[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Deleted post
Last edited by obonut on Sep 12, 2018, 4:49:59 AM
"
rozakk wrote:
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Chazua wrote:
Just wanted to say I'm loving this build so far. Started playing it as my 3rd build this league after Arc Totems and Consecrated Path. Ton of a fun, probably my favorite bow build I've played thus far. Also feels extremely strong and really safe. Facerolling 200+ delves and T13+ maps on a 5-link.

To anyone worried about the degen, it really isn't noticeable at all. The Arakaali Pantheon is super important and actually makes the degen a feature instead of a flaw as it gives us insane leech while standing still. Highly recommend the build!

Thanks for the kind words, very glad you enjoy your time.

"
rozakk wrote:
Spoiler
@OP happy days are here- i sold a void battery and then got a pure ex drop. i now have 7ex lol so am looking to make some upgrades.

as u can see i hvae some serious garbage lol. im only in t8 maps so i havent bothered, and was saving for meeks but i have all those done now.

so whats the first expensive-ish upgrade i should do ? should i splurge and get a loreweave to start with? or maybe a hatred watchers eye? lemme know, thanks!

edit -jsut picked up a watchers eye for 1 ex, - added cold dmg and also dmg taken as cold when effected by purity of ice. prolly cant run that until i get an enlighten setup tho. seems like it will be good for tough boss fighst tho

Gz on the nice drops mate :)

For now, the biggest Bang for your Buck will be proper Rares. Your LEft Ring and Amulet are pretty shit, just follow the Trade Links (if needed the low budget ones), to get better ones. Rares are pretty important for this Build.
And please drop that Mana Flask, a Diamond Flask is incredibly important for this Build in terms of DPS. And you can reven roll some immunity on it as well :P
And you can drop at least one Life Flask fro some Defensive Flask like a Quartz as well.

That's everything for now, gotta get going. Hope I could give you a starting point :)

yes what the guy above me said - without that mana flask there are timesi just stand there like a doofus unable to do anything. am i missing somehting? do i jus tneed more mana regen on items?
edit - this usually isnt an issue when i remembber to hit rallying cry, but im pretty sure this wasnt something expectedto be needed

You are missing the mana leech passive skill near the Herbalism tree. Also i have an extra life/mana passive skill bottom of Vaal pact. These 2 passives give combined 0.8% mana leech.
I've been trying out this build on Hardcore and I'm pretty sure going for duelist starting point is superior to ranger - using the same setup as your hardcore PoB you can get an extra 6.8% total DPS and +2.8% maximum life at the cost of some evasion basically

Here would be the duelist start tree:
http://poeurl.com/b5bg
i just got my watchers eye equipped (just the cheaper, added cold damage with hatred one) and the dmg now is silly in yellow maps. not sure yet on red tier but considering how garbage my gear currently is its nuts. im laying waste to bosses in some cases as fast as my old gc mine bosskiller build, and my map clearing is so ridiculous my mirage archer clears halfthe map when im just walking around looting lol. i dont even have a boot enchant yet.

once i get some top tier abyss jewels, manage to 6l my bow and then put on a kaoms, i may just sneak some MF in because its just complete overkill otherwise. totally underrated build.
I went to poe ninja to see who was running hopeshredder, and to my surprise everyone was running pretty much the same ROA build! I had to find who they were tailing. You must be very proud of such a successful guide and following. Having found you late, and had just played from scratch without any guide, I diverged on a bit of a different path, basically your suggestion of running barrage in 6L along with iceshot or LA.

Is there anything I am missing to push this hopeshredder build further? With barrage + dying sun single target, it gives max fire res, with boots, give max cold res, so loreweave not much sense for me.

I swap gloves between quant/frenzy and 2sock tombfist, and swap ring between ele weakness ring, unique power charge/cold per frenzy ring, and quant ring

And here is the rest

Thank you for reading and your time good sir
"
bdaniel18 wrote:
Hey, i'm having huge mana problems... Is there something i'm missing in the gameplay?

"
rozakk wrote:
yes what the guy above me said - without that mana flask there are timesi just stand there like a doofus unable to do anything. am i missing somehting? do i jus tneed more mana regen on items?
edit - this usually isnt an issue when i remembber to hit rallying cry, but im pretty sure this wasnt something expectedto be needed

You both just need one Mana Leech Node, as obonut so kindly already pointed out :)

Bdaniel: Your Character looks fine honestly, just go get your Uber Lab done and transition to the Endgame Trees :) That will give you heaps of more Life and DPS.
That's a good rare Gear Selection, but maybe get better Abyss Jewels. The ones in your Gloves/Boots are pretty subpar sadly.

"
rypdamyst wrote:
I've been trying out this build on Hardcore and I'm pretty sure going for duelist starting point is superior to ranger - using the same setup as your hardcore PoB you can get an extra 6.8% total DPS and +2.8% maximum life at the cost of some evasion basically

Here would be the duelist start tree:
http://poeurl.com/b5bg

Hey mate, ty for checking the Build out :)

Can't comment on that, as I can't run PoB on this shitty Mac I have with me on Vacation.
That said, I checked it for the Softcore Tree and it turned out worse. Might be different for HC obviosuyl, but I will have to check that myself in a few days before I change anything in the Guide.

That said, ty for the Heads up :)

"
rozakk wrote:
i just got my watchers eye equipped (just the cheaper, added cold damage with hatred one) and the dmg now is silly in yellow maps. not sure yet on red tier but considering how garbage my gear currently is its nuts. im laying waste to bosses in some cases as fast as my old gc mine bosskiller build, and my map clearing is so ridiculous my mirage archer clears halfthe map when im just walking around looting lol. i dont even have a boot enchant yet.

once i get some top tier abyss jewels, manage to 6l my bow and then put on a kaoms, i may just sneak some MF in because its just complete overkill otherwise. totally underrated build.

Hey mate, glad to see you are having fun with the Build :)

I wouldn't judge too much by seeing it in yellow maps, but if it already performs better than some previous Builds: I'm very happy :D
As for your Gear: I see you already switched to MF. That's obviously fine, but I'd drop the Mana Flask and maybe a Life Flask at this point.
Just remember that you probably won't tackle Uber Elder like this :P

"
riotmakerr wrote:
I went to poe ninja to see who was running hopeshredder, and to my surprise everyone was running pretty much the same ROA build! I had to find who they were tailing. You must be very proud of such a successful guide and following. Having found you late, and had just played from scratch without any guide, I diverged on a bit of a different path, basically your suggestion of running barrage in 6L along with iceshot or LA.

Is there anything I am missing to push this hopeshredder build further? With barrage + dying sun single target, it gives max fire res, with boots, give max cold res, so loreweave not much sense for me.

I swap gloves between quant/frenzy and 2sock tombfist, and swap ring between ele weakness ring, unique power charge/cold per frenzy ring, and quant ring
Spoiler

And here is the rest

Thank you for reading and your time good sir

Thank you for the kind words mate :D
Ye, I'm happy that this Guide took to such a liking in the community. That said, my other (a bit more popular I guess) Guide and this one keep me busy quite a lot these days :P

As for your Build:
your Character looks pretty optimized at this Point, to be honest.
I sadly can't really check everything in depth tho, as I can't run PoB on this shitty Mac I have with me on Vacation.
That said, I would probably go with an Ascendant :P The Survivability is a lot better from my experience, and reliably using Damage on full Life opens up a very Strong more Multiplier. Same goes for Blood Rage. Also you'd gain Gemsockets, as you don't need to Support HoI with Ice Bite for Frenzies or Onslaught anymore.

Other than that, your Gear looks very nice! Is there anything in particular that's giving you a rough time? How's the LA + Barrage Hopesrhedder Life treating you?
And thank you very much for linking the Purity of Ice Doryanis, I can finally use them in my Guide :D
I'll incorporate them whenever I have some time.
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 12, 2018, 6:38:08 PM
thanks for the response!

I have cleared easy stuff like atziri, guardians, shaper, elder deathless with la/barrage. The clear is close to kinetic blast clear, the ms is off the charts without needing qotf. Dedicating more vaal soul for vaal grace over using it on vaal ROA is another strength i think for bosses

there is lots of talk, that in depth 300+ monster scaling is ridic. At 1000 depth there is funny video of streamer getting 1 hit by a white wolf lmao.

They say the party that is pushing 1500 is using lots of mechanics not widely used previously, to ensure nobody in the party gets hit at all. These being things like blind, hinder, freeze proliferation.

I find it is possible to die at depth 300-600 with two well time hits through life/eva/dodge, which at high level, can be devastating

I think to expand on your deep delve category there could be some build modifications that need a wider discussion, this is where maybe there are interesting optimizations

The Pandemonius amulet for example, can blind all chilled enemies, which can prevent getting hit pretty much entirely when combined with evade/dodge. Any opinion on its usage?

I chose lightning arrow for delve because it is alot like freeze prolif, picking enemies around the target to hit that all get freeze too, and with dying sun for barrage and gmp there is significant arrows and hits. With pierce its top notch. But if there are better ways to optimize to make sure nothing moves no matter what on the screen I am interested in more ideas around that

Finally I think there could be an absolutely insane ring possible with precursor's emblem. There is possibility to roll 3 frenzy charge mods, or something like 2 frenzy charge mods and 1 power charge mod. Do you think it could be BiS ring and what 3 mods would probably be the best?

I was thinking maybe:
10% power charge on hit
+1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
(6-8) to (12-13) Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge

or
Gain 1% of Cold Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Frenzy Charge

I don't think all mods available in PoB yet, but when it is, we can figure it out. Can't wait!
"
riotmakerr wrote:
Spoiler
thanks for the response!

I have cleared easy stuff like atziri, guardians, shaper, elder deathless with la/barrage. The clear is close to kinetic blast clear, the ms is off the charts without needing qotf. Dedicating more vaal soul for vaal grace over using it on vaal ROA is another strength i think for bosses

there is lots of talk, that in depth 300+ monster scaling is ridic. At 1000 depth there is funny video of streamer getting 1 hit by a white wolf lmao.

They say the party that is pushing 1500 is using lots of mechanics not widely used previously, to ensure nobody in the party gets hit at all. These being things like blind, hinder, freeze proliferation.

I find it is possible to die at depth 300-600 with two well time hits through life/eva/dodge, which at high level, can be devastating

I think to expand on your deep delve category there could be some build modifications that need a wider discussion, this is where maybe there are interesting optimizations

The Pandemonius amulet for example, can blind all chilled enemies, which can prevent getting hit pretty much entirely when combined with evade/dodge. Any opinion on its usage?

I chose lightning arrow for delve because it is alot like freeze prolif, picking enemies around the target to hit that all get freeze too, and with dying sun for barrage and gmp there is significant arrows and hits. With pierce its top notch. But if there are better ways to optimize to make sure nothing moves no matter what on the screen I am interested in more ideas around that

Finally I think there could be an absolutely insane ring possible with precursor's emblem. There is possibility to roll 3 frenzy charge mods, or something like 2 frenzy charge mods and 1 power charge mod. Do you think it could be BiS ring and what 3 mods would probably be the best?

I was thinking maybe:
10% power charge on hit

or
Gain 1% of Cold Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Frenzy Charge

I don't think all mods available in PoB yet, but when it is, we can figure it out. Can't wait!

Cool to hear that it worked out so well for you :)
Gonna add a LA/Ice Shot + Barrage Setup to the Build soon(tm), has been on my To Do for quite a while.

Yep, I sadly can't really play Delve but I've been roughly following the deeper Delves.

The deepest Party is using some insane Combinations, to which a Solo Delver has no Access.
But yes, Damage doesn't seem to be the Limiting Factor: Survivability is. I'd say dropping HoI for Blasphemy Enfeeble/Temp Chains is a possibility.
As for Pandemonius: I ususally don't consider it, as I prefer the Life a rare Amulet can deliver while giving similar, or very often better, DPS.
That said, it seems like a Solid Choice on this Build as you still will be able to hit decent Life Levels regardless. Gonna look into it once I'm back.

With regards to Freezes, pathing on the lower arm of the Primeval Force Cluster is a decent way to get Freeze Chance, and pathing to Fingers of Frost can be pretty reasonable as well. Subbing out Added Cold for Ice Bite is also a possibility for this Build for more reliable Freezes.
Taming is pretty expensive, but an offensively very solid Ring that also adds Freeze Chance.
Doryanis Invitation is also a solid Belt with Freeze Chance, that doesn't leave us without any offensive Beneifts. But that again would be a big Life Loss, and a proper Stygian is pretty damn hard to replace :P
That's all that comes to mind in terms of Freezes for now.

Other than that, you could obviously straight up use the Ele Prolif Gemfor actual Prolif. But that is usually a pretty chuncky DPS loss, which might be noticeable depending on the state of your Gear.

Sadly these things (Curses, Auras, Freeze and Shock Prolif, etc.) really only work out in Partys to their full extent. In Solo play you will always have a rougher time balancing Offensives and Survivability, and if we focus too much on the latter, the former might become a problem later on. But for now, it seems like a solid choice to sacrifice DPS for Safety, ye.

As for the Ring: looks decent, ye. But I will wait for PoB to tell what it's worth :P

All in all, thanks for the heads up! I will add some more Delve Notes etc.
later on to both my Guides, when I'm back home.
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 12, 2018, 7:06:58 PM
Decided to try this build never played RoA im level 85 atm and is super fun to do maps with also im using this jewel it looks insane for this build
"
Decided to try this build never played RoA im level 85 atm and is super fun to do maps with also im using this jewel it looks insane for this build

Hey mate, great to hear you are having fun!

Yes indeed, Unnatural Instinct is technically BIS. You ideally slot it in the top right Jewel Socket at the Scion Start (path throught the cast speed nodes), and have 2 Might of the Meeks in the other 2 Sockets like usually. The Mights amplify the Values of the Nodes you get from Unnatural Instincts as well. So in the End you have basically the same Endgame Tree as I currently recommend, but instead of the 3 Meeks you have 2, and you unspec the Crit Multi Nodes (3). For those 3 Points we can get a Jewel Socket now.
That said, I didn't include Unnatural Instinct in the Guide for now, because I simply didn't have time. Tomorrow evening I'm back home and can make some changes.

Your Character looks great so far btw :) Tree is all right, tho going that far into the Duelist Area isn't really worth it afaik.
Next up I'd recommend to upgrade your Left Ring to smth with WED/Cold Damage, and get a Stygian with WED as well.

Hope you continue to have fun with the Build :) If you ever feel you hit a Wall, feel free to drop by here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info