k Shaper DPS per Arrow.
https://pastebin.com/bu0Yh7pW

The frost bomb is something you can fix instantly. It only needs to be Level 1.

Overall, your Gear looks damn solid!
And as you can see, you can reach even more DPS than me :P

Hope that gives you a point to start from, let me know how it goes for you :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 18, 2018, 5:32:48 PM
I just want to say your build is awesome. Thank you
Have u killed all delve bosses and what was your deepest solo delve level with this build?
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
xxKillerZ wrote:
I just got my first uber elder kill ever, and it was with this build!
Spoiler

Gear used:
Spoiler

Pretty lame gear, rares aren't nothing too special, was hard to get rings because i needed resists, and was hard to get a ammy because i needed STR and INT, and my budget wasnt too big. No loreweave, no kaoms chest, no 2 sockets bubonic, no meeks, no watchers, and the build still managed to carry me to my first uber elder kill(i didnt managed to do it before even on pre-nerf arc traps!!!).

On PoB, i had 162k per arrow DPS (1.3M with scourge arrow) and 6k life. I dont think you need 200k DPS to kill uber elder as guffin said, the swap to Scourge Arrow is pretty strong and my damage was very very high during the fight once i got to full charges. But he recommended 6.2k life and i totally agree, even with 80% cold res, shaper balls would oneshot me sometimes, so if you could aim for higher life you will be safer.

By last i just want to thanks guffin for the amazing guide, mapping was a blast with the build and since i got the rare upgrades, single target started to be a joke because the damage got really high. Very good overall build, would recommend 10/10

Hey mate, glad to hear you have such a good time and like the Build!

Big Gz on the first kill!

As for the Damage Numbers etc.: I tried to give a rough estimate for a really comfortable Kill, it can always be done with less :P I did a 60c Budget Uber Elder Kill Video with my other Build at 5.8k Life and 1kk Shaper DPS tops, still I won't recommend people to go into the fight with that.

As you say: your Gear could be improved a lot. Ever more so impressive that you managed to kill Uber Elder!

Again, feels good to hear you having such success! If you decide to play the Character further, feel free to keep us updated on big Upgrades :)

I decided to go for another character because thats how i play the game, even playing only casually on weekends i like to do 3 or more chars per league, and i was playing this for about a month(almost a record!).
My char will remain there as a prove that you can kill everything in the game with this build even with shit gear/numbers because 6k life and 170k arrow DPS is nothing too special. I feel pleasured with your compliment but after bricking so many sets with other OP builds(arc traps and BV) i cant say im any good at this game hahaha, but this build still carried me thru all the endgame specially on uber elder

After my post still managed to get a Uber Atziri kill with Rain of Arrows(wanted to test it out for single target 4fun and was afraid of SA killing me in atziri split phase). Pretty easy once you know the mechanics, had some deaths because of dumb facetanking, one on the trio because i was dumb enough to not kill the witch first, and two on the split phase because i didnt had too much damage(crap gear resulting in 170k shaper deeps on PoB), so not instakilling her + facetanking was a obvious death for me.

With this uber kill i managed to finish the whole endgame deadly encounters with this character, killed all content besides Aul and Kurgal(cant kill if you dont find them xd). Its one of the fastest mappers i ever played and probably the strongest boss killer as it was the only who killed uber elder, not necessarily strongest in terms of DPS but because its so safe and easy to play with many offensive/defensive mechanics. I will still keep the gear and keep the char as a kind of "memorial" of my first uber elder kill, and if i find aul/kurgal till the end of the league it will probably be the char i will use to try to kill them
Last edited by xxKillerZ on Oct 22, 2018, 6:21:23 PM
Yo everyone, was busy the last week in RL so didn't have time to answer here. My apologies.

"
Rogogomogofl wrote:
I just want to say your build is awesome. Thank you

Thanks for the kind words mate, glad you enjoy it :)

If you ever need help along the way, or want to share an achievement, feel free to drop by in this thread :P

"
hypnos1337 wrote:
Have u killed all delve bosses and what was your deepest solo delve level with this build?

I don't personally play Delve, due to time constraints during the first 3 weeks of the League.

That said, a few weeks ago some other guy asked it and back then the deepest guy was at 600.
Right now there are 9 people from 600 to 637 in Delve SC, no idea how many of the Bosses they did with that though.
You can always check the depths on Poe.Ninja.

If you decide to give this Build a shot, lets us know how you handle those Delves :D

"
xxKillerZ wrote:
Spoiler
I decided to go for another character because thats how i play the game, even playing only casually on weekends i like to do 3 or more chars per league, and i was playing this for about a month(almost a record!).
My char will remain there as a prove that you can kill everything in the game with this build even with shit gear/numbers because 6k life and 170k arrow DPS is nothing too special. I feel pleasured with your compliment but after bricking so many sets with other OP builds(arc traps and BV) i cant say im any good at this game hahaha, but this build still carried me thru all the endgame specially on uber elder

After my post still managed to get a Uber Atziri kill with Rain of Arrows(wanted to test it out for single target 4fun and was afraid of SA killing me in atziri split phase). Pretty easy once you know the mechanics, had some deaths because of dumb facetanking, one on the trio because i was dumb enough to not kill the witch first, and two on the split phase because i didnt had too much damage(crap gear resulting in 170k shaper deeps on PoB), so not instakilling her + facetanking was a obvious death for me.

With this uber kill i managed to finish the whole endgame deadly encounters with this character, killed all content besides Aul and Kurgal(cant kill if you dont find them xd). Its one of the fastest mappers i ever played and probably the strongest boss killer as it was the only who killed uber elder, not necessarily strongest in terms of DPS but because its so safe and easy to play with many offensive/defensive mechanics. I will still keep the gear and keep the char as a kind of "memorial" of my first uber elder kill, and if i find aul/kurgal till the end of the league it will probably be the char i will use to try to kill them

Moving on with Characters is a perfectly normal thing to do in this game, but I'm very thankful how high you regard this Build!

Big gz on clearing most of the Endgame Bosses, and I say it again: especially with that gear and experience it is still rather impressive.

Keep on going, maybe you give my other Guide on here a shot next League if you are into melee :P
Bear with me here for a moment it had a purpose trust me....

So I got bored of my TS Windripper mfer and decided to make a Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow build after I bought a Farrul's Fur for my cycloner. I ended up tanking the cyclone build (which was quite fun and efficient - pushed past depth 420, just got bored with him as well) and have focused on using all of my acquired wealth to push this Hopeshredder build to its limits. At this stage I only feel like I need to shore up one more item slot, as I just purchased a shaped ring to pair with an elder mark that gives wrath. Unfortunately I don't have the wrath ring yet but I'm getting very close to finalizing the build and feel like i can start talking about my experience with it at this point. Also my farrul's bite could use a proper enchant but with my hatred of running lab and the scarcity of this item actually acquiring one with said enchant is probably a pipe dream to me at this point.

So the build....my build, if you will, is a collection of what I've read and learned from 3 separate Hopeshredder builds. The Guffinn scion build, the SkillshotsOP scion build, and the JordanIbanez raider build. I'm going to make this post in all 3 of your threads as I feel like it has some constructive input that all 3 may or maty not be able to take advantage of, or maybe one of you can tell me how im being an idiot by trying to merge all 3 into one and not take full advantage of your own particular optimized setup. I'm definitely not saying any one is better than any other.

From JordanIbanez:
The idea to use Farruls Fur and Bite in a bow build, using Ridwalds, and using a 6 link barrage setup. This is actuall ythe build that made me turn to Hopeshredder in the first place, as I already had a Raider at level 94 ready to go. I am also using his suggested gem setup of Scourge Arrow / WED / Added Cold / Cold Pen / Ice Bite / Mirage Archer.

From Guffin and SkillshotsOP:
To go scion. The overleech alone from scion slayer is alone superior to going Raider, in my opinion. The ability to go either Raider or Juggernaut is also fantastic but I will so going Juggernaut is a huge QOL upgrade just the increase in survivability alone is worth it over raider. Another reason why I went this route is because along with the Farrul's my cycloner was running the unnatural instinct setup, allowing me to take advantage of currency already spent. Skillshot also gave me the idea to try a wrath Mark of the elder (which once again I am still trying to acquire and is the final piece to my setup)

What I have done different from any of the 3:

First I tried running a Haste Aul's Uprising to make use of an onslaught on kill watchers eye, but I moved on from that in favor of an Aul's Uprising Wrath ammy to have all 4 auras of Aspect of the Cat / Herald of Ice / Hatred / AND Wrath all up without issue. This allows me to take advantage of a Hated/Wrath watchers eye (ideal would be flat increased crit % from hatred / increased crit chance from wrath).

Also I decided to avoid Vaal Pact. It is not necessary. My leech is already very strong, and by foregoing Vaal Pact I am able to not only negate the degen from Hopeshredder, as I have a positive regen while moving with full frenzy charges and arakaali boost.

Now final damage and life will be different from right now due to switching to the Elder mark ring, namely damage goes up and life goes down....I also havnt stuffed a wise oak in there yet permanently as I am really keen on having freeze/curse immunity so I use these with a quicksilver for mapping and move the Wise Oak in for uber elder and delve situations.

Anyways thank you for putting your build out there I've had a lot of fun using and abusing it to my own bastardized nefarious intentions

enough with the chit chat, heres how I've decided to create my loadout:

Spoiler

And here's how the stats break down, idle, in hideout, without any flask or on hit buffs:
album: https://imgur.com/a/UZwsHVn
pics:
Spoiler

level 95 Jugg/Slayer Scion:
Defense

Scourge

Barrage

level 94 Raider:
Defense

Scourge

Barrage

What gets cut off in the stats screenshots?
Nothing much except offensively both setups have 55 cold pen and 11 light pen (not counting wise oak!)
Defensively Scion gets +83% movespeed while Raider gets +100% movespeed

Once again, I am posting this in all 3 threads mentioned above. Not to get any recognition or to start any mine is better argument trash, but in hopes that it might have some positive impact on the way any of these builds function. These are all 3 very amazing builds. I have killed Uber Elder deathless and cleared depth 400+ content with all 3 setups, so what else can be said. Your builds function phenomenally, just throwing some of my experiences at the wall for your digestion I suppose you could say.

Thank you!
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Oct 28, 2018, 11:20:41 PM
Been playing around wit this build.
Pretty fun btw.
Spoiler

and
2 x Might 1 x Unnatural and 1 x Watcher's eye with Crit + Phasing on Haste

Not sure should I throw in 6ex for aul with Haste reserved no mana for 100% phasing?
I dont have any problem with general mapping and use Scourge arrow for the boss.
What should I upgrade next?

"
Spoiler
Bear with me here for a moment it had a purpose trust me....

So I got bored of my TS Windripper mfer and decided to make a Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow build after I bought a Farrul's Fur for my cycloner. I ended up tanking the cyclone build (which was quite fun and efficient - pushed past depth 420, just got bored with him as well) and have focused on using all of my acquired wealth to push this Hopeshredder build to its limits. At this stage I only feel like I need to shore up one more item slot, as I just purchased a shaped ring to pair with an elder mark that gives wrath. Unfortunately I don't have the wrath ring yet but I'm getting very close to finalizing the build and feel like i can start talking about my experience with it at this point. Also my farrul's bite could use a proper enchant but with my hatred of running lab and the scarcity of this item actually acquiring one with said enchant is probably a pipe dream to me at this point.

So the build....my build, if you will, is a collection of what I've read and learned from 3 separate Hopeshredder builds. The Guffinn scion build, the SkillshotsOP scion build, and the JordanIbanez raider build. I'm going to make this post in all 3 of your threads as I feel like it has some constructive input that all 3 may or maty not be able to take advantage of, or maybe one of you can tell me how im being an idiot by trying to merge all 3 into one and not take full advantage of your own particular optimized setup. I'm definitely not saying any one is better than any other.

From JordanIbanez:
The idea to use Farruls Fur and Bite in a bow build, using Ridwalds, and using a 6 link barrage setup. This is actuall ythe build that made me turn to Hopeshredder in the first place, as I already had a Raider at level 94 ready to go. I am also using his suggested gem setup of Scourge Arrow / WED / Added Cold / Cold Pen / Ice Bite / Mirage Archer.

From Guffin and SkillshotsOP:
To go scion. The overleech alone from scion slayer is alone superior to going Raider, in my opinion. The ability to go either Raider or Juggernaut is also fantastic but I will so going Juggernaut is a huge QOL upgrade just the increase in survivability alone is worth it over raider. Another reason why I went this route is because along with the Farrul's my cycloner was running the unnatural instinct setup, allowing me to take advantage of currency already spent. Skillshot also gave me the idea to try a wrath Mark of the elder (which once again I am still trying to acquire and is the final piece to my setup)

What I have done different from any of the 3:

First I tried running a Haste Aul's Uprising to make use of an onslaught on kill watchers eye, but I moved on from that in favor of an Aul's Uprising Wrath ammy to have all 4 auras of Aspect of the Cat / Herald of Ice / Hatred / AND Wrath all up without issue. This allows me to take advantage of a Hated/Wrath watchers eye (ideal would be flat increased crit % from hatred / increased crit chance from wrath).

Also I decided to avoid Vaal Pact. It is not necessary. My leech is already very strong, and by foregoing Vaal Pact I am able to not only negate the degen from Hopeshredder, as I have a positive regen while moving with full frenzy charges and arakaali boost.

Now final damage and life will be different from right now due to switching to the Elder mark ring, namely damage goes up and life goes down....I also havnt stuffed a wise oak in there yet permanently as I am really keen on having freeze/curse immunity so I use these with a quicksilver for mapping and move the Wise Oak in for uber elder and delve situations.

Anyways thank you for putting your build out there I've had a lot of fun using and abusing it to my own bastardized nefarious intentions

enough with the chit chat, heres how I've decided to create my loadout:

Spoiler

And here's how the stats break down, idle, in hideout, without any flask or on hit buffs:
album: https://imgur.com/a/UZwsHVn
pics:
Spoiler

level 95 Jugg/Slayer Scion:
Defense

Scourge

Barrage

level 94 Raider:
Defense

Scourge

Barrage

What gets cut off in the stats screenshots?
Nothing much except offensively both setups have 55 cold pen and 11 light pen (not counting wise oak!)
Defensively Scion gets +83% movespeed while Raider gets +100% movespeed

Once again, I am posting this in all 3 threads mentioned above. Not to get any recognition or to start any mine is better argument trash, but in hopes that it might have some positive impact on the way any of these builds function. These are all 3 very amazing builds. I have killed Uber Elder deathless and cleared depth 400+ content with all 3 setups, so what else can be said. Your builds function phenomenally, just throwing some of my experiences at the wall for your digestion I suppose you could say.

Thank you!

Hey mate, very cool to hear your story!

Happy you are having a good time so far, and making your own adaptions is always nice when they work out :)

Just note that Mark of the Elder is never the final Solution, as Rares always can beat it. It's just a solid Budget Option.
And really reconsider VP, there is no reason to not take it as a Slayer. Why would you even need normal Regen in any Situation? There is virtually no place where VP Overleech isn't better than standard unscaled Regen.
Farruls Fur was discussed here repeatedly already.
I talk about Aul on the 3.4 Change Notes and it also has been discussed here frequently. But I will add my thoughts to the FAQ, ty for reminding me.

I don't think there is anything I would add to my Guide here.

That said, as long as everything works for you, no reason to change it :P
Gl and Hf continuing to push the character how you want to, hope you find some nice success :)

"
N4Z wrote:
Been playing around wit this build.
Pretty fun btw.
Spoiler

and
2 x Might 1 x Unnatural and 1 x Watcher's eye with Crit + Phasing on Haste

Not sure should I throw in 6ex for aul with Haste reserved no mana for 100% phasing?
I dont have any problem with general mapping and use Scourge arrow for the boss.
What should I upgrade next?

Yo dude, glad to hear you enjoy your time :)

Perma Phasing is not really worth it, can just get it from a Flask while mapping (where it really shines).
Rather, I'd actually replace the Yoke for a Rare Amulet. They can get close in Damage and offer waaaaaay more Survivability and can help out with Stats etc. as well. I discussed the Shock here already, but tldr is it's not worth it for Scourge Arrow on Bosses due to unreliability and not offering any survivability whatsoever (which is the only thing needed). On mapping it obviously doesn't matter.

If anyone also reads that knock off guide: the Shock Calculations there are correct (but he got shapers health wrong afaik), but he doesnt take the chance to shock into account. It is unreliable even with Inc Crit Strikes, but even if it wasn't: it is not worth it compared to the incredibly way higher Survivability (ON TOP of constant reliable Damage that gets close) a rare Amulet offers.

Other than that, Doom Finger should be easy to upgrade to a Ring with WED, Flat Cold and more Life. You might wanna check the Tradelinks for that.

A 2 socket Tombfists also comes to mind, you can drop the Lightning Golem probably. Why do you even have that, did you take Elementalist somewhere?
Would help with Survivability through Life and max Leech Rate, as well as Damage obviously.

Rare Boots with more Life, Res and the same Movespeed also will be hella cheap.

And don't forget to get some qualitied 20/20 gems :P

Should all be possible within 6ex pretty easily, but that's all that comes to mind for now.
Hope that gives you something to start off of, feel free to let me know how it goes :)

Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 29, 2018, 6:22:22 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
-

The edler mark was to have a free level 21 wrath for 0 int requirement

i actually ended up getting one and switching my ring setup today

it ends up freeing up some stat points and the ring combo gives me the virtually the same life (was 6.97k is now 7.02k) and plenty more dps. my barrage now shows 99k dps, where before it was 87k. Scourge is now 114k where prior it was 101k.

Also, the extra points I freed up by dropping some int I rearranged some pathing to be able to put a point into power charge duration which now gives me permanent power charges to go with the perm frenzy charges.

The normal life regen isnt really necessary its just nice to be able to run all over my hideout and not watch my life deplete. Again leech rate is plenty I havnt really died because I leech too slowly (I only because I get surrounded in delve usually). It would be easy enough to put the point in VP if i wanted to though I path right by it.

I do wonder how the Doryani POI idea you updated into your build would work
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Oct 29, 2018, 8:01:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info