Client Update

Hello, what is in the client update?
Client-side client app updates for other software generally include change/commit logs.
I have attempted various curl commands to the GGG cdns but they will not return any information.

Thank you for your time.
Unable to connect to patching server

Help
this update is stalling hard on steam.
Is this the party improvement pre-patch?
My YOUTUBE Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7SYVrfQWKi0NJiAJJMusg
Last edited by VironLaw on Jul 23, 2018, 6:37:14 AM
I'd be alright with these updates if steam actually downloaded them instead of stopping every 3 seconds. GGG, please fix. if i had a 16mbps connection instead of the 50mbps connection, this would take over half an hour. as of now, only 10 minutes.
"
MobileForce wrote:
I'd be alright with these updates if steam actually downloaded them instead of stopping every 3 seconds. GGG, please fix. if i had a 16mbps connection instead of the 50mbps connection, this would take over half an hour. as of now, only 10 minutes.

This has nothing to do with Steam, or how fast your connection is. The patch may be 319MB but it may well be modifying 3Gb of data on your storage. They don't straight download replacement files, they do a differential on the existing one. Check how much your hard disk/ssd work during that time, there's also a nice Network vs Hard Disk usage info and graph on the Steam download page.

For patch like those, the speed of patching is more dependant on how much data need to be re-copied to modify the game and how fast your storage is than your download speed.
Last edited by ZakSeven on Jul 23, 2018, 7:48:06 AM
Is this the Mac OS client update?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Qarl wrote:
We have deployed a client update with no server restart or patch notes. It has no gameplay impact, just technical changes.

Could you be any less transparent? WHAT technical changes?
at work and can't test, but fingers crossed for fixes to performance issues introduced in 3.3.1!
"
Qarl wrote:
We have deployed a client update with no server restart or patch notes. It has no gameplay impact, just technical changes.

Rather unprofessional and utterly intransparent post.

Could we mortal people get actual information what this update is about instead of 'just technical changes' ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info