[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

A Helmet with the new "nearby enemies have - to cold resistence" and life, maybe res could be better than a starkonjas for this build?

Ty,
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
A Helmet with the new "nearby enemies have - to cold resistence" and life, maybe res could be better than a starkonjas for this build?

Ty,

Hey mate, ty for the Input :)

Sure it could be better, but good luck trying to get an Enchant on that :P
The "15% chance to fire a second Rain" enchant is reaaaally good, and people enchant Starkonjas all the time. So naturally there are more on the market.
On the other hand, people only enchant crafted/finished Rares to use them on their own, and good "clean" rares/whites cost a lot when enchanted. So you would have to craft that yourself.

That said, I will add some Notes on optimal Setups later. Got a few Changes to make now that I'm back from Vacation :)
I buyed a rare Lion Pelt ilv 84 with the enchant for 60c, really not cheap, but not expensive either.

Now i need to craft and make a good helmet, this part is lucky dependant, but good to know that could be a good choice.

I like starkonja's, but i think i will have dificult with res balance, i'm leveling the build yet but i will post here when reach end game.
Hey Guffinn,

Is this build work with elemental reflect maps?

I'm getting instant death from killing a pack of mobs in level 7 Maps even.
"
obonut wrote:
Hey Guffinn,

Ah my bad, i didn't read the section on elemental reflect mapping. Should be ok now!
In your linked videos your packed mobs are trapped with ice shards, what skill is that?
I raider 7 frenzy, losing HP when moving a lot. Use purity of ice to increase cold res instead of harted.
Hi,
How does "Have onslought when have maximum frenzy charges" work?

Is it hidden buff? Since I cannot see it in my toolbar when having max frenzies.

Also, how much investment would you say it is needed for damage to feel at least average? Clear is really great, but single target damage just isn't there. Just done Ties 9 Elder, was probably hardest Elder I've ever done.

Thanks.
Last edited by Padashuruar on Sep 16, 2018, 11:40:29 AM
"
obonut wrote:
"
obonut wrote:
Hey Guffinn,

Ah my bad, i didn't read the section on elemental reflect mapping. Should be ok now!

I guess you figured it out :P
I still recommend rerolling Ele Reflect Maps, it sucks to waste time on equipping Reflect gear.

"
obonut wrote:
In your linked videos your packed mobs are trapped with ice shards, what skill is that?

That would be the Gloom Herald of Ice MTX. It's just a visual thing for Herald of Ice, nothing that actually affects Gameplay.

"
fatespring wrote:
I raider 7 frenzy, losing HP when moving a lot. Use purity of ice to increase cold res instead of harted.

I don't reaaaally get what you're saying :D
Can you please rephrase that?

"
Padashuruar wrote:
Hi,
How does "Have onslought when have maximum frenzy charges" work?

Is it hidden buff? Since I cannot see it in my toolbar when having max frenzies.

Also, how much investment would you say it is needed for damage to feel at least average? Clear is really great, but single target damage just isn't there. Just done Ties 9 Elder, was probably hardest Elder I've ever done.

Thanks.

Hey mate, that's a valid Question, many people get tricked by that :)

The Ascendant Raiders Onslaught Buff never showed in the Buff Bar, but you STILL have it. You can check that manuall in Tooltips or your Character Window by comparing Attack/Cast/Movement Speed Values.

As for your Damage:
You NEED to get better Rares (Rings, Amulet, Belt). As I say, these are incredibly important. Please use the Trade Links in the Endgame Gear Segment and get some with WED or Inc Cold Damage.
That's honestly the biggest thing for now.

Other than that, please get Vaal Pact. It is an invaluable Defense Mechanism, and after that you will be able to drop your Life Flask for a Wise Oak which will be a nice DPS increase :)
Also, you need to run a Frost Bomb. Placing it under a Boss is huge
Running Hatred doesnt make Sense if you don't have a Watchers Eye with Added Cold.
Either run a low level Wrath for now, or simply a Purity of Ice instead.

But all of that is explained in the Guide, reading it carefully will help.

Hope that gives you a point to start from, keep me updated on how it goes :)

I will make some Updates to this Guide and my other one tomorrow or so, cba right now. Nothing drastic tho.
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 16, 2018, 11:51:13 AM
Hi would you plase take a look at my gear and the rest? Im no expert on path of building but it says i do half of your damage and it might be true , as my damage is really lackluster on end game bosses. Damage on full life i dont think i can use cause i see my health bar flicker all the time. And without crit gem i only have 50% crit chance.

Looking for what to change or upgrade. i also dont understand how hatred can be more dps when we have almost zero phys damage even if the jewel gives 100 flat.

Ive been following all the discussion in this thread and i really like the build. Trying to push deep into delves atm so trying to min max as much as possible. Thanks for all ur effort and taking ur time with responding to everyone. Here is a link to my characters. Its Alunaa
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/martinwub/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info