[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Would unnatural instinct work well in this setup? Also, curious if this would work for other skills as well (TS, etc). I've never used this bow, excited to try it out.
Thanks for making a guide for this build. I've played TS for 2 consecutive league, so I feel pretty fresh for revamped rain of arrow.

Finished my first uber elder in this league (deathless as well), the fight was pretty easy & straight forward because of overleeching, as well as acrobatics/phase acrobatics.

https://youtu.be/RnWZ3aVaG4U

----------------------------------------------------
Some Personal Thoughts

I fine-tuned the build a bit because of the new unnatural instinct jewel, cuz I can save 4 points at the start of scion area and go for duelist area for extra life, projectile damage and 6th frenzy charge.

However, it's depends on your gear whether pathing to duelist area, just use PoB min-max around the following nodes and find the best tree:
-king of the hill
-aspect of eagle
-forces of nature + revenge of the hunted
-2 points at the start of ranger area (26% proj damage + 4% attack speed)
-flash freeze
-duelist area (life/projectile damage/frenzy charge)

Also I'm using mark of the shaper + shaper-based ring setup, the damage of this setup is very comparable to two opal ring with 30%+ WED. IMO it's relatively easier and cheaper to acquire two opal ring with good roll.

For the helmet I just bought a ilvl 84 base with RoA enchant (for like 50-70c) and craft it with

spam it until you get -9% cold resistance to nearby enemies with some life/resis, pretty easy to craft as this fossil is dirt cheap.

You can add pristine fossil for % max life roll if you have more budget.

Finally here is my gear and PoB, I'm using an extra utility flask instead of atziri promise cuz I think I don't need extra dps. Quartz is good for exploring side area in delve and general dodge, Aquamarine is nice for uber elder fight. Sadima for mapping and Tombfist for boss fight.
Gear & Pantheon

Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali (with 50% recovery rate upgrade) + upgraded Soul of Yugul

Path of Building pastebin

https://pastebin.com/KVDxeHrB

Last edited by CuchulainnMC on Sep 17, 2018, 10:23:38 AM
"
martinwub wrote:
Hi would you plase take a look at my gear and the rest? Im no expert on path of building but it says i do half of your damage and it might be true , as my damage is really lackluster on end game bosses. Damage on full life i dont think i can use cause i see my health bar flicker all the time. And without crit gem i only have 50% crit chance.

Looking for what to change or upgrade. i also dont understand how hatred can be more dps when we have almost zero phys damage even if the jewel gives 100 flat.

Ive been following all the discussion in this thread and i really like the build. Trying to push deep into delves atm so trying to min max as much as possible. Thanks for all ur effort and taking ur time with responding to everyone. Here is a link to my characters. Its Alunaa
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/martinwub/characters

Hey mate, thanks for dropping by :)

As for Hatred: it's only more DPS with one of the good Watchers Eye Jewels, that's simply how it is. Hatred itself adds almost nothing to the Build. Until you get that, you can just use a low level Wrath, or simply Purity of Ice for safety.

As for your Gear/Character:
Please drop Primal Spirit, Harrier and the 1 Spell Damage Node before it, and go for Vaal Pact and Vitality Void, or at least Vaal Pact alone :)
Other than that, you are still missing the Forces of Nature Cluster. You can even grab more Life over there via Revenge of the Hunted.
Also I don't consider Survivalist necessary at all after the Hopeshredder Buffs. Especially with Vaal Pact and Vitality Void, you won't notice any Degen even if you only have 75% Cold Res.

Other than that, the DPS difference comes from you not using any DPS Flasks and having slightly worse Gear than my Char had.
With Vaal Pact(+ Vitality Void), you can drop both Life Flasks and go for Atziris Promise + Wise Oak for a huge DPS Boost.
Also my rares are generally slightly better I guess, and the Enchant on Bubonics (10% pen) also helps a lot.
Gz on the Sick +1 Frenzy Tombfists tho :D

Hope that gives you a point to start from :) Your Character looks really good overall tho! You definitely got the gist of how to gear it.

"
Moemed wrote:
Would unnatural instinct work well in this setup? Also, curious if this would work for other skills as well (TS, etc). I've never used this bow, excited to try it out.

Yes, it works great with 2 Meeks. Check my "GuffinMcFlurry" Character to see how the Setup is done.
Didn't include it in the Guide until now because I was away on Vacation for a week, and simply didnt have Time (and the Jewel :P) afterwards. I will include it in both of my Guides later today.

And yeah, you can obviously use TS/LA/Ice Shot with it, but then you have to get 2 six Links (either Chest or a weapon swap Bow) for a Barrage Setup. Also gotta Build in a bit of Pierce to make map Clear feel good. Either vie Voidwalker for mapping, or the Pierce Nodes on the Tree.
Generally it ends up costing a LOT more, and as you can see in the Videos RoA deals with Clear and Singletarget incredibly well on its own.
That said, I will add a Setup for that into the second Post one day, even tho I don't recommend it. Some people just like that playstyle/these Skills.

Hope that about covers it :)

"
CuchulainnMC wrote:
Thanks for making a guide for this build. I've played TS for 2 consecutive league, so I feel pretty fresh for revamped rain of arrow.

Finished my first uber elder in this league (deathless as well), the fight was pretty easy & straight forward because of overleeching, as well as acrobatics/phase acrobatics.

https://youtu.be/RnWZ3aVaG4U

----------------------------------------------------
Some Personal Thoughts

Spoiler
I fine-tuned the build a bit because of the new unnatural instinct jewel, cuz I can save 4 points at the start of scion area and go for duelist area for extra life, projectile damage and 6th frenzy charge.

However, it's depends on your gear whether pathing to duelist area, just use PoB min-max around the following nodes and find the best tree:
-king of the hill
-aspect of eagle
-forces of nature + revenge of the hunted
-2 points at the start of ranger area (26% proj damage + 4% attack speed)
-flash freeze
-duelist area (life/projectile damage/frenzy charge)

Also I'm using mark of the shaper + shaper-based ring setup, the damage of this setup is very comparable to two opal ring with 30%+ WED. IMO it's relatively easier and cheaper to acquire two opal ring with good roll.

For the helmet I just bought a ilvl 84 base with RoA enchant (for like 50-70c) and craft it with

spam it until you get -9% cold resistance to nearby enemies with some life/resis, pretty easy to craft as this fossil is dirt cheap.

You can add pristine fossil for % max life roll if you have more budget.

Finally here is my gear and PoB, I'm using an extra utility flask instead of atziri promise cuz I think I don't need extra dps. Quartz is good for exploring side area in delve and general dodge, Aquamarine is nice for uber elder fight. Sadima for mapping and Tombfist for boss fight.
Gear & Pantheon

Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali (with 50% recovery rate upgrade) + upgraded Soul of Yugul

Path of Building pastebin

https://pastebin.com/KVDxeHrB

Ty for dropping by, and glad you enjoyed the Build and were successful with it :)

I've been aware of Unnatural Instincts for a long time now, but like I said above I simply havent found the time to incorporate it until now.
Starting from Duelist is a straight up DPS and Life increase, no matter your Gear.
That said, it's not that big in both of these Aspects and I don't like the loss of 25% Proj Speed. Feels bad in every Situation IMO.

Yes, Mark of the Elder is good, but ultimately 2 Rares will always be better/scale Higher.

The Fossil crafted -x% Cold Res Helmets were discussed before, and are a great addition. I will include them in the Guide when I add some other Stuff in.

Why do you point out the Pantheon tho, it's exactly like its explained in the Guide :D

Again, very glad to see someone took the Build so far :) And ty for sharing your experience, especially with a Video!
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 17, 2018, 12:42:31 PM
Could you give me an tree for a Ranger variant? I seem to struggle to get some decent life without huge cutbacks all around.
Hey I got a quick question about this build.
Doing this as a league starter and leveling with Sunder currently, it's going smoothly so far.
However, once I hit level 68 and get merc lab done, will I be able to transition straight into Hopeshredder? I have a tabula already thanks to a lucky early divine drop. I'm just worried about not being able to handle the degen and/or not having enough damage.
Hey great build! just wanted some clarification on mana reserve skills. do i stop using purity of ice once i get enough cold res? and there is no way to run purity/herald/hatred at the same time correct?

thank you.
"
5chneemensch wrote:
Could you give me an tree for a Ranger variant? I seem to struggle to get some decent life without huge cutbacks all around.

Not reaaaally, I personally don't think Raider lends itself too much to Hopeshredder. Sure you could grab all the Regen you can get, and maybe a few %regen while moving Abyss Jewels, as well as stack Cold Res.
But it will always be more awkward than Slayer Overleech.

"
Thunder71 wrote:
Hey I got a quick question about this build.
Doing this as a league starter and leveling with Sunder currently, it's going smoothly so far.
However, once I hit level 68 and get merc lab done, will I be able to transition straight into Hopeshredder? I have a tabula already thanks to a lucky early divine drop. I'm just worried about not being able to handle the degen and/or not having enough damage.

Cool to see that someone enjoys Sunder levelling for once :D

From what I've heard from others so far, jumping into Hopeshredder at like 70 or so (with merc lab) works out nicely. Would just recommend to always run PoI at the start.

Let me know how it goes for you :)

"
DrawingFlies wrote:
Hey great build! just wanted some clarification on mana reserve skills. do i stop using purity of ice once i get enough cold res? and there is no way to run purity/herald/hatred at the same time correct?

thank you.

Ty for the kind words :)

Like it says in the Gems Section, PoI is only really for the Survivability/HC Playstyle. Even with only 75% max Res, the Degen is easily dealt with. That said, if the Character is still undergeared/low level, I recommend running with PoI for a while.
And don't run Hatred until you have a good Watchers Eye. Use Wrath instead, once you feel you can drop the HoI.
But all of that is kinda explained in the Guide already :P

Hope I could cover everything. If you try the Build out, let me know how it goes for you :)
Having a bit of trouble with reflect maps. Granted I’m not running Val pact at the moment. Right now I use a sybils plus yugul pantheon, but that’s just 65% reduction. I suppose I could get to about 80 with the right ring- would PoI make a big diff for reflect dmg?
Hey, I am enjoying the roa build so far. The damage seems kinda low currently. I know that I am missing necessary gear like the body armour etc.

Could you have a look at my current gear and giye me an advice what items I should look for to improve?

Btw. Just out of curiosity: In how far would a windripper instead of the hopeshredder increase or decrease the damage? Can not go through POB currently.

Thank you in advance
"
rozakk wrote:
Having a bit of trouble with reflect maps. Granted I’m not running Val pact at the moment. Right now I use a sybils plus yugul pantheon, but that’s just 65% reduction. I suppose I could get to about 80 with the right ring- would PoI make a big diff for reflect dmg?

Yo dude :)

You need to run VP for this Build, it is essential. Obviously it's your own Character, and you can do what you want, but not running VP on a Build with Overleech is like not taking at least the first Acro Node when you're on the right Side of the Tree or something like that.
VP will also allow you to drop your 2 Life Flaks for a Quartz for added Survivability, and a Sapphire for easier Degen Management and Reflect Help.

As for Reflect: PoI, the Survivalist Node, Yugugl, Primeval Force and Sibyls let me almost completely ignore it. Maybe chuck in a sapphire Flask to be save.
I haven't tried out reflect maps on a Loreweave Setup yet, but it can work with Sibyls and maybe a balanced Wise Oak.

On the topic of Gear, I see you're running MF and that's fine. But please get a better Amulet, that one is pretty bad in all regards, the 20 something % Cold Damage alone is not that big. If you check the Trade Links, maybe the low budget ones, you will surely find something better :)
And if ever want to tackle Uber Elder etc., don't forget to swap out your MF Gear (Sadimas, Goldwyrm, Thiefs Torment) for Tombfist, Bubonics and proper rare Rings :)

Hope that gives you a starting Point, let me know how it goes!

"
Schwebbes wrote:
Hey, I am enjoying the roa build so far. The damage seems kinda low currently. I know that I am missing necessary gear like the body armour etc.

Could you have a look at my current gear and giye me an advice what items I should look for to improve?

Btw. Just out of curiosity: In how far would a windripper instead of the hopeshredder increase or decrease the damage? Can not go through POB currently.

Thank you in advance

Yo dude, thanks for giving the Build a shot :)

With regards to Windripper, even a max rolled one (which is obviously obscenely expensive) is a 10% DPS Downgrade for me at this Point.
The FAQ part abnut Windripper was from times before Hopeshredder got biuffed, like I said :P

As for your Damage, theres still tons of things you can work on.
Your Rares are decent for now, but there are better Rings (and maybe Amulets) out there. Even most of the "Low Budget" ones from my Trade Links will be improvements, just go look around there. Also, consider a Stygian Vise with a good Jewel soon.
You are still missing Levels, and for later on Quality, on your Gems.
2 Might of the Meeks are a great Life and DPS Upgrade alike.
You should drop that Life Flask for a Wise Oak soon (make sure your Cold Res is highest), we really don't need Life Flasks. And maybe swap out one Quicksilver for a Quartz.
Other than that, Kaoms is obviously a huge Survivability Boost and Loreweave adds a lot of Damage.

That's all that comes to mind right now. I recommend upgrading the Rares and the Flasks first and see where that takes you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info